District 4AAA

QSouth89

On another thread volsb1 posted:

by volsb1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 pm

"I look for Bearden and West to be the favorites for next year followed by Catholic and Farragut. Maryville should be better next year; LC will be rebuilding."

Does anyone else have an opinion on how the district will shape up? I agree that Bearden will be the team to beat, 2-5 could be a toss up between Catholic, Farragut, Maryville and West. I know it's April but some of the threads on here are boring. Anyone have any opinions? I saw a team of kids from Heritage Middle playing AAU this weekend, they were very talented. Coach Hardin's future looks bright.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Bearden is the favorite

2.However don't sleep on Catholic they have a lot of size and could give the bulldogs trouble

3.West

The rest of the District will be pretty down compared to this past year.

4. Maryville: maybe a little better this year

5. Farragut: way down

6. Lenoir City: No Hood= No Good

7. William Blount: Don't know much about them, did Ballard graduate last year? if not then move them behind West

8. Heritage: Well coached, not a lot of basketball players on that team

1.Bearden is the favorite

2.However don't sleep on Catholic they have a lot of size and could give the bulldogs trouble

3.West

The rest of the District will be pretty down compared to this past year.

4. Maryville: maybe a little better this year

5. Farragut: way down

6. Lenoir City: No Hood= No Good

7. William Blount: Don't know much about them, did Ballard graduate last year? if not then move them behind West

8. Heritage: Well coached, not a lot of basketball players on that team

Ballard and Brayer (forgive spelling) graduated from William Blount. Farragut could be better then people think. Blake Williams is a player. Also heard through the grapevine that a couple of parents from West High called Catholic about a POSSIBLE transfer.

West may be the team to beat next year. They only lost 2 or 3 players and will again be very athletic. They have size with Carson Thompson and JuJuan Mitchell which could cause Bearden some problems next year. Bearden should definitely be the favorite with their guard play - only lost 1 senior. There post play will need some help. Catholic will be a tough matchup for most teams due to their size - they seem to be coached well also. Farragut should be better than last year with Blake Williams and Taylor Diegel returning plus some size moving up to varsity. Maryville should be very solid. Just like last year, there should be 5-6 quality teams with 3 standing out above the rest.

I have to disagree about Farragut. Blake williams is an awesome player

but I don't think he can do it alone...i think Farragut is in for some tough times.

West is too inconsistent to make any playoff noise. Catholic is well coached and has size which makes up for a lot of sins.

what's maryville going to look like?

I have to disagree about Farragut. Blake williams is an awesome player

but I don't think he can do it alone...I think Farragut is in for some tough times.

West is too inconsistent to make any playoff noise. Catholic is well coached and has size which makes up for a lot of sins.

what's maryville going to look like?

I agree with you about West being inconsistent but I think they made some noise last year in the playoffs.... after all, they did make it to the substate which is pretty darn good, imo. I think West will be even better this year.

I think Bearden, West, and Catholic will be the clear top tier of the district, Maryville & Farragut will be the middle tier and LC, WB, and Heritage the bottom tier.

As for Maryville... they were 14-13 last year, which was their worst record in a while and the first time they didn't make the regional tourney in many years, probably since sometime back in the 1990's. I would think they would be better but it is going to be very tough for them to crack the top three of the district.

Ok first of All Bearden probably will not lose to an instate opponent until the state tourny and they might win the whole thing they came in 3rd in the state and lost one player who started half the games there other 6'6 post started the rest... Catholic and Maryville and Farragut all lost there best players

Catholic- lost Taylor Broussard (best player)

Maryville- lost Cameron Langely(best player), JP Burris, 1 other starter

Farragut- Lost Landon Hundley(best player), Wayman Mc., and 2 other starters

WB- lost starting 5

West- lost best player Devin Jackson (rumors are west post player is going to transfer to Bearden)

Catholic has size yes but they are decent players at best will not go D1

Bearden has the best coaching not even close and they have 5 overwhelming guards in Ty Greene (all state) Rico White, Jae Lawson all 3 D1 players and Dion Fair and Daquan Wright with Austin Weida who is a great shooter. Everyone likes to say Bearden has no height false White is 6'4 Greene is 6'2 Lawson 6'1 Weida is 6'2.

Post players are Will Winton very good player D1 interest 6'4 Drew Standifer 6'6 and Spencer Peake 6'4

Bearden might be getting transfer from west who would solidify there post play Bearden will overwhelm teams this year with there Guards, speed, athleticism and depth they can play 10 to 11 players

West is the only team that challenged them in the distrcict last year they blew everybody else out and they will be 2x better next year Bearden or Melrose will the state next year.

West is the only team that challenged them in the distrcict last year they blew everybody else out and they will be 2x better next year Bearden or Melrose will the state next year.

You must not count the District Championship game as a District game. Or you are saying that beating a team by 3 points is a blow out. Not sure which one is true. Not saying that LC will be able to do that next year or arguing the point that Bearden should be a really really strong team next year, but I don't think that they are going to be as good as you are speculating. I may be wrong. Again, I am not saying that Bearden won't be good. They very well can win the state tournament, but its gonna be tough getting past the Memphis teams any year.

Ok first of All Bearden probably will not lose to an instate opponent until the state tourny and they might win the whole thing they came in 3rd in the state and lost one player who started half the games there other 6'6 post started the rest... Catholic and Maryville and Farragut all lost there best players

Catholic- lost Taylor Broussard (best player)

Maryville- lost Cameron Langely(best player), JP Burris, 1 other starter

Farragut- Lost Landon Hundley(best player), Wayman Mc., and 2 other starters

WB- lost starting 5

West- lost best player Devin Jackson (rumors are west post player is going to transfer to Bearden)

Catholic has size yes but they are decent players at best will not go D1

Bearden has the best coaching not even close and they have 5 overwhelming guards in Ty Greene (all state) Rico White, Jae Lawson all 3 D1 players and Dion Fair and Daquan Wright with Austin Weida who is a great shooter. Everyone likes to say Bearden has no height false White is 6'4 Greene is 6'2 Lawson 6'1 Weida is 6'2.

Post players are Will Winton very good player D1 interest 6'4 Drew Standifer 6'6 and Spencer Peake 6'4

Bearden might be getting transfer from west who would solidify there post play Bearden will overwhelm teams this year with there Guards, speed, athleticism and depth they can play 10 to 11 players

Taylor Broussard was Catholic best all around player but their 3rd leading scorer. Joey Bodewig is currently being recruited by VMI, last time I checked they were a division I program. Some of the other players are being recruited by DIII and NAIA programs, small schools but it's a chance to play college ball. The rumors about the players from West showing an interest in Catholic just might be true. I heard there is some genuine interest (at least from one parent's point of view). However, his son wanting to go to Catholic, might be a different story. We shall see.

Bearden is very talented and are clearly the team to beat, but those figures on their height might be a stretch. They looked small to me, but then again Catholic is pretty tall and long. They didn't look much bigger than LC when they played in the district championship game, but I was way up in the stands.

The point i am trying to make is that handeled every team last year except Lenior City once they beat them by 20 and 15 the other times and they lost everyone. West was blown out by bearden twice and give them credit for there win at bearden and they played them tough in the region. The main point im trying to make is that Bearden didnt lose a player and every other team lost there best player. Bearden will probably be challenged some games for sure but i think the vast majority of the time the JV team will be playing in the 4th quarter.... Jae Lawson is staying at Bearden coach blevins has set up with quite a few D 1 colleges.

The point i am trying to make is that handeled every team last year except Lenior City once they beat them by 20 and 15 the other times and they lost everyone. West was blown out by bearden twice and give them credit for there win at bearden and they played them tough in the region. The main point im trying to make is that Bearden didnt lose a player and every other team lost there best player. Bearden will probably be challenged some games for sure but i think the vast majority of the time the JV team will be playing in the 4th quarter.... Jae Lawson is staying at Bearden coach blevins has set up with quite a few D 1 colleges.

I was not questioning their talent or their ability. They are very good. I just don't think they are as tall as your numbers. I remember Taylor Broussard gaurding Ty Greene and Taylor had a distinct height advantage. Taylor is only 6'3.