Rutherford County Spring?

Dave Thomas (Dad) is taking over the freshman team at Oakland. I do not know much about him but I bet LOD he was taught well also!

i would take him in a heartbeat he is a tremendous asset at RIVERDALE i am sure he will do well at oakland

Dave Thomas will be a great addition to the Oakland coaching staff! :flower:

as a former suite mate and teammate at East Carolina...i know this guy knows football! he's been around it all of his life...his grandfather played in college...his dad played in college...he and his brother greg played at ECU...his brother won like 4 straight NC state titles at their highest division and is now coach of a powerhouse in FL...and his two sons were pretty dang good...i agree in totality that he will be a great hire at Oakland!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland closed out their spring with an exciting red/white game yesterday. The red team won 2TDs to 1TD. Still lots of work to be done before August but defense continues to look strong this year. The D-line will be smaller in size but will make up for it with speed. Good to see the FB back from ACL surgery. That kid is strong!!! It was a good day for football and the weather made it feel like Fall. August will be here before you know it guys!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
OK so what is happening besides R'dale is needing ALOT of work this summer. dry.gif

How did LaVergne do against WC with its new "wonder Coach' from east Tn that could not win it all with a really good Oak Ridge team?

Has Blackman and Smyrna scrimmaged anyone yet?

And the $64.000.00 question, has Oakland played anyone yet?

Lavergne Won the spring game with WC 4-2 and ran (I) very simple plays. 4 out of the 5 starting linemen and the Starting FB and LB did not play because they were at track practice throwing shot and discus and winning championships. And you don’t know a thing about Coach Stevens. You don't know what Oak Ridge had while he was there. All You know is they had $$$$$. So where do you come off with the “Wonder Coach” comment? Please understand he dose have a State Title.

Lavergne will be a very solid team this year and will come up and bite some folks in the toughest region in the state.

OK so what is happening besides R'dale is needing ALOT of work this summer. dry.gif

How did LaVergne do against WC with its new "wonder Coach' from east Tn that could not win it all with a really good Oak Ridge team?

Lavergne Won the spring game with WC 4-2 and ran (I) very simple plays. 4 out of the 5 starting linemen and the Starting FB and LB did not play because they were at track practice throwing shot and discus and winning championships. And you don’t know a thing about Coach Stevens. You don't know what Oak Ridge had while he was there. All You know is they had $$$$$. So where do you come off with the “Wonder Coach” comment? Please understand he dose have a State Title.

Lavergne will be a very solid team this year and will come up and bite some folks in the toughest region in the state.

I come off saying it because I saw what he did with Oak Ridge after the game with R'dale where Coach Rankin was already gone mentally, and rightly so considering how ill his father was at the time.

BTW I still do NOT think Ohio HS football is that much better than Tennessee. Like I have said before, let see them trot on down here and SHOW us. :popcorneater::roflolk:

I come off saying it because I saw what he did with Oak Ridge after the game with R'dale where Coach Rankin was already gone mentally, and rightly so considering how ill his father was at the time.

BTW I still do NOT think Ohio HS football is that much better than Tennessee. Like I have said before, let see them trot on down here and SHOW us. :popcorneater::roflolk:

OK........we'll agree to disagree on the Ohio Football thing until we see a Ohio Powerhouse team come down here and crush any Tenn team........I get it.

Now what happen when Coach Stevens was at Oak Ridge and Coach Rankin was at Riverdale?

In 2005 they played each other in the semi final and R'dale lost. Coach Rankin's mind really was not on the game as his father was in the hospital and very seriously ill, which is totally understandable. The play calling for R'dale was NOT typical!

That game was Coach Steven's high point at Oak Ridge, and it went continually down hill from there until he was fired. dry.gif

You are right that we will continue to disagree, PEACEFULLY about Ohio football until one comes down here. :roflol:

In 2005 they played each other in the semi final and R'dale lost. Coach Rankin's mind really was not on the game as his father was in the hospital and very seriously ill, which is totally understandable. The play calling for R'dale was NOT typical!

That game was Coach Steven's high point at Oak Ridge, and it went continually down hill from there until he was fired. dry.gif

You are right that we will continue to disagree, PEACEFULLY about Ohio football until one comes down here. :roflol:

LOD..what are you doing up at 4:45 am..are you eaking up or just coming in? LOL

Hey wingman, don't let LOD fool ya.....he was just sneaking back in. He and Rankin were out partying.

You know BETTER than that. I am particular about who I party with. dry.gif

Wife does not say anything as she witnessed the alarm clock commiting suicide by 45! She also saw a puter keyboard commit suicide the same way in the back yard. That is what is nice about not living in the city limits as gunfire is still allowed. :roflol: