Local Girls win Div 2 State Tournament in Shelbyville

I just saw that the 4-Evergrren team won the State Tournament for the 2nd consecutive year.The team is made up mostly of Lake Co players with the addition of a few players from area schools.I noticed three players on the team that doesn't play for Lake Co High school and I'm familiar with a couple of them.K.K. Tate plays Dyersburg and I noticed a Union City player from last years middle school team,Jackie Hudson I believe is her name.There There's another player ,Terica white,on the team and I'm hoping Chipper,Purple or G.C. Pioneer can help me out..whether she's from Union City or Gibson Co. The reason I'm wondering is I tried to pull up an article about the team and only found 1 article and that was from Crossville and in the article it says the 4-Evergreen team had players from Gibson Co and Dyersburg.I figured if the team had anyone from Gibson Co., it would have been the Haynes girl.That's why I'm wondering because of the article saying players from Gibson Co..Below is the article..Another thing I find interesting is the comment about T.T. Flowers.I'm sure it's talking about 15 year olds but where did they get that information?Just wondering because T.T. didn't make the Writers All Stste team ! But anyway.Below is the article and it's talking about the Crossville Thunder,the local team there.

15U Girls Finish 2nd in State at AAU State Tournament

The 15U Thunder girls fell just short of repeating as the Tennessee AAU State Champions in soggy Shelbyville. A very strange turn of events that began with a 16U team in an AAU 15U tournament, ended with a disappointing loss to the Team 4-Evergreen. Team 4-Evergreen proved to be unstoppable the entire weekend, winning every game by double digits. The 4-Evergreen team featured the #1 PG in the state, TT Flowers and the best of her Lake County teammates, as well as key players from Dyersburg High School and 2010 Tennessee High School State AA Champions, Gibson County.

The 15U girls were in the same opening pool as 4-Evergreen and thus finished with one loss and 2nd place in Pool B, qualifying them for the Final Four. In Game One of pool play, they met the unknown Team 4-Evergreen and were not ready for the overall team speed they faced, turning the ball over 32 times. They managed to get within 5 points mid-way through the 2nd half, but could not push through...losing by a score of 61 - 46. The 2nd game of pool play was another strange turn with a forfeit loss by the TN Dream Phoenix caused, we believe, by the flooding in the Nashville area.

Making it through pool play in 2nd position meant the 15U team would face a familiar nemesis in the Memphis Elite, who had finished pool play undefeated and #1 in their pool. This game was a rematch of last year's one point victory for the Lady Thunder in the quarterfinals. This time, however, the Thunder girls played one of their best games of the year, pummeling Memphis Elite 71 - 43 in the State Semi-Final game. Unfortunately, the girls would later drop their 2nd game to the 4-Evergreen to take the Runner-Up trophy.

How does a 16u team play in the 15u div II state?

I have no idea.I don't think it was talking abut the Evergreen team though!Because it said a 16U started the tournament.I wouldn't think they'd allow a 16 year old team play all the way through..Evergreen was still there at the end so I'm sure it's not their team..The local paper at Lake Co stated that the team qualified for the National tournament in Orlando in July so I'm sure it wasn't the Evergreen team........Also not sure about the accuracy of the article either.Where did they get the info that T.T. is the number 1 PG in the stste?It said the other girls were key players off of Dyersburg and Gibson Co teams.I know all the Gibson Co starters and none of the girls I named started for Gibson Co...K.K. did start for Dyersburg..Hudson was still in middle school last year ..It said the others were the best of Lake Co high school.It was the rest of Lake Co High school..Not the best.All but 3 players play for Lake Co high school..Three of the players on the team are going to be juniors,including Carnation and T.T. and be starters and the the other players on the team are Shamone Peason a starter last year on the high school team as a freshman and Tiana Gray,an upcoming freshman this year will probably be the other starter,So.the Lake Co high school team has no seniors this year and will have a freshman and a sophomore also starting.And a couple 8th graders waiting in the wings,including a clone of T.T. in the Yancey girl.

That is not really an article you reference, but a posting on a website. According to the poster, TT Flowers was listed as the top sophomore point guard on a couple of the "Top Players" listings last year, which may or may not be accurate, so that was the point of reference. Whatever her rank or non-rank, she can play! So can several others on that team.

The 16U team referred to in the posting was NOT Team 4-Evergreen. The 3rd place team from the 16U D2 North Middle Substate was actually originally in Pool B of the 15U D2 State Tournament (you can see it in the 15U D2 brackets on Tennessee Girls AAU website so it is fact...copied below) and then pulled out of the tournament. Team 4-Evergreen is a legit and REALLY good 15U team. Also, the Gibson county reference was incorrect and has been corrected in the posting. The posting was really intended for parents and players and was based on some rushed research to figure who those outstanding players were, but gotta be careful with the internet! Thunder apologizes for any inaccuracies or offensive information. Anyway you look at it or slice it, Lake County looks to be in great shape for the next several years! Congrats to T-4E.

SE-AAU TENNESSEE GIRLS' BASKETBALL

15 D-ll UNDER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP,

SHELBYVILLE ,TENNESSEE APRIL 30, MAY 1,2 2010

8 TEAMS, 2 POOLS

TEAM

POOL A

1. EAST # 1

TN XTREME

2 SOUTH MIDDLE # 2

TN ELITE (BROWN)

3. WEST # 2

TEAM MEMPHIS ELITE

4. NORTH MIDDLE # 1

TN TORNADOES

TEAM

POOL B

1. WEST # 1

TEAM 4 EVERGREEN

2. NORTH MIDDLE # 2

TN DREAM PHOENIX

3. NORTH MIDDLE # 16 B

TENNESSEE ATTACK BLUE

4. SOUTH MIDDLE # 1

CROSSVILLE THUNDER

That is not really an article you reference, but a posting on a website. According to the poster, TT Flowers was listed as the top sophomore point guard on a couple of the "Top Players" listings last year, which may or may not be accurate, so that was the point of reference. Whatever her rank or non-rank, she can play! So can several others on that team.

The 16U team referred to in the posting was NOT Team 4-Evergreen. The 3rd place team from the 16U D2 North Middle Substate was actually originally in Pool B of the 15U D2 State Tournament (you can see it in the 15U D2 brackets on Tennessee Girls AAU website so it is fact...copied below) and then pulled out of the tournament. Team 4-Evergreen is a legit and REALLY good 15U team. Also, the Gibson county reference was incorrect and has been corrected in the posting. The posting was really intended for parents and players and was based on some rushed research to figure who those outstanding players were, but gotta be careful with the internet! Thunder apologizes for any inaccuracies or offensive information. Anyway you look at it or slice it, Lake County looks to be in great shape for the next several years! Congrats to T-4E.

SE-AAU TENNESSEE GIRLS' BASKETBALL

15 D-ll UNDER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP,

SHELBYVILLE ,TENNESSEE APRIL 30, MAY 1,2 2010

8 TEAMS, 2 POOLS

TEAM

POOL A

1. EAST # 1

TN XTREME

2 SOUTH MIDDLE # 2

TN ELITE (BROWN)

3. WEST # 2

TEAM MEMPHIS ELITE

4. NORTH MIDDLE # 1

TN TORNADOES

TEAM

POOL B

1. WEST # 1

TEAM 4 EVERGREEN

2. NORTH MIDDLE # 2

TN DREAM PHOENIX

3. NORTH MIDDLE # 16 B

TENNESSEE ATTACK BLUE

4. SOUTH MIDDLE # 1

CROSSVILLE THUNDER

Thanks for the info blueangel..Didn't want people think we were playing 16 year olds against 15 year olds.As a matter of fact,T.T. was only 13 years old when she started as a freshman at Lake Co so I know she's very young for her upcoming junior class..Thanks again.!

• 3 weeks later...

Heard that Coach Ronnie Lanier,the coach of the Evergreen AAU team was accepting a job at Brighton.I think his wife may become a teacher there as well but not sure.Anyway.Good luck to Ronnie.He's done a terrific job.He's been a integral part of the success of the Lake Co basketball programs at the middle school and high school.

• 3 weeks later...