District 11-AAA Tournament

IndyEagle09

Tournament actions starts tonight at Independence. This year with six teams, the district will be having two play in games to the four team double elimination format.

Tonight

Brentwood vs. Hillsboro- This one will be a blow out for the Bruins as they move on to face city rival Ravenwood Monday afternoon.

Franklin vs. Centennial- This will be the best match-up of the night. I am calling for a Centennial upset. In their series this year Centennial outplayed Franklin but lost 2 out of 3. The young Cougars and Tony Kemp have improved vastly since the middle of March. Look for them to beat the underachieving, poorly coached Rebels.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict a Franklin victory due to the coaching! I watch them practice pretty often from the outside looking in and I know for a fact that they are well coached in every aspect of the game! Just curious on how you know all of the coaches at Franklin well enough to place the blame on them?

In response to GoingtoRightField:

4:00 Brentwood v Hillsboro

7:00 Franklin v Centennial

Can someone explain the purpose of the district tournament? Doesn't your regular season record determine the winner of the district? Can the winner of the district (based on their season record) be eliminated in the district tournament from moving on to the Regional tournament?

I know some players at FHS and they have voiced their displeasure. Seems to me you must be a coach or parent that wants to suck up to the head guy over there. Everyone in the district can see the drop off in the level of play from the Rebels from this year to last.

Indy is promised a spot in Regional Tournament. Their seed is determined if they win the tournament or if they finished 2nd or lower. I found out today that the tourney is double elimination for all teams so what does the bracket look like then?

I couldn't agree more that the coaching at Franklin this year has been poor to say the least! I am not a student or a parent from Franklin. Just someone who enjoys watching the games. But there has been a tremendous difference from last year to this year with basically the same players! They are certainly not playing up to their potentials! Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to replace last year's coaches after all! It is so sad to me when people don't realize what they have until it's gone! Especially in this case, when the only ones who get hurt by it are the players who deserve better! Hopefully administration at Franklin will realize it and get better coaches for next year!

I couldn't agree more that the coaching at Franklin this year has been poor to say the least! I am not a student or a parent from Franklin. Just someone who enjoys watching the games. But there has been a tremendous difference from last year to this year with basically the same players! They are certainly not playing up to their potentials! Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to replace last year's coaches after all! It is so sad to me when people don't realize what they have until it's gone! Especially in this case, when the only ones who get hurt by it are the players who deserve better! Hopefully administration at Franklin will realize it and get better coaches for next year!

Orangestar - many of us that have been around awhile know what kind of coach we got rid of last year: an immature, hot headed, ego maniac that played favorites, lacked discipline with the players he liked, and was a poor excuse for a role model.

For any of you that have jobs or manage people, you know it takes time to turn a dept, company or team around when someone new comes in with new ideas and expectations. That's what has been happening in Franklin baseball this year - a new sheriff is in town and the kids that liked last years' regime have really struggled to get on board and as a result it has been a tough year.

For all of you "Franklin bashers" out there you need to stay tuned in. We are starting to see some bright spots - like knocking Brentwood out of the District tournament tonight and the kids (that want to be part of this program) are finally starting to believe in themselves and each other. For all of you making predictions his year, here's one for you: Franklin will end the season playing hard and giving teams a run for their money in post season play, and next year........ The coaching staff will be the same staff we have this year and the Rebels will be on top once again.

Orangestar - many of us that have been around awhile know what kind of coach we got rid of last year: an immature, hot headed, ego maniac that played favorites, lacked discipline with the players he liked, and was a poor excuse for a role model.

For any of you that have jobs or manage people, you know it takes time to turn a dept, company or team around when someone new comes in with new ideas and expectations. That's what has been happening in Franklin baseball this year - a new sheriff is in town and the kids that liked last years' regime have really struggled to get on board and as a result it has been a tough year.

For all of you "Franklin bashers" out there you need to stay tuned in. We are starting to see some bright spots - like knocking Brentwood out of the District tournament tonight and the kids (that want to be part of this program) are finally starting to believe in themselves and each other. For all of you making predictions his year, here's one for you: Franklin will end the season playing hard and giving teams a run for their money in post season play, and next year........ The coaching staff will be the same staff we have this year and the Rebels will be on top once again.

but that coach last year was better than these coaches this year. he knew baseball but grew up in a different place and not in the bubble of williamson county. he liked the players who were tough and not soft, which seems to me like there are a lot of players this year on the Rebels who are afraid to get dirty. im not saying all, just some of them. and he was the pitching coach under alumbaugh for 3 years and alumbaugh was a discipline machine to those young men. don't diss the previous coaches. calling him immature on coacht when you cant be a man and say that to his face is being way more immature. anyways, good luck to all the teams in this district.

but that coach last year was better than these coaches this year. he knew baseball but grew up in a different place and not in the bubble of williamson county. he liked the players who were tough and not soft, which seems to me like there are a lot of players this year on the Rebels who are afraid to get dirty. im not saying all, just some of them. and he was the pitching coach under alumbaugh for 3 years and alumbaugh was a discipline machine to those young men. don't diss the previous coaches. calling him immature on coacht when you cant be a man and say that to his face is being way more immature. anyways, good luck to all the teams in this district.

Please! The coach is gone. Let it die. He was in over his head and was rightfully let go. It's time to move on.

the mistakes made by the rebels are in no way coaching errors......if you could see a franklin practice it is very non stop by the min and they work on the mistakes they have made in the feild everyday.... and as you can see from saturday night when the rebels finnaly buy into the solid old school hard ball system of frank glover and actually hit the ball to their ability....good things happen like a big win to knock brentwood out of the tournement...... i wouldnt be suprised to see franklin turn things around and come back next year with a solid class and put it too some people