7-AAA Bracket and 8-AAA Bracket - which one..???

davidlimbaugh

7-AAA Bracket and 8-AAA Bracket - which one do you like better and why?

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/2010-7AAA-District-Tournament.pdf

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/2010%20District%208-AAA%20Bracket.pdf

I like the 7AAA a lot more because every place in the standings means something. Ever seed has ramifications. That makes every game in the season mean something. Keep in mind 7-AAA played 15 district games, 5 3-games series.

8-AAA's bracket means something if you finish first or second. But for 3-6 it is actually an advantage to lose the first one before you lose the second one. That is what I have always disliked about that bracket. If 3 beats 6 and 4 beats five and then they both lose you then get 5 and 6 throwing their #2 against 3 and 4's #3 pitchers. Doesn't seem fair to me.

What do ya think????

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dugoutdad!

We were lucky - our field was actually playable Monday. All the flooding was west and north of us. Metro and counties north of Nashville were hammered - some fields 6 feet underwater!

I hope to see you too!!!

MikeMcgee 8AAA friends - I think I found some typos in the bracket I was sent for 8AAA - see them???

I like 7AAA bracket more than I like ours (8AAA). As David stated if 8-AAA #3 and 4 win tonight (Friday) but lose tomorrow against 1 & 2 then they have to play Sunday against 5 & 6 again and those two haven't played since Friday night. But our bracket really favors 1 & 2 getting a first round bye, where in the 7AAA bracket it only gives a bye in the 2nd round to the highest 1st round winner. I think that bracket is more favorable to the lower seeds, because #6 Lavergne (1-14) can throw their ace at #1 Siegal (11-4) and anything can happen. Another thing about 7AAA bracket with #1 vs #6, what if #6 was like Shelbyville and didn't have their top three pitchers available till tourney time. I would really like to go ahead and play #1 with my best right out of the box. Of course if you lose as a lower seed in the first round, that hole your in and have to get out of will seem like an abyss. If a higher seed team loses then they are not punished as much, which is what I like more.

One other thing about our bracket is that the teams that plays and wins tonight should get those first game jitters out. And their second game tomorrow against #1 & 2 they should play more relaxed. I don't think that will matter with a seasoned team like Columbia, but if Franklin Co wins tonight and plays Tullahoma... then maybe the only advantage they have is their #1 against our #2 (both split regular season and finished 7-3 in district). That is about the only disadvantage our #1 and #2 have though.

Hi dugoutdad!

We were lucky - our field was actually playable Monday. All the flooding was west and north of us. Metro and counties north of Nashville were hammered - some fields 6 feet underwater!

I hope to see you too!!!

MikeMcgee 8AAA friends - I think I found some typos in the bracket I was sent for 8AAA - see them???

What are the typos? Tonights games are played at the higher seeds home field and tomorrow's games are played at #1 Columbia and #2 Tullahoma fields. All games from Sunday through Wednesday are played at Franklin Co (Winchester)

What are the typos? Tonights games are played at the higher seeds home field and tomorrow's games are played at #1 Columbia and #2 Tullahoma fields. All games from Sunday through Wednesday are played at Franklin Co (Winchester)

Later in the bracket - it appears that they swapped game 7 and 8 and didn't change the rest of the bracket to reflect that - see it now?

Later in the bracket - it appears that they swapped game 7 and 8 and didn't change the rest of the bracket to reflect that - see it now?

Yep I see it now. We designed it that way anticipating we would be the winner of game 8 and leap frog to the Championship game. Hey thanks for letting the cat out of the bag because eveyone knows our plan now.