Bearden Hires New Coach

fprex

I dont know much about him as a coach. Is this a good or bad decision considering he hasnt coached in years. Were the applicants that bad?

Coach Cowen did a good job at CAK (ironic that he was forced to resign as coach). I vaguely remember his last few years at Bearden he did okay but at the time, Sevier County, Farragut, Heritage and Maryville were all pretty good. He has a lot of coaching experience to say the least. As far as applicants, not sure, but I heard they let the parents do the interviewing. So it was the parents choice.

Wow, thats different. Will he keep the assistants that are there. What type of season do you predict they will have?

They should be good. Problem is Maryville, Farragut, Heritage and West will be VERY good. William Blount will be better and LC has talent if they can get it together.

They should be good. Problem is Maryville, Farragut, Heritage and West will be VERY good. William Blount will be better and LC has talent if they can get it together.

Umm I agree with Maryville, Farragut, and West. However, Heritage is really going to struggle, they lost a lot of players and didn't have much on the bench.

I totally agree with William Blount and Lenoir City....those 2 could be Dangerous

The bottom 3 teams are going to be Catholic, Bearden, and Heritage.

Cowan has a lot of work on his hands.

Question. Better District 4AAA hire. Cowan @ Bearden or Wright @ Lenoir City?

Thats a tough one...i think you would say Wright because of youth and the college experience, and you have to wonder how many years Cowan has left. However, Wright and his college past might make him a risky person for the long term.

If I could choose I would go with Wright.