AAA Regionals - here are the teams!!

StarRaider

I hear you. The double elim could start tomorrow -- Substate doesn't start until next Friday night. My feeling is that baseball is a tournament game...not just a 1 game winner take all game. Space it out enough and with nothing but 1 dominant pitcher and you can go all the way. You find out who the best TEAM is in a tournament...or even a best 2 of 3.

You are preaching to the choir brother. IMHO a double elimination regional tourney and 2 of 3 sectional (aka NCAA super-regional) gives the best team the best chance to win state. That must be why the NCAA tourney does it that way.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got them all. Thanks to everyone for the updates! :flower:

Good job :?

How tough is 7AAA

Riverdale went 6-1 against non-7AAA teams in regionals:

Independence 5-2

Ravenwood 6-7

Coffee Co 9-5

Hendersonville 4-1

Science Hill 19-10

Collierville 14-9

Walker Valley 9-5

6-1 record

Of course most of these games were non-district pitchers vs non-district pitchers. As far as the 1 game and you are done on Monday and Friday I have been pushing a 'different plan' for years...

It would be nice to have the same format for all district tourneys as well. Some have single elimination play in games, some run a true double elimination tourney, and others run pool play. I am not a fan of pool play at all. I would prefer a true tourney. This way everyone going into regions would have the path to get there.