Signal Mountain spring practice/scrimmages

smeagle1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Red Bank What they think. Final score in the Jamboree tonight. Signal Mountain 13 Red Bank 0 In the most recent preseason polls, I think Red Bank was ranked #3 in 4A. Signal was ranked #4 in 2A. So now Red Bank is a Cupcake too. Well the list of Cupcakes in the Chattanooga area is growing. Before long there won't be any real football teams left only a bunch of cupcakes and South Pittsburg.

It is actually growing. Red bank graduated a world of talent. So once again, signal proves nothing. I will say this- they executed well and did their job. But Red Bank is indeed down this year, to say the least. I also love the parents' "we are....signal" cheers. Another cup cake- Boyd Buc. Gah I dont know who predicted them to do so well and why but gah they looked like they've never seen mis-direction before. A sorry performance against a mediocre mcaallie squad

It is actually growing. Red bank graduated a world of talent. So once again, signal proves nothing. I will say this- they executed well and did their job. But Red Bank is indeed down this year, to say the least. I also love the parents' "we are....signal" cheers. Another cup cake- Boyd Buc. Gah I dont know who predicted them to do so well and why but gah they looked like they've never seen mis-direction before. A sorry performance against a mediocre mcaallie squad

It looks like Signal Mountain may be having cupcakes all season long. This could be one sweeeeet season for the Eagles. Oh, by the way, We Are... Signal!!!

Edited by smtnfan

Congrats on the big win tonight Smeagle1...looks like Signal is going to be a very tough team to beat this year.....should be a great matchup when yall come to the Pitt....Best of luck this year (except when you play us of course)...

Piratetom, best of luck to the Pirates this year except when we come to town. Hopefully both teams will be healthy and their records unscathed. It should be a great game.

I will agree with Mike. I would like to see Signal come down to SP undefeated. I also agree no respect from me " YET " . I love some of the trash talking I hear that some Signal players coaches and parents are talking about SP, because that will make it even better when SP throws that 21+ beatin on em! :roflolk:

Being a Signal parent, haven't heard any trash talk, just that it's going to be a great game that we hope we can win this year. We may not all be as obnoxious as you think. Good luck to ALL the boys, may they play hard, stay healthy, and may their parents and fans not act like jacka$$es!

Edited by signalbirdie

the jamboree was much more than just a 20 minute scrimmage to many of the kids on the teamm as several of them left red bank after their freshman year and upon leaving all of the red bank students players and coaches said that signal mountain would never be able to compete or even be worthy of playing on the same field as red bank but i think that the jamboree showed that signal can compete with them and is more than worthy i know that a lot of red bank fans really had to eat some words and swallow their pride last night. and many people say red bank is down this year and rebuilding but regardless they still are the red bank lions and beating them meant a lot to some of the players

Ask Red Bank What they think. Final score in the Jamboree tonight. Signal Mountain 13 Red Bank 0 In the most recent preseason polls, I think Red Bank was ranked #3 in 4A. Signal was ranked #4 in 2A. So now Red Bank is a Cupcake too. Well the list of Cupcakes in the Chattanooga area is growing. Before long there won't be any real football teams left only a bunch of cupcakes and South Pittsburg.

Uncle Dave does not see this win in the Jamboree as a big statement....nobody shows anything in a Jamboree unless they are just plum dumb. Rankings mean nothing unless you are #1 at the end of the season.

Yep just ask the Red Bank Lions who are the #3 4A team in the state about this cupcake after the jamboree tonight, and any of the 2k plus fans of various teams that were on hand to witness:-) The score was 13-0 but that doesn't tell the whole story. SM amassed 160 yards of offense while allowing 65 and 30 of that was on one play. I know a jamboree only one quarter, right? Well it was a 20 minute running clock quarter. And in that short time we were able to run up a lot of yards against a good team.

Uncle Dave has been told that Red Bank is rebuilding this year so their ranking is based on the history of how they have played in the past. Not taking anything away from SM....just don't read too much into that quarter of play.

the jamboree was much more than just a 20 minute scrimmage to many of the kids on the teamm as several of them left red bank after their freshman year and upon leaving all of the red bank students players and coaches said that signal mountain would never be able to compete or even be worthy of playing on the same field as red bank but i think that the jamboree showed that signal can compete with them and is more than worthy i know that a lot of red bank fans really had to eat some words and swallow their pride last night. and many people say red bank is down this year and rebuilding but regardless they still are the red bank lions and beating them meant a lot to some of the players

Sounds like heresay to Uncle Dave.....but it also ain't hard to compete when you recruit either....just ask Temple.

Sounds like heresay to Uncle Dave.....but it also ain't hard to compete when you recruit either....just ask Temple.

Uncle Dave,

Recruiting? How ignorant can you be? It's pretty funny the rumors "adult" folks will come up with when they sense they're about witness a few years of defeat from a rival team. There has to be an excuse as to why they're getting beat by a better team. It starts when they get word of how good a rival team looks during pre-season scrimmages. That fear starts creeping up their backs, so they start making excuses as to why their team's going to lose later in the season. Just suck it up and give the Signal Mountain community the credit they deserve, the people are very involved with their kids and very focused on doing things the right way. The community planned every aspect of the high school in detail well before ground was ever broken. These folks expect to do well and everyone is willing to put in time to ensure the job gets done. Regardless, where we fall in classification, we're going to do well. Do your community a favor and show a little class. Sooner or later South Pittsburgh will lose to Signal Mountain and wild conspiracies used as excuses will only make the South Pittsburgh community look like sore losers. Appreciate the fact that you guys have some real competition now, so if you win, you can say you beat a good team.

But, don't worry as long as South Pittsburgh maintains the "dorms", you guys will always have athletes.