7A Clay co.

jimbo44

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that Joe Sims is gitting out of his rocking chair and taking over the job at Celina.

Coach Simms has to be the winingest coach to never have won at State. He has taken them there often enuogh.

Old news Jim,he took over 6 weeks ago.

I don't get out much, now that the season is over.

Joe will have them ready for summer camps.

Clarkrange and JC both loaded with good freshmen this year and may be a year away from being as good as last year but these coaches do a good job of preparing early so it will be very interesting this year to see how they match up. Clay co. will deffinitely have the more experienced players this year and PC should also be improved. This may be the year that coaching could make the differance and all the programs have good coaches.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope Pickett Co. is improved...they nearly beat Jackson Co. in the region last year, up by 8 or 9 in the 3rd quarter...and lost by 5. But I can't see how they could be better losing Terrah Garner, the top scorer in the state, Kayla Gibson and Brittany Garrett. They have a lot of talent but they are in the toughest district in the state.

yeah PC was only about 2 minutes and a few careless turnovers away from being in the Region title game for the first time since iirc 1990 and would have more than likely hosted a sectional game... but that's last year, hopefully we're just as good this year as we were last year, yeah i know replacing 3 very good girls(and 1 girl that just unfortunately got taken out in the middle of the season) is gonna be tough but who knows, last time we were counted out in this region, which was the last 2 years the girls have shocked everyone.