Substate...Greenfield vs. Adamsville

volfan007

Greenfield will be playing Adamsville in the substate game on Friday. The game is supposed to be played in Greenfield, but with this weather...who knows?

Greenfield beat UC 11-1 in 5 innings to win the Region 7A crown, while Adamsville fell to Decatur Co. Riverside 3-2.

So, UC will have to travel to Decatur Co. Riverside on Friday.

The winners, of course, go to the state tourney. Big, big games coming up for all the teams.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I have heard Greenfield has a stud left handed pitcher and their bats aren't shabby either. I've seen Adamsville play a few times this year and think that they are a very good team and that they will not quit until the game is over. They have had a difficult road just to get to here and I think this may be one of the better sub state games to pay attention too

I am really hoping that Greenfield can pull it out this year. After getting so close last year, this year they should know what to expect. Good group of young men who know the sport well. Last nights game was nerve racking and then our guys got HOT. Union City is a good team and I hope we see them and GHS go to Murfreesboro next week. Good luck to all the teams and praying for no injuries!!

Congrats Willie T and the rest of those YellowJackets, It's great to hear someone is representing West Tenn so well.

Well your "star" coach willie obviously has no respect for the game. stealing 2nd AND 3rd when you are already up by 12 runs? thats just poor baseball etiquette. no respect

Your "star" boys basketball coach doesn't lay off when he is beating teams by 10 or 20. But I guess that is ok. It is tournament time and a team should play till the game is over. That is what we did! Greenfield boys play with heart and "want to" attitude.

Greenfield is going to have to play good ball and make "all-star" plays against Adamsville. They can do it and I think they will. Play hard guys and Good Luck!