Substate...Greenfield vs. Adamsville

volfan007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big lefty that bats at like #5 in the order. He played first base. He absolutely launched it out of that field.

Also, in the bottom of the 7th, Greenfield got a boy on first and Adamsville attempted to pick him off and the ball was thrown away. The base runner from Greenfield took off to second and was about to go to third until he was caught in a run down and thrown out.

You can tell Adamsville has power hitters in 1-5 of the lineup. The SS also launched a 3 run shot earlier in the game.

Which big man hit it over the poles for Adamsville. I saw them hit 4 HR's in a row in the district tournament against Madison.

Josh Chappell is the lefty that you are talking about. That was his 12th HR this year. By the way.....he is a Freshman. :)

The starting lineup for Adamsville includes 2 Seniors, 2 Juniors 3 Sophmores and 2 Freshman. There are 3 Sophmores that are very very good that dont get much playing time.

The Jackets were winning 9-5 going into the last inning. Our starting pitcher got tired, and he walked the first two batters, and the next guy hit a double in the gap. That's when Adamsville starting hitting him hard By the time our coach changed pitchers, it was 10-9. Not sure why he didnt bring in relief pitcher earlier. We have another very good pitcher that he finally brought in...but the score was 10-9 at that point.

This loss really hurt. The Jackets should have gone to state. But, congrats to Adamsville. They won. Bottom line.

I'm not sure that Adamsville has the pitching to go very far in the state tourney. They do have some power hitters. And, they have a good team overall. And, the boy that hit that monster homerun is just a freshman????? Wow!!!!!!

But anyway, I hope yall do well in the state tourney.

You didnt see all of our pitching. Our starter was not at his best last night. The Freshman that closed the game is a STUD. We have 2 more Sophmores that are awfully good.

We will soon find out if we have the pitching to win. One thing is FOR SURE...we have the hitting to win a game or two. :)

Well I have had the chance to watch both teams this year and last nite didn't disappoint. Greenfield really did have the game in hand and pretty much blew it. Adamsville can kill the ball as well as any team in the state I imagine. They are loaded with talent and have a good chance to make a run. Not sure what all the Union city fuss is about, Greenfield just played ball, you play to run rule everyone once the district tournament starts because if you don't then you may just lose your 4 run lead in the top of the 7th like Greenfield did last nite, seems like a bit of sore losers. Someone told me that Greenfields first base coach used to coach in Adamsville? He does a good job of getting his guys going over there, I did however think he was a player when I walked up, he looks so young!! :) Great game by both teams last nite, glad I got around to watch it, good luck at state!

from what I have heard Greenfield has a stud left handed pitcher and their bats aren't shabby either. I've seen Adamsville play a few times this year and think that they are a very good team and that they will not quit until the game is over. They have had a difficult road just to get to here and I think this may be one of the better sub state games to pay attention too

This guy can see the future. He called it.