Another Coach Leaving

katyna36

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told by her that she is returning to college to continue her PH.D in education. :) We wish her the blessing in the world:)
It is difficult to criticize anyone for doing that or trying to better themselves intellectually. It is the aspiration that all should try to do. It is a shame that Wilson County could not find a way to support her aspirations so that she might attend a school in Tennessee along with teaching and coaching at WC.

Sometimes thats not an easy thing to do. But if a school system finds teachers that go the extra mile in their profession and is good at what they do, a little encouragement is needed. Sometimes being able to influence 15 or 20 young ladies is overlooked along with the other students in the scheme of things. She seems to have done a good jpb as I remember came from around Olive Branch, Mississippi and continuing her PHD in Education is a loss to Tennessee.

We were told by her that she is returning to college to continue her PH.D in education. :) We wish her the blessing in the world:)
It is difficult to criticize anyone for doing that or trying to better themselves intellectually. It is the aspiration that all should try to do. It is a shame that Wilson County could not find a way to support her aspirations so that she might attend a school in Tennessee along with teaching and coaching at WC.

Sometimes thats not an easy thing to do. But if a school system finds teachers that go the extra mile in their profession and is good at what they do, a little encouragement is needed. Sometimes being able to influence 15 or 20 young ladies is overlooked along with the other students in the scheme of things. She seems to have done a good jpb as I remember came from around Olive Branch, Mississippi and continuing her PHD in Education is a loss to Tennessee.

There is likely more to the story.

Their is great young talent on the Lebanon squad,their future can be bright. The Lebanon administration needs to really study hard on who is going to replace her. Lebanon has a rising star who will be a sophmore next season and with some help can take this team to the next level.The new coach will have great talent to work with,but it has to be a coach that really knows the game and has big time experience at this level.

I have followed Lebanon girls basketball for a number of years. I am familiar with the great freshman thats at LHS and indeed she can help take you to the next level. I am also familiar that the last two coaches that have coached have been excellent selections after having a few years oif sub par performance. Lately its not the selection of coaches that is the problem. Who ever was in the selection process has been right on the beam. The problem seems to be providing incentive enough for good coaches with excellent communication skills to stay the course so training new teachers that coach will not have to be done so often. LHS does not need to work themselves to death finding excellent teachers only to find themselves in a position of not being able to keep them. Yes its true, this last coach was hired without a great deal of experience but she was the right person and the selection was confirmed by the job she has done. An experienced coach was not available at the time but the selection was the right one. Again its true, there is a freshman class that is special and the whole school knows it as does the community. Two years after going thru the last selection, the school is now in the same positiion. Good luck to the AD and the Administrator. Something needs to be done. The last two were good selections and another selection needs to be not only good but needs to be in a position to stay a while.

I have followed Lebanon girls basketball for a number of years. I am familiar with the great freshman thats at LHS and indeed she can help take you to the next level. I am also familiar that the last two coaches that have coached have been excellent selections after having a few years oif sub par performance. Lately its not the selection of coaches that is the problem. Who ever was in the selection process has been right on the beam. The problem seems to be providing incentive enough for good coaches with excellent communication skills to stay the course so training new teachers that coach will not have to be done so often. LHS does not need to work themselves to death finding excellent teachers only to find themselves in a position of not being able to keep them. Yes its true, this last coach was hired without a great deal of experience but she was the right person and the selection was confirmed by the job she has done. An experienced coach was not available at the time but the selection was the right one. Again its true, there is a freshman class that is special and the whole school knows it as does the community. Two years after going thru the last selection, the school is now in the same positiion. Good luck to the AD and the Administrator. Something needs to be done. The last two were good selections and another selection needs to be not only good but needs to be in a position to stay a while.

Thank you for saying this it is very true. But for the comment above about a rising star I disagree it is several rising stars together that make the team one player can't do it all and succeed. It takes a great coach and a hard working team!!!!

I certainly misposted. Your comment is what I meant. Many people know this is the case and with all of the players winding up at LHS last year, I was taken back that the coach decided toi get her PHD at this time but I guess there would be no good time for the school for her to do it. While I still believe there is another story out there, who ever made the last two selections and the will to agressively make the selections, even though one eventually wound up at Wilson, if that person or persons is still there, I would think the phone lines are busy or internally a search is being made to find the best choice. If I'm not mistaken a post on this site gave some information that someone who had a great deal of experience, wound up at LHS in a teaching assignment, last year. These posts should start a resume list rolling in to the school as trully with the players available and other players coming out of Middle School. Which brings up questions again that were brought up two years ago when this coach was hired. Wilson County schools acoaches.re extremely competitive in players coming out of Middle Schools and many times zoning was not taken into account. Coaches have had to fight for their players in one of the most fertile areas of talent in the State. At this time of the year, hope the fight didn't roll over to the coaching ranks and have some reason this coach did not think her school was getting a fair shake into the zoning battle. This has been a fierce fight in the past with kids of previous players being transferred around to previous coaches circumventing the system. The school system will have to work anything like that out even if it exists. Things will get worked out.