Ferby - is Ensworth recruting him?

nrgrizzlies

Shame on us all for ever faulting a 14 year old for making that kind of decision! Its about who can provide the BEST education, and if my child had the opportunity to attend a private school with tremendous up side I would choose that institution. Period! Regardless of athletics! Come on people! Giving your child something you never would have be able to, makes a huge difference in the decision of parents! Stop being so one minded (athletics) and start seeing the big picture! I don't think any parent would turn down that opportunity! EVER! Ensworth is a premiere high school and even they don't make in sports they still have a big advantage if they choose to go to college and do something else!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been trying to find some documentation on how good Ensworth's academics are. I can't find it anywhere. i see about all of the facilities and "things" that Ensworth has but not anything about ACT SAT scores etc.

When did public schools supposedly become so bad? Beyond academics is social skills. Are kids who go to school with other kids who drive Porsches to school really learning any social skills? How much about the "real world" would I have learned if all of my friends parents had tons of money and just did whatever they wanted without any type of real world application? Give me a public school education any day of the week. School is what you make it...not what it makes of you.

And I'm sure the Elder family's decision to choose Ensworth had nothing to do with his dad being paid to be a "bus driver" for the school. a.k.a. getting paid to take your son to school.

I've seen posts on scout.com that actually stated "They have still not reached capacity with their available class spots which means they've never turned anyone away for academic or other reasons. They also have some sort of voo doo grading system that colleges are having a tough time understanding. One thing you'll notice is they never publish their college placement record... because it's abysmal. specifically that Ensworth was not viewed impressively by college admissions departments."

If Ensworth is so concerned with academics why are they not recruiting non-athletic students who make straight A's out of Rutherford County middle schools to attend there????????

With the positive changes going on at LaVergne High School, anybody who bolts will be missing one heck of a comeback story. Don't let the door hit them in the rear on the way out of town every morning!

Ash is a dictator! That's why people are leaving! Known the little man a long time and wouldn't work for him for a million dollars! Lol! Just my opinion of course.

As for as Ensworth goes how can you blame a kid for wanting to better himself! Are you seriously comparing Lavergne to Ensworth? What planet are you on? Lol!

Ash is a dictator! That's why people are leaving! Known the little man a long time and wouldn't work for him for a million dollars! Lol! Just my opinion of course.

As for as Ensworth goes how can you blame a kid for wanting to better himself! Are you seriously comparing Lavergne to Ensworth? What planet are you on? Lol!

I KNOW!!!! And fyi, boroballer not every kid who goes to private school drives a porsche, actually the time I visited Ensworth, I saw very few kids with the car tht made you think "wow!!! a 16-18 yr old drives THAT!?!?!?!" I mean you wanna talk rich kids, plenty go to siegel. And on top of that, because you hang out with rich people you are not getting social skills? ummm are they not people just like you and I now because they have money?

Lol, way to not saying anything AGAIN when I hit you with tht info again btw @boroballer.

With THREE football players and a baseball player from the Lavergne/Smyrna area in the last few years signing with the academcially elite VANDERBILT University (including one who went to Rock Springs Middle - sound familiar?)...it looks like Rutherford County public school students are "bettering" themselves just fine and don't have to leave town to do it.

All they have to do is take honors and A.P. classes - and obviously take school seriously.

Tell me...what academic program does Ensworth have that is respected worldwide like the I B program at Oakland??? I would really like to know about it. (if it existed that is)

The north area of Rutherford County (public school student) also had a national merit finalist with a 34 ACT in the last few years...did Ensworth have one? If Ensworth is already really good in sports, that's fine...but don't pretend they are something academically they are not.

"With the positive changes going on at LaVergne High School, anybody who bolts will be missing one heck of a comeback story. Don't let the door hit them in the rear on the way out of town every morning!"

Um? Lavergne High there middle school coach. This guy stands on the sidelines with his arms crossed and doesn't say a word the entire game. Definately not a step in the right direction. And for those who are bashing ENSWORTH academics, Bowers doesn't care about the grades what he cares about is getting the kids in who are going to attract big name colleges to the school.

Wow you just said it yourself. "And for those who are bashing ENSWORTH academics, Bowers doesn't care about the grades what he cares about is getting the kids in who are going to attract big name colleges to the school."

So you can't sell the whole "come get a private school education" pitch anymore. With that being said, Ensworth's athletics are sub-par compared to the top Rutherford co. programs. So why would I want to send my kid there?

Also, you talk about attracting the big names and the kids that have gone on to the NBA or big time colleges from private schools. Who has Ensworth produced that was a big time signee? And I don't want to hear about some one on the rowing team!!!!!

I do however agree with your Lavergne High comments. Ash is an idiot. the culture of that school will drive him into the ground!!

Wow you just said it yourself. "And for those who are bashing ENSWORTH academics, Bowers doesn't care about the grades what he cares about is getting the kids in who are going to attract big name colleges to the school."

So you can't sell the whole "come get a private school education" pitch anymore. With that being said, Ensworth's athletics are sub-par compared to the top Rutherford co. programs. So why would I want to send my kid there?

Also, you talk about attracting the big names and the kids that have gone on to the NBA or big time colleges from private schools. Who has Ensworth produced that was a big time signee? And I don't want to hear about some one on the rowing team!!!!!

I do however agree with your Lavergne High comments. Ash is an idiot. the culture of that school will drive him into the ground!!

List the "TOP" Rutherford county schools and then look what has happened when they played Ensworth. You really need to check your facts.

I decided to take a look at Ensworth's schedule:

You played 5 quality oponents the ENTIRE SEASON!!!

CPA - Lost

Beech - Lost by 10

Clarksville NE - Lost by 20

Lavergne - Won (Lavergne got beat in the 1st Rd. of 7AAA tourn.)

Hillsboro - Won (Hillsboro finished 3rd an a weak District 11AAA)

Bet yall had fun beating up on the little crappy teams you played though!! Do you not think that a college coach considers the opponents a player is going against when he is evaluating them? "Man he really looked good last night playing against a bunch of 5'7 rich white kids. I bet he would be a stud in the SEC!!" What a joke. :thumb::roflol:

List the "TOP" Rutherford county schools and then look what has happened when they played Ensworth. You really need to check your facts.

You have to be joking. the only Rutherford co. team you played was Lavergne who was beat in the 1st round of the district tournament. The only other Rutherford co. team I saw you play was Siegel at the Belmont Camp and you got blown out of the gym. Maybe you should check your facts!!

I can list plenty of Rutherford co. players I would have before Corn Elder. Not bashing him but he is your best player so put him up against Rutherford co. best players.

And don't dodge the question. Who has Ensworth ever produced in a major sport? Basketball, Baseball, Football??

You have to be joking. the only Rutherford co. team you played was Lavergne who was beat in the 1st round of the district tournament. The only other Rutherford co. team I saw you play was Siegel at the Belmont Camp and you got blown out of the gym. Maybe you should check your facts!!

1, dont ever use summer ball as an example. Because if my memory serves me correct siegel got blasted by beech by like freakin 40, and ensworth lost by 10 in the regular season, sooooo shhhhhhhh. 2, they beat the living daylights out of lavergne where as teams like siegel, oakland, etc. barely nicked by them(we all know if lavergne plays riverdale 9 times out of 10 they win). 3, the CPA loss was like literally a couple days after football ended(maybe even during football, I forgot.) And finally....well, northeast is just a good team haha.