Ferby - is Ensworth recruting him?

nrgrizzlies

96 graduates = 9.4 Million Dollars in scholarships- That is a big Yeah Right! Once again Private School embellishment. They may be paying that much for school next year, but they are not getting that much in scholarship money.

We will see how Ensworth does against Rutherford County Friday night against Oakland. Might not be able to spell Pomona, wherever the heck that is, but we can spell ### whipping! Drive your Porsche on over to Patriot Drive Friday night and see how we play ball in the public schools.

Just like last year right? Oh, sorry, you lost to Ensworth last year didn't you? There might have also been another public school out that direction (can't remember their name)that lost to EHS also.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: That post may sound snobby. For that I apologize, I typed it out quickly from my Blackberry while driving my Porsche to Belle Meade Country Club. Actually, it might have been because I have no real world experience, being a graduate of EHS, and I have no clue how to communicate outside the EHS bubble.

Just saw this thread and had to laugh.

It is a little misleading though. Several of those listed are invited walkons which is NCAA-speak for summer camp blocking dummies with a minimal chance of contributing to the team.

Some others (lehigh wrestler for example) quit before the team ever had a match.

Edited by 3yardsandacloudofdust

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

EDIT: That post may sound snobby. For that I apologize, I typed it out quickly from my Blackberry while driving my Porsche to Belle Meade Country Club. Actually, it might have been because I have no real world experience, being a graduate of EHS, and I have no clue how to communicate outside the EHS bubble.

Ya think? You're just giving Rutherford and Williamson County publics more fuel to not schedule you guys.

Dane Bradshaw left one of the private schools in Memphis, I forget which one that had produced basketball scholarships for his older brother and sister to attend Memphis White Station and play the type of competition that would get him a scholarship to a big D1 program.

I don't disagree that private schools get kids scholarships and prepare them for college, but you're not going to find D1 rosters filled with private school athletes in football and basketball. You're just not. Sure, Elon, Tulane, Vandy, Ivy League schools. Memphis produces more D1 talent that the rest of the state combined.