Elizabethton Lady Cyclones

cyclones10

Is Elizabethton not playing on friday at HV so the kids can go to Alcoa for the football game?

No I dont think so as I understand that Dugger backed out of the Science Hill game weeks ago when there was no way to know Betsy would still be playing football. I will tell you why I think he backed out of playing SH-----in his mind he has nothing to gain by beating them and much to lose if he doesnt. Sparky you have a pipeline to Dugger and have been asked for weeks why he wouldnt play SH-----do ask the Man why and let us know what he says.

limestone, I don't have any insight and, even if I do gain some insight, I don't feel obligated to inform you. Why are you so interested? The subject has nothing to do with UC. Regardless, I don't follow the logic on your opinion relative to SH though. Personally, I would welcome the match-up. It should be a win-win for both. The gate would be good and it should be a very competitive non-conference game that would match what I think is two fairly even teams. It would be an opportunity for both to see where they are at this point. Why would Coach Dugger view it as having much to lose with nothing to gain? Regardless, the schedule is what it is. The match-up with Morristown West (last year's 3A state runner-up) should provide the same feedback.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did they duck Science Hill but they ducked Cloudland as well. Not going to put anyone on the spot but this is not the first time he has pulled this. I spoke with a very respectful alumni at the Happy Valley,South Greene game and I was told when the schedule was being finalized Coach Dugger was asked if he thought that there would be any conflict of playing on a Friday and he said no.

Well when told that Elizabethton would be playing both Cloudland Science Hill he was quick to the mention that it might not be a good idea,that it might cause some conflict with the school if Elizabethton was to make it to the 4th round in football.

With all due respect to the Lady Highlanders, I doubt EHS "ducked" Cloudland. There is likely more than one reason why EHS would schedule another team in place of Cloudland, but the fear of losing is likely not among them.

If I am not mistaken sparky I am pretty sure Cloudland defeated your Cyclones at Lees Mcrae a couple of years ago. So dont give me that crap about there is a reason why they wont play.

Elizabethton ducked you know it I know it and the high chief down at Happy Valley knows it. Your excuse is just a copout no matter how you look at it.

If I am not mistaken sparky I am pretty sure Cloudland defeated your Cyclones at Lees Mcrae a couple of years ago. So dont give me that crap about there is a reason why they wont play.

Elizabethton ducked you know it I know it and the high chief down at Happy Valley knows it. Your excuse is just a copout no matter how you look at it.

I have no knowledge of the defeat you mention at Lees-Mcrae. It's possible, but for sure it hasn't been in the last couple of years or anytime during the time Coach Dugger has been coaching the lady cyclones. There's no intent by me to cop out of anything. I'm sure the Lady Highlanders are a worthy opponent, but they're not on the schedule. Consequently, I suggest the Lady Cyclones concentrate on the teams they have scheduled while the Lady Highlanders should do the same.

What is the schedule for the Happy Valley tournament?

You know at least this thread has provided some comic relief!! When is anybody gonna talk about the games?

I don't post much anymore but do read the boards occasionally. Man have they changed. Now its all name calling, pot shots, chest beating and "mine is bigger than yours" mentality. The Alcoa-EHS football thread is a disgrace. Oh well signs of the times I guess.

What is the schedule for the Happy Valley tournament?

You know at least this thread has provided some comic relief!! When is anybody gonna talk about the games?

I don't post much anymore but do read the boards occasionally. Man have they changed. Now its all name calling, pot shots, chest beating and "mine is bigger than yours" mentality. The Alcoa-EHS football thread is a disgrace. Oh well signs of the times I guess.

Lady Cyclones play Morristown West on Fri @6PM and Sullivan South on Saturday @4:30PM.

Although a lot of the posts are comical, increasingly many are becoming downright nasty, distasteful and just plain wrong. Apparently, the more prevalent interpretation of the Golden Rule today is, "Do unto others before they can do unto you." Oh and one more thing. I agree with your "mine is bigger than yours" analogy, but you probably should also include, "yours is only bigger than mine because you cheat."LOL

Lady Cyclones play Morristown West on Fri @6PM and Sullivan South on Saturday @4:30PM.

Although a lot of the posts are comical, increasingly many are becoming downright nasty, distasteful and just plain wrong. Apparently, the more prevalent interpretation of the Golden Rule today is, "Do unto others before they can do unto you." Oh and one more thing. I agree with your "mine is bigger than yours" analogy, but you probably should also include, "yours is only bigger than mine because you cheat."LOL

Yes, I like the comical relief...a uc fan and a etown fan agree. ha!ha! And, yes, it should be about the girls, and the sport. May the best team win. Good luck to all. Go Blue Devils!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!