2011 Predictions

bradley08

I know its early but I have been bored. My predictions are based on returning place winners and in a few instances some of the upcoming 9th graders that will make their presence known next year. There arent too many suprises at the top but a few teams will sneak a little closer to the top with the addition of some top notch freshmen. My prediction is that my Bears will still be at the top but it will be a dog fight with up and coming Cleveland. I think Soddy will be close behind them for third making for the closest race in many years. Jumping into the upper echelon will be Blackman and Pigeon Forge due to their incoming kids and off season programs.

1)BRADLEY

2)Cleveland

3)Soddy

4)Independence

5)Blackman

6)Franklin

7)Pigeon Forge

8)Clarksville nw

9)Cookeville

10)Red Bank

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a little early because anything can happen between now and the start of wrestling season. Pretty much everyone you have up there looks like a top 10 team with the exception of Clarksville NW? Maybe Clarksville but not Northwest and if you put Clarksville in that bunch, you must put Rossview, probably the most overlooked team in the mid state this year. They did tie Clarksville for the Region championship last year and only lost 2 kids and they weren't even 2 of their better ones.

I agree with your picks. I think the top 3 teams you mention are locks. Do you have any dark horses that might surprise people and crack the top ten?

I would consider Pigeon Forge, Blackman , and Red Bank dark horses as the finished 16th, 19th and 23rd last season. I think they will suprise some people. I think the race between 1st and second will only be about a 30 point difference and Third place will only be about 30 pts behind 2nd. Then 4th-8th will be very, very tight.

It is a little early because anything can happen between now and the start of wrestling season. Pretty much everyone you have up there looks like a top 10 team with the exception of Clarksville NW? Maybe Clarksville but not Northwest and if you put Clarksville in that bunch, you must put Rossview, probably the most overlooked team in the mid state this year. They did tie Clarksville for the Region championship last year and only lost 2 kids and they weren't even 2 of their better ones.

I have to admit I dont know a whole lot about the current Clarksville teams returners other than Clarksville nw placed higher in the state and have more returning placers than Clarksville. (unlees my hurried glance through the results are wrong). As far as Rossview goes I dont know a whole lot about them either. I think they placed 28th last year and dont have many returning placers. It will be a tall order to jump into the top 10 from there but maybe they have the horsepower to do so.

I coach in this Region and know most of these teams pretty well. That doesn't mean I couldn't be totally wrong, because I may be but.....Northwest may have placed higher last year but it was only because of a few kids, Wilford, Morrison, and Donavan. Theres not much past that. Wilfords gone. Clarksville is still loaded even after losing just a few. Rossview only had a few to place but I will tell you with all certainty that Gonzalez will win the region at 103 or 112 and very possibily could win the state this year. Rossview will also take 189, 215, and Heavy in our region. No one has anything for those 3 in our region. There are 4 region champs and qualifiers right there not to mention the middle meat of their lineup which is really tough and many of those were qualifiers also. I think people will be surprised by this team this year.

I know its early but I have been bored. My predictions are based on returning place winners and in a few instances some of the upcoming 9th graders that will make their presence known next year. There arent too many suprises at the top but a few teams will sneak a little closer to the top with the addition of some top notch freshmen. My prediction is that my Bears will still be at the top but it will be a dog fight with up and coming Cleveland. I think Soddy will be close behind them for third making for the closest race in many years. Jumping into the upper echelon will be Blackman and Pigeon Forge due to their incoming kids and off season programs.

1)BRADLEY

2)Cleveland

3)Soddy

4)Independence

5)Blackman

6)Franklin

7)Pigeon Forge

8)Clarksville nw

9)Cookeville

10)Red Bank

Wow I guess Science Hill must have dropped the program this year, budget cuts!!!!!!

yes, Science Hill is one I wasnt sure about. I didnt see where they had many returning placers. Im not sure how many qualifiers they have returning and I know nothing about their feeder programs. Where do their kids come from? Do they have a lot of returning qualifiers?

Wow I guess Science Hill must have dropped the program this year, budget cuts!!!!!!

Don't worry MatCat most still have a hard time understanding that Tennessee doesn't stop at Knoxville. They always seem to have a problems looking into the sun to see what is coming out of the east. The sun will always rise and so will The Hill.