How will District 4A be this year

TheDeal05

Mallicote played MS ball at Jacksboro and he is close to Coach Reynolds at Jellico. I believe his family is originally from the Jellico area and they have moved back...

Oh alright i know who he is.. it will be interesting this year.. i say wartburg and jellico are at the top of the district, but that game will be a great one 2 watch when they play eachother

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how it will be this year:

1) Wartburg-Most talent, and the best player in Fountain.

2( Jellico-Should finish second with what sounds like a good player coming in from campbell county.

3) Oneida-Best Freshman in district will help late in season.

4) Sunbright-Solid defense and team play.

5) Coalfield-Up out of the basement, and ahead of Oakdale cause they beat them at the end of last year.

6) OS-Cause they have been too good for too long to finish last.

7) Oakdale-Because they are not deep enough.

1. sunbright-best coach and player and best team

2. jellico-good team last year and get good player from campell co

3. wartburg-no disipline and no team play

4. oliver springs-not much left from last year

5. oneida-decent team

6. oakdale-bad team

7. coalfield-always at bottom

i heard the shannons are going to harriman

5. oneida-decent team

6. oakdale-bad team

the way i see it is this

1. Wartburg... most depth and best coach and NO the Shannons are not goin 2 Harriman everyone

2. Jellico... good team coming back and adding Malicoate.. should be good

3. Oneida... will be young but those young kids will be more experienced this year

4. OZ... lost alot but a great coach and are always contenders no matter what

5. Sunbright.. Their normal spot and werent as good as they were thought 2 be last year and id love 2 know who u think is the best player in the district from sunbright?? that makes no sense

6/7. a toss up between oakdale and coalfield... Oakdale could suprise me if they stay healthy

but really who would be the best in the district from sunbright... they have good athletes but no one who would be the top in the district

Here is a list of returning players in the district that were on the all district team (regular season) in no order:

Coalfield - Honorable mentions Hill, Powers, Duncan

Jellico - H.M. Smiddy

Oakdale - 2nd team Kilby, H.M. Steinmetz and Currier

Oneida - 2nd team Wright

Oliver Springs - none, (Miller got on all tournament and region tournament team)

Sunbright - 1st team England, H.M. Langley

Wartburg - 1st team Shannon, 2nd team Goodman, H.M. Fountain

the way i see it is this

1. Wartburg... most depth and best coach and NO the Shannons are not goin 2 Harriman everyone

2. Jellico... good team coming back and adding Malicoate.. should be good

3. Oneida... will be young but those young kids will be more experienced this year

4. OZ... lost alot but a great coach and are always contenders no matter what

5. Sunbright.. Their normal spot and werent as good as they were thought 2 be last year and id love 2 know who u think is the best player in the district from sunbright?? that makes no sense

6/7. a toss up between oakdale and coalfield... Oakdale could suprise me if they stay healthy

but really who would be the best in the district from sunbright... they have good athletes but no one who would be the top in the district

[/quote

best coach is maxfild from sunbright. best player is england from sunbright. wartburg players dont play team ball thats why they cant even make it to region. hard shannon got kicked off team to.

wartburg players are a different older more experienced team than last year and Wartburg had 1 bad year... consistently Wartburg always beats sunbright and thats just how it is and coach Lane from Wartburg wins more and is clearly the best coach in the district... and England is the best athlete/player playing in sunbright but play wartburg and Fountain and Richardson will dominate down low.. Sunbright won't be able 2 run with Wartburg either.. they will be in the middle of the district jus like every year

And both Shannons are on the team.. Not in harriman or kicked off

5. oneida-decent team

6. oakdale-bad team

lol they won't go to harriman, but one of them isn't playing anymore is what I heard. Marty Maxfield is an outstanding coach, however, so is Joe layne. Layne has way more talent to work with, fountain will be division-1 signee. he plays for a AAU team that puts guys in D-1 all the time, plus the kid is unreal talent wise, and if he can keep getting better will be fine. For you to say Joe Layne doesn't have any discipline is not very accurate, he demands alot out of his kids, he got rid of one of them shannon kids,. he is a great coach

lol they won't go to harriman, but one of them isn't playing anymore is what I heard. Marty Maxfield is an outstanding coach, however, so is Joe layne. Layne has way more talent to work with, fountain will be division-1 signee. he plays for a AAU team that puts guys in D-1 all the time, plus the kid is unreal talent wise, and if he can keep getting better will be fine. For you to say Joe Layne doesn't have any discipline is not very accurate, he demands alot out of his kids, he got rid of one of them shannon kids,. he is a great coach

fountin better each his wheaties. he weighs like a buck 20. he will get pushed around by big jesse.

fountin better each his wheaties. he weighs like a buck 20. he will get pushed around by big jesse.

LOL Well England does have alot of weight, but fountain, isn't a post player, ppl around here think that if your 6'7'' your a post, in some cases, but Alex is more of a 3 or 4 guy, not a real nasty post guy, his skills are high flying and attacking ppl from different ways on the floor. lol ENGLAND is just big football kid who does some recreation basketball i think lol.

Fountain may not be as big, but he is way faster and more skilled... England is good but not the best and Wartburg has some big guys that are jus as good as England. Wartburg is also very deep and will stay fresh.... hope anyone can handle a god press all 4 quarters if they want 2 beat the bulldogs this year