Franklin Co Coaching Changes

binns37388

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had heard from a fairly reliable source that Ricky Morris would not be coaching the Rebels next Spring? Does anyone in Franklin Co know if this is true? I haven't talked with Ricky or Stanley Bean, so I really don't know if the rumor is true or false.

Consider it true. He said after this summer he's done.

I had heard from a fairly reliable source that Ricky Morris would not be coaching the Rebels next Spring? Does anyone in Franklin Co know if this is true? I haven't talked with Ricky or Stanley Bean, so I really don't know if the rumor is true or false.

Will the Rat help out?

Will the Rat help out?

Don't know of anyboby that will be helping out next year.

So rumor has it that Coach Morris will not be back next year. Everybody is talking and wondering why? Well, I heard through a reliable source that it was not because of the superintendent or any breaking the rules. If coach morris had broken any rules, he would not be coaching. Okay that is just common sense people. The source tells us he is not coming back due to his own personal reasonings and that needs to be left alone. He is one man that deserves the RESPECT in Franklin Co., or any county of that matter. Coach morris is a man of caliber for the heart, soul, and passion for the game of baseball. No, Morris is no Joe Torri but many of his past dedicated players will tell you that he will see you through. Could it just be the person that is spreading the rumors, could just be jealous or just didn't get their way? Who knows?

The new superintendent has made it a rule that a coach can't coach family members. Since Ricky has two grandson's on the team, he is done. Plus they violated several rules in the off season and Ricky was reportedly to blame.

Seriously, are you the superintendent? If that was the case then he wouldn't had been able to coach this year and if he violated the rules, TSSAA would not had let him coach PERIOD! "THEY" is not one man. If you really know coach morris then you would know that he has too much pride for the game of baseball to cheat. And yes he does have grandsons' on the team...4...not 2 so that shows you have no clue what your talking about. Who is your source anyways?

The new superintendent has made it a rule that a coach can't coach family members. Since Ricky has two grandson's on the team, he is done. Plus they violated several rules in the off season and Ricky was reportedly to blame.

Seriously, are you the superintendent? If that was the case then he wouldn't had been able to coach this year and if he violated the rules, TSSAA would not had let him coach PERIOD! "THEY" is not one man. If you really know coach morris then you would know that he has too much pride for the game of baseball to cheat. And yes he does have grandsons' on the team...4...not 2 so that shows you have no clue what your talking about. Who is your source anyways?

Well I am with Huckleberry on this one... Dang, I mean give the man some props! Through a trusting source, yankeepride was told that all his childen are athletic...his boys either played college level or professional level and the girls, well I heard they were all heck of softball players. So that must say something about the man, Right?

His reason for not returning is by his personal choice and should be left at that.

From all the rumors, sounds like the people don't want him their.I heard that the man needed a Job thats why he not coming back, and are we for sure that he is not coming back, has he told them he was not for sure? can you not blame him.

Jealous? Didn't get what they wanted? Really? There is nothing to be jealous about. Didn't break the rules? There is a such thing as a dead period in high school sports in this state. There is to be NO contact with ANY of the players during that time. When he and several players with their bags walk into the indoor facility during this dead period I am sure there was absolutely NO contact between he and those players. When the kids are talking about it in the community, I am sure they are just making it up. When you bring in a volunteer to work on hitting and when those sessions are over, you get him certified through the TSSAA to be a volunteer coach, that's really not breaking the rules. It is just a great way by a great man(?), to teach our kids great ethics. I also heard he threw the previous coach under the bus to get what he wanted. That's also a great thing to teach our kids- if you can't get what you want, just lie, cheat and steal until you do get it. I haven't heard the confirmation, but I am glad to see him go.

Jealous? Didn't get what they wanted? Really? There is nothing to be jealous about. Didn't break the rules? There is a such thing as a dead period in high school sports in this state. There is to be NO contact with ANY of the players during that time. When he and several players with their bags walk into the indoor facility during this dead period I am sure there was absolutely NO contact between he and those players. When the kids are talking about it in the community, I am sure they are just making it up. When you bring in a volunteer to work on hitting and when those sessions are over, you get him certified through the TSSAA to be a volunteer coach, that's really not breaking the rules. It is just a great way by a great man(?), to teach our kids great ethics. I also heard he threw the previous coach under the bus to get what he wanted. That's also a great thing to teach our kids- if you can't get what you want, just lie, cheat and steal until you do get it. I haven't heard the confirmation, but I am glad to see him go.

Lot of bold statements made. So either we can assume that you must have had really good inside source or you had a very large distain for coach Morris. Either way, all you have to do is look on this site and see all the coaching changes that seem to be occurring around the state. From what I read you could take your statements (all from reliable sources) and plug the into about any of the discussion dealing with the coaching change and make them fit there too. All too often it take just a few individuals, like yourself who are very good at spreading rumors as fact, and you can effectly run any coach out of town. He has decided not to coach at Franklin County any longer...period. I sure you already have someone in mind who can replace him or you wouldn't be stirring the pot. However, coach Morris, for all his sins against the kids, parents, family, friends, alumni, backers and Franklin Co. officals that he's has been accused of, still knows more baseball on his little finger than most of us combined. I just think that too many at FC didn't buy into the program and he felt no need to "swim against the current".