AC Mavs 2010 Season

Space3

How do you think AC does this year???

I think AC will be tough...who all did they lose on defense? Have you heard anything about the Powell kid coming to AC...incoming freshman?

Dont think he is comming!!!! But any good QB would want to play in AC offense. Do you agree?

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice article in Clinton Courier today about AC quarterback Tanner Williams getting interest from UT after attending their summer camp for high school athletes. The article states that he threw well and got a positive response from the coaches. Very level headed speak on his part knowing that it means very little and that he will have to continue to improve his package in all areas. His arm strength and size will no doubt be points of interest by major college coaches, but his attitude appears to be solid. Hopefully he has one more growth spurt to go. It is, as well, comforting to know he has Justin Price behind him to help develop as much as is attainable. Great outlook for Williams and AC.

The Courier stated that he is 6'1". One player that I know of, is for a fact 6'1" (with shoes on). He told me that Tanner is eye level to him, if not slightly taller. It won't be surprising to me if he gets that late growth spurt between now and his graduation that could take him to 6'2" or more.

The kid is probably OK. There are hords of great D-1 and D1AA college quarterbacks that have played at that height. Many even shorter. You almost wonder of arm strength may be the more important factor. I heard it said that Chad Pennington has never had that big arm, but always the most catchable/well-placed ball.

Sorry guys, but Darion Stone for Clinton last season was a much better QB that Tanner, same questions about his size and height were a concern, Stone goes to Tech. Tenessee would not have any interest in a QB of that skill level. D1 maybe, D2 most likely. Arm is average, speed is terrible, accuracy is good. Those dont sound like D1 skills to me! Great high school QB in a great system that is a fact, but lets not go overboard with the overall talent level of this kid. Caleb Slover rings a bell, former AC star with a way better arm and was 6'4, D2 is were he went.

Sorry guys, but Darion Stone for Clinton last season was a much better QB that Tanner, same questions about his size and height were a concern, Stone goes to Tech. Tenessee would not have any interest in a QB of that skill level. D1 maybe, D2 most likely. Arm is average, speed is terrible, accuracy is good. Those dont sound like D1 skills to me! Great high school QB in a great system that is a fact, but lets not go overboard with the overall talent level of this kid. Caleb Slover rings a bell, former AC star with a way better arm and was 6'4, D2 is were he went.

What do you base that on???? He might go to T tech and Stone to WR. Im not saying he is going to big time school but schools like T- Tech will get him. Good luck this year!!!!!