Tom Insell new coach at Franklin co.

Congrats to all the Tennessee girls! Oh wait...

Let me help you out.....Congrats to: Taylor Reece (Brentwood Academy), Shanice Cason (Siegel), Caya Williams (Mt. Juliet), Isabell Harrison (Hillsboro), McKenzie Sells (Livingston Aca), Whitney Kyle (Jefferson County), Marjorie Butler (Knoxville Webb), Shacobia Barbee (Riverdale0, and also Kalena Lewis (CA), Ariel Massengel (IL), Rebecca Greenwell (KY).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me help you out.....Congrats to: Taylor Reece (Brentwood Academy), Shanice Cason (Siegel), Caya Williams (Mt. Juliet), Isabell Harrison (Hillsboro), McKenzie Sells (Livingston Aca), Whitney Kyle (Jefferson County), Marjorie Butler (Knoxville Webb), Shacobia Barbee (Riverdale0, and also Kalena Lewis (CA), Ariel Massengel (IL), Rebecca Greenwell (KY).

I read articles from three different states. The ONLY names mentioned were Lewis, Massengel, and Greenwell. Maybe the team should just be the Flight.

One of those out of staters is ranked first or second in the nation in her class, depending on which service you look at. The Tennessee girls are all great players clearly, from what I know all should be mid-major to high-major Division I prospects but when there's a player like that on the team they all are overshadowed. Regardless they're getting great looks which should be a goal.

I have to ask-what is the point of getting a group of players from around the country, even when most are from in-state?

Edited by Indian

One of those out of staters is ranked first or second in the nation in her class, depending on which service you look at. The Tennessee girls are all great players clearly, from what I know all should be mid-major to high-major Division I prospects but when there's a player like that on the team they all are overshadowed. Regardless they're getting great looks which should be a goal.

I have to ask-what is the point of getting a group of players from around the country, even when most are from in-state?

It is quite interesting. The father of Lewis (CA) said they looked at several programs across the country before deciding to offer Flight her skills. Kalena has committed to UCONN. Ariel Massengel, ranked as high as number 3 in her class has ties to the Mid-TN area. Her father is a native of Shelbyville and said it was an easy connection to such a strong program (2 Nike National Champioships of the past 3). The really interesting part is that these two outstanding players were not with the team for the major part of the summer. They were both competing with the 17u USA National Team in France. While gone this group of TN girls went undefeated winning tournaments in Dallas TX, Lexington KY, Murfreesboro TN, and Nashville TN. Against some of the same teams they competed against in the Nike Natinals.

It is quite interesting. The father of Lewis (CA) said they looked at several programs across the country before deciding to offer Flight her skills. Kalena has committed to UCONN. Ariel Massengel, ranked as high as number 3 in her class has ties to the Mid-TN area. Her father is a native of Shelbyville and said it was an easy connection to such a strong program (2 Nike National Champioships of the past 3). The really interesting part is that these two outstanding players were not with the team for the major part of the summer. They were both competing with the 17u USA National Team in France. While gone this group of TN girls went undefeated winning tournaments in Dallas TX, Lexington KY, Murfreesboro TN, and Nashville TN. Against some of the same teams they competed against in the Nike Natinals.

Becca Greenwell, from Owensboro, KY has played AAU basketball with Tennessee Elite the past four or five years. Her older sister Rachel, started playing for Elite and Becca followed. The last two years, Becca has played both with Tennessee Elite in AAU events and with Tennessee Flight in Nike events.

I think every Tennessee girl that plays on Elite and Flight think highly of Becca. It's been a good thing all around.

Edited by wbbwatcher