Mt Pleasant fooiball

rebelboy121

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is MpT only fielding 24 players? What happened? I read that there were problems in the school admin. What's up with that also?

I didn't count them the other night but there are definitely more than 24 players. Mt. Pleasant got caught in the "Race to the Top" net. We were fine under "No Child Left Behind" but fell short in some areas with the new education incentive. The Maury Co BOE was offered several solutions to help fix the problem and chose the one that eliminated the principal and assistant principal. Everything seems to be rocking along just fine under the new admin.

I think she is right this time!! Not sure if the temperature will allow them to have the scrimmage at that time or not.

:thumb: Right on.... Got the same time frame from the main source itself. Though like you said, that time is tentative and heavily relies on the weather itself..... so I guess we just have to stay tuned and see on time for sure. I would definitely myself like to see it start late evening around 7:00 or so..... Would just be best for all involved to be in slightly cooler temps.

Why is MpT only fielding 24 players? What happened? I read that there were problems in the school admin. What's up with that also?

Tigersfan answered your question best on the administration part. As far as why a big drop (more than 24 but not the 70-80 that was) in players on the team, who knows??? I've heard nothing other than rumors and speculation, and we both know that a lot of times both of those just lead to trouble if they're not true........

Yeah 3-2 MTCS.

MTC scored on first play on 70 yard run.

MTP drove the ball almost every time.

MTC also had a 80 yard TD run.

Was impressed with the stop MTCS made, then drove down for the winning score. MTCS was without a couple guys up front, but looked better today than they did at Cornersville. The RB's will be special.

MTP has a good looking QB. The RB was giving trouble to the MTC defense as well, breaking EVERY arm tackle.

I think both teams should be in the playoffs.

Yeah 3-2 MTCS.

Was impressed with the stop MTCS made, then drove down for the winning score. MTCS was without a couple guys up front, but looked better today than they did at Cornersville. The RB's will be special.

MTP has a good looking QB. The RB was giving trouble to the MTC defense as well, breaking EVERY arm tackle.

Yeah 3-2 MTCS.

Yeah 3-2 MTCS.

MTC has a very fine looking RB... He will put up yards & score some TD's for the Cougars....

QB for mTp is just a sophomore and he will be around for a few more years... Like the coaches told the mTp RB, cut the ball up field and try not to out run everyone to the corner... mTp was without a OL & DL.... DL was the preseason all midstate player...

mTp will be in action Friday night at the Columbia Jamboree playing Friendship Christian...

• 2 weeks later...