Qualifier draw 6/25/10 chattown?

If that was supposed to be a slam against the FURY organization let me just say we have no complaints and we are glad to be part, BUT If Kirk Lewis was coaching for any other team with any other name we would be there.

First of all let me be P.C., there are some good teams coming to Warner Park so FURY96 might not even be a factor.

FURY96 is playing in the qualifier this weekend because they have been traveling all year long and frankly are a little wore out from traveling. The ladies were supposed to play in Gallatin but the competition was just not there. They are not going to play in 16's anymore this year being so close to NATIONALS.

We are not the first team to play in a qualifier after qualifying. We are not trying to make enemies just trying to play good competition close to home this week. Noone else has has come close to the FURY96 travel schedule this year. We have stayed out of the way of the local teams for most of the year playing mainly 16U when close to home so I hope everyone understands.

If the young ladies are tired why not organize a friendly or take a week off? There is still TN State ASA coming up. It is going to be tough on Valley Thunder who missed a berth by the skin of their teeth last week to have to play Mizuno who does not seem to have interest in going to Moline, and, if winning that, then play the best team in the southeast who already has a berth...it is what it is I suppose.... :popcorneater:

I said tired of travel, not tired, and I think it was the coaches more than the girls. lol Anyway, good luck to Valley Thunder and all the rest of the teams.

Those teams who qualify and continue to play in qualifiers have absolutely no integrity for other teams trying to get a berth, but i am a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around", and i don't even have a dog in this fight.

I said tired of travel, not tired, and I think it was the coaches more than the girls. lol Anyway, good luck to Valley Thunder and all the rest of the teams.

Those teams who qualify and continue to play in qualifiers have absolutely no integrity for other teams trying to get a berth, but i am a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around", and i don't even have a dog in this fight.

Guess this is where i respond.... First off i don't hide behind some other name everyone knows who i am when i post, maybe the rest of you should do the same. I realize it isnt a popular decision to play in a qualifier when already qualified but we certainly aren't the first team to do that. Not to mention Mizuno and Tornados dont want the berth if they win. We are playing this week because i had planned to take off next weekend from the beginning of the year to watch my son play in his world series and we cant take two weeks off. This was the best competition for our girls so it was our best option. Sorry if you guys are offended but my first obligation is to my team and getting them ready for nationals. As far as integrity for other teams, not sure what that is about but if you can't beat a 96 team in Chattanooga then your chances in Illinois are slim. As far as what comes around goes around thats a nice theory but we have never backed down from competition and would gladly welcome the best teams in any tournament, qualifier or not. We want to EARN our spot in nationals and if we don't then we will do something different. Dont worry about us just beat us and if we do happen to win it then beat everyone else and get 2nd and you will still get your berth. The only way to prepare for Nationals is see the best possible pitching you can every week. They do that in California every week, we see it three or four times a year and that is the difference in the west coast and the east. They want the competition and we run from it. Personally, i could care less about getting a berth and then getting 50th place in Nationals and that is exactly what will happen to most Tennessee teams because they dodge the competition. Sorry if we offended anyone but we are doing what is best for our team this week. Good luck to everyone.

I agree with Fury 96. They don't have to play, but if it is in his players' best interest to play so be it.

This comes up every year in every age group and it always sorts itself out. If a team has to get a berth only because other teams are not playing then they probably do not deserve the berth anyway. Keep winning and you can get the berth. Like any other tournament, win early and often.

If the young ladies are tired why not organize a friendly or take a week off? There is still TN State ASA coming up. It is going to be tough on Valley Thunder who missed a berth by the skin of their teeth last week to have to play Mizuno who does not seem to have interest in going to Moline, and, if winning that, then play the best team in the southeast who already has a berth...it is what it is I suppose.... :thumb:

Last week in South Carolina we started off with their State Champions who had qualified already and beat them. Whatever happens in this tournament to us will not be Fury 96 or Muzunos fault. They are good teams and should play any tournament they want. Good luck to all