DISTRICT 11-AA IN 2010

howdoitknow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did everybody fare yesterday? I know that Cheatham got some good work accomplished against Hickman County.

How did Waverly Central look against Adamsville? How did Harpeth look against Nashville Christian? How did Creek Wood look against Marshall County?

Also anyone with any updates on Stewart County and Camden Central feel free to share them and keep us informed.

Montgomery Central did not have a scrimmage this week. They go with Clarksville-Northeast next week. Stewart County goes with White House-Heritage, Harpeth goes with East Literature, & Cheatham goes with Fairview.

SEASON IS JUST 3 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!

I heard that Cheatham was running a lot of Shotgun and going 2 by 2 and 3 by 1 and running a lot of zone read type stuff. It is very similar to what Sycamore has done offensively for the last several years.

Ye they run a lot of 2and 3 wide! When we were at practice last week they usually always had 1 back,in shotgun formation! Throw a lot of slants, looked good!

Well the secret is out that Cheatham is now running the "Tony Franklin" Offense. I also saw where Montgomry Central has gone to the "Wing-T" Offense. Hope everyone else is having a good preseason. I know that during the first week:

Harpeth scrimmaged Nashville Christian

Stewart County scrimmaged Northwest

Cheatham County scrimmaged Hickman County

Creek Wood scrimmaged Marshall County

Waverly Central scrimmaged Adamsville

Montgomery Central did not scrimmage anyone

I also know that this week:

Harpeth scrimmages East Literature

Stewart County scrimmages White House-Heritage

Cheatham County scrimmages Fairview

Montgomery Central scrimmages Northeast

Hope that everyone is enjoying a relatively save fall with no "major" injuries (as I am sure every team has the small bumps & bruises that come along during the practices of fall camps).

• 4 weeks later...

WELL AFTER CHEATHAMS WIN TONIGHT OVER EAST ROBERTSON, 47 TO 6, I GUESS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE STANDS LAST YEAR WAS SAYING WAS RIGHT. "LAST YEARS LOUSEY SEASON IS ON THE COACH". OTHER THAN 3 SENIORS THAT GRADUATED AND AND A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THAT CAME IN, MOST OF THIS WINNING TEAM WAS SITTING ON THE BENCH LAST YEAR! YES THEY WERE FRESHMAN LAST YEAR, BUT THE PLAYERS THE COACH TRIED TO WIN WITH HAD NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE EITHER, AND ALOT OF THEM ARE NO LONGER EVEN PLAYING. BOTTOM LINE IS CHEATHAM COULD HAVE STARTED THOSE FRESHMAN, WHICH HAVE BEEN PLAYING TOGETHER SINCE JR. PRO, BUT CHOSE TO PLAY A BUNCH OF KIDS THAT DID'NT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL. I GUESS COACH DID LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES, HES STARTING A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THIS YEAR, AS HE SHOULD. GOING TO BE A GOOD YEAR!

WELL AFTER CHEATHAMS WIN TONIGHT OVER EAST ROBERTSON, 47 TO 6, I GUESS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE STANDS LAST YEAR WAS SAYING WAS RIGHT. "LAST YEARS LOUSEY SEASON IS ON THE COACH". OTHER THAN 3 SENIORS THAT GRADUATED AND AND A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THAT CAME IN, MOST OF THIS WINNING TEAM WAS SITTING ON THE BENCH LAST YEAR! YES THEY WERE FRESHMAN LAST YEAR, BUT THE PLAYERS THE COACH TRIED TO WIN WITH HAD NO HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE EITHER, AND ALOT OF THEM ARE NO LONGER EVEN PLAYING. BOTTOM LINE IS CHEATHAM COULD HAVE STARTED THOSE FRESHMAN, WHICH HAVE BEEN PLAYING TOGETHER SINCE JR. PRO, BUT CHOSE TO PLAY A BUNCH OF KIDS THAT DID'NT EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL. I GUESS COACH DID LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKES, HES STARTING A COUPLE OF FRESHMAN THIS YEAR, AS HE SHOULD. GOING TO BE A GOOD YEAR!

Well first off the final score was 48-6 not "47-6" and secondly if you want to use the short version of the phrase DID NOT then please get it correct because it is didn't and not "did'nt". Thirdly I would like to add that the word lousy is not spelled "lousey". There is no letter "e" in the word. Finally if you want to use the word freshmen to state the entire group of players in that first year class then spell it freshmen with an "e". The word "freshman" with an "a" means one person.

Coach Finley did not make any mistakes last year. He was put in a tough situation and had some older guys with some playing experience who just did not quite pan out. #23 on last year's squad started the previous season I can assure you. #53 on last year's squad also started the previous season. #78 on last year's squad also started the previous season. #15 on last year's squad saw some action the previous season in spurts. The same was true for #12, #77, #7, & #21. Those guys were not just favorites of the coaching staff who got to play because "they weren't freshmen".

I feel that it would have been a major mistake to have played those freshmen from the opening game last season as an entire group. Some of them just were not ready to safely participate on the varsity level. With that having been said though I can assure you that many of the freshmen were starting early in the season. Others did not see action until later in the season when the hopes for the playoffs were gone (after the loss at Harpeth).

Josh Weaks started in his opening game

Devin Conner saw time in the first game and started his second game

Mitchell Potts stared in his opening game

Kevin Eslick started in his fourth game

Manning Glaus started in his fifth game

Scottie Gaines started in his fifth game

All of these guys were starting by the end of the first half of the regular season last year. How you believe that this constitutes that they did not play until late in the year and that this is a mistake on the coaching staff's part simply amazes me.

Also you can't see last night's product and relate it to last year at all. I'm sorry but that is just stupid! Those guys are much bigger, much stronger, much faster, and much more experienced at this point in 2010 compared to where they were at this point in 2009. It's insane to compare a second year varsity high school football player to a first year varsity high school football player. In most cases, such as this one, the difference is truly night and day!

Congrats to Coach Finley, the Cubs coaching staff, and the members of the 2010 Cubs football team on a tremendous effort last night. Things get much BIGGER now that we're set to begin District 11-AA play this upcoming week.

Knew that was coming, with the all caps and all. Knew catfish would jump all over that.

Points well taken. Freshmen can't go through spring or summer workouts until school starts. They are typically physically not ready and they have 3 or 4 weeks to get themselves mentally ready. I don't think Cheatham's record for last year changes if they go the freshmen early route. It rarely does. They need the year in the weight room and learning the playbook. The results of THAT are what you are seeing as some of the sophomores step into roles with more P.T.