District 4 outlook

GoVols21

How are the teams in district 4 shaping up? Who are the projected teams to make the playoffs from the district? Who are the top players in the district? Who are some of the newcomers to watch? Looking forward to input from the board.

How do you see the teams finishing out of Coalfield, Jellico, Oakdale, Oliver Springs, Oneida, Sunbright, and Wartburg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the teams in district 4 shaping up? Who are the projected teams to make the playoffs from the district? Who are the top players in the district? Who are some of the newcomers to watch? Looking forward to input from the board.

How do you see the teams finishing out of Coalfield, Jellico, Oakdale, Oliver Springs, Oneida, Sunbright, and Wartburg

Oneida will tear this district up. :thumb: They may be in championship contention this season along with McKenzie. The only other team I know a little about is Coalfield. But that was when we played them back in 1990.

I see that district shaking out as: 1. Oneida (easily), 2. Oliver Springs,3. Wartburg, 4. Sunbright, 5. Coalfield, 6. Jellico, & 7. Oakdale. As for players : Sunbrights QB has potential but unfortunately no one to throw to & no one to keep the heat off of him. Hope he can throw on the run, Oliver Springs has a pretty good back that will give some problems to average defenses, Oneida has several weapons but the two biggest that come to mind are the big tight end / D-end & the Woodard kid at wing / safety, Wartburg had a pretty good receiver last year but I'm not sure if he's gone or not, he just didn't have any one to throw to him, maybe he should transfer to Sunbright :roflolk:

I see that district shaking out as: 1. Oneida (easily), 2. Oliver Springs,3. Wartburg, 4. Sunbright, 5. Coalfield, 6. Jellico, & 7. Oakdale. As for players : Sunbrights QB has potential but unfortunately no one to throw to & no one to keep the heat off of him. Hope he can throw on the run, Oliver Springs has a pretty good back that will give some problems to average defenses, Oneida has several weapons but the two biggest that come to mind are the big tight end / D-end & the Woodard kid at wing / safety, Wartburg had a pretty good receiver last year but I'm not sure if he's gone or not, he just didn't have any one to throw to him, maybe he should transfer to Sunbright :roflolk:

1. Sunbright

2. O-10neida

3. O-10liver Springs

4. Smellico

5. Fartburg

6. Chokefield

7. Jokedale

1. Sunbright

2. O-10neida

3. O-10liver Springs

4. Smellico

5. Fartburg

6. Chokefield

7. Jokedale

You must be crazy! Sunbright will be lucky to beat 3 of the other 6 in their district. Tell you what, you let me know if your interested in meeting at the Oneida or the Oliver Springs games & we'll make it interesting. If the money's right it would be worth a couple hour drive to make some EASY $$$$$ . . . & watch you eat your crow sandwich :hungry:

Edited by downanddistance

I hope TCstinger is right! Oneida will have several good players to watch like Jarret Lay or Dirty at LB BUT the Indians will need a few youngsters to step up. Luckily, Oneida has a tremendous group of underclassmen to draw from. Keep working hard boys! It's gonna be a fun year!

Oliver Springs will be better this year. Their junior class is pretty tuff. Coalfield will be much better too. In fact, Coalfield should be making some waves in 1A over the next few years. Not sure about the rest of the teams.

Top players is Jessie England, Timmy Turner, Oggie Webb, Isack Huling. We suposed to scrimmage at Grundy Friday. We look good.

Top players in the district? You have to be kidding. The England kid is an athlete, I'll give him that, but he's not top tier material. Don't know if he is even top 20 material in the district. There's no way your list is accurate to anyone but you. On another note, have you given any thought to my earlier offer to "make it interesting" on a couple of your games this year? Or are you all talk?