Culleoka

thenomad

With more and more people believing that Slatten is headed to Moore Co., where does Culleoka go from here? Any candidates in the mix? Anyone willing to leave a current job and take over? I believe this is a talented team just not much experience. They lost three players. I'd love to hear from all those Culleoka fanatics who always flood the message boards when on top.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official. Bruce Slatten is the Girls Head Coach at Moore County. I would think the job would be posted very very soon. I believe there will be several big names that might apply for this job. Culleoka is a very attracted job for the simple facts that many kids in Columbia like going there out of zone to play basketball. Alot of kids know their playing time at Central would be limited or the simple fact they don't want to play for Coach Murrell. A name I will throw out there is Casey Holt. Former Culleoka All-State player and North Alabama All-American. Last season he coached at Columbia with Coach Murrell and I believe has was supposed to help Slatton this year if he had stayed. It should be interesting. Stay tuned!

I don't believe any students from outside of the Culleoka zone play. With that said, I have heard many people bounce Holt's name around. He was a stand out player for Murrell. It will be interesting to see how they post the job or if they go within the school. Adkisson has been there for the past few seasons coaching JV so he knows the kids, the system, and it wouldn't be difficult to pick up some of the pieces. Also Miller is there. But who knows if they'd go to him after he coached the girls.

Where are all the Culleoka people who are always braggin how good their team is? I have a hard time believing no one knows what is going on with the new coach. No speculation? No rumors? Everyone on here scooped the girls' job being open before the coach, the players,and the administration. What tail is wagging this dog? Obviously there is no confidence in the past assistants. Who's got some information?

Where are all the Culleoka people who are always braggin how good their team is? I have a hard time believing no one knows what is going on with the new coach. No speculation? No rumors? Everyone on here scooped the girls' job being open before the coach, the players,and the administration. What tail is wagging this dog? Obviously there is no confidence in the past assistants. Who's got some information?

thenomad, aren't the same people who hired Coach Murrell, who just led Columbia Central to the state, and Coach Slatten, who lead Culleoka to the state (with the help of DeMario Williams of course) the same people who will be hiring Culleoka's new coach?

Based on this past history, and the job posting reportedly ending today, I would expect the principal(s) will have some good names, and probably even have a favorite. Really you would need to ask them. We'll know something soon enough.

I wouldn't get impatient. Many people are or will be affected by whatever will happen, so mum's the word, I guess. But based on past history, given the level of talent that is there year after year, they will get a pretty good coach. We will just have to wait to find out who it is.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Slatten was good for those kids and I will miss what his defense brought to the table every night. That was the signature of his teams there. There were nights that it was interesting to see if the other team would score.

Edited by attila