Pageman Will Make Record Setting Appearances

PHargis

Despite an old volleyball injury, pageman will again, on a limited basis, give the scores of the Page High School and Brentwood High School Tournaments again this year. The efforts of the "Stat Man" has been paramoun t to the success of providing fans all over the State with scores and information thru the past number of years. He again will be asking for your help with the numbers. The rest of us will "try to get the help of fans" thru the state for the rest of the Tournaments we know about. If your school has a Tournament and it has not been posted on the Tournament Site, its likely no one has sent in a schedule with it on it. Thats all right with me but its all right with the "Main Man" and others who are trying to keep the schedules and scores to date.

Just post the Tournament or playday or teamcamp on here and we will try to get the list up to date. Some have said the information really is not needed. Just as soon as we don't put in on T, the most up to date accumulated site for Volleyball in Tennessee, those emails start coming in. It can only be done with your help. It takes a number of volunteers every tournament. If you see tghe Tournament showing up. dop as you have done in the past. Post that you would help at a certain time and send in those schedules and scores. I cannot tell you how many have helped in the Chattanooga area. The fans at the KIL have been outstanding. Between the Commeercial Appeal and the fans in Memphis, we have been able to provide information. And it goes on and on. Don't worry, I'll remind you again. This will be a hard year for traveling and we may need some extra stat people to get the information but just look on this site and tell the fans all over the state whats happening.

Thanks again.

Despite an old volleyball injury, pageman will again, on a limited basis, give the scores of the Page High School and Brentwood High School Tournaments again this year.

Just to set the record straight, my ankle problem is related to my diabetic condition and not from playing volleyball. I will try to provide scores and reports from the tournaments that Page is involved in as well as the Brentwood Tournament if possible. As far as pre-season events, I will do the best I can to provide reports, but don't expect as much as in the past. I will probably only cover volleyball for two more years due to my health unless some miracle happens.

PM, I appreciate your candor and hope you did not take anything from my recognition of you for what you have done for Tennessee

Volleyball and Page High School Athletics over the past number of years. Your interest has meant a significant amount to its success during that time. You are easily the most recognizable person each year in the sport for your meticulous stats, your demeanor and your love for the school and its players. Many know you have not been in good health but they also know of your unending connection with Page High School. Its hoped that you will continue doing what you want to do in that regard. Keep "Setin' it up" for the Sport and Page High School.

Edited by PHargis

I'm sure he will appreciate the help from all of the coachters. I've missed his reports!

On a personal note, Pageman, I hope you are feeling better. I certainly miss sitting with you in the bleachers!! Missed you at the baseball games, too! My son graduated last year as a pitch-only pitcher. He did ok for himself. He's going off to college and not going to continue playing. Yours was the "voice of Page Baseball" and you were missed by all!

Edited by Cowboys Up

Thanks for the comments by PHargis, Cowboys Up, and score3. I do miss doing baseball and talking with the parents about their sons' play, but it go to a point where I couldn't continue doing baseball. The same thing happened when I did boys' and girls' basketball. I decided I could only do one sport so volleyball won since they get so little press coverage in general. The volleyball team has been successful over the years I have covered them, so I have tried to promote their good play as best I can.

Thanks for the comments by PHargis, Cowboys Up, and score3. I do miss doing baseball and talking with the parents about their sons' play, but it go to a point where I couldn't continue doing baseball. The same thing happened when I did boys' and girls' basketball. I decided I could only do one sport so volleyball won since they get so little press coverage in general. The volleyball team has been successful over the years I have covered them, so I have tried to promote their good play as best I can.

I was wondering how Pageman was doing. Hang in there! Next spring come get your baseball fix at the Warrior Spring Classic. Just come and sit up in the press box on the big couch!

Thanks, David. I always had a good time at the Warrior Spring Classic and enjoyed your music and other inserts between innings and when players came to bat. I will try to make it this spring as it really showcases some great baseball talent. I'll just watch from ground level however as climbing stairs is really had for me now. Keep up your good work in promoting sports.

Announcements