Oak Ridge

All of it??? If you disagree that Blade had much more talent at Hillsboro that they had at Maryville, then you don't know football. All of it??? I said Blade was a good coach...do you disagree with THAT? I said Stevens was a bad fit at OR...do you disagree with THAT? I said Stevens won a title at AE...do you disagree with THAT? I said Blade won a title at Hillsboro...do you disagree with THAT? I said that Stevens took OR to a title game and Blade has not...do you disagree with THAT? You disagree with ALL of it??? That's not interesting at all...it is both amazing and absurd! Yes and no to your questions.

I guess I don't know football.... You can teach us all.. Boys club style....

Ok...

Blade at Hillsboro having more talent than Maryville- I will promise you this ...Maryville has taken out many teams with more talent than they had ... Blade adjusted well

against them. If you are saying otherwise... .good luck with that!

You said Blade is a good coach.. I disagree- Blade is a great coach If you are questioning that, you should at least come to the games because he made something out not much last year..It takes a great coach to develop players the way he did .....

He got the most (at least 100%) out of what he had.. That is a great coach... not a good one. He may not win a game this year.. But I bet he gets all they can give....

From what I saw in the last scrimmage ...he has his work cut out for him.

You said Stevens was a bad fit at Oak Ridge.. I disagree.. Stevens is a bad fit anywhere because of the character issues...again....just my opinion.

.. If you don't like it take it with the Boys club board...

BTW: Did you come through the Boys club? Was your Dad a coach? ..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I don't know football.... You can teach us all.. Boys club style....

Ok...

Blade at Hillsboro having more talent than Maryville- I will promise you this ...Maryville has taken out many teams with more talent than they had ... Blade adjusted well

against them. If you are saying otherwise... .good luck with that!

You said Blade is a good coach.. I disagree- Blade is a great coach If you are questioning that, you should at least come to the games because he made something out not much last year..It takes a great coach to develop players the way he did .....

He got the most (at least 100%) out of what he had.. That is a great coach... not a good one. He may not win a game this year.. But I bet he gets all they can give....

From what I saw in the last scrimmage ...he has his work cut out for him.

You said Stevens was a bad fit at Oak Ridge.. I disagree.. Stevens is a bad fit anywhere because of the character issues...again....just my opinion.

.. If you don't like it take it with the Boys club board...

BTW: Did you come through the Boys club? Was your Dad a coach? ..

We finally agree...you do NOT know football. I am not talking about what Maryville did...I am talking about the fact that Hillsboro had more talent that Maryville..actually MUCH more...we agree again (you are getting smarter). If beating Maryville makes you a great coach, then he is a great coach. I do believe that he is a very good coach...just not as good as he thinks that he is.I said Stevens was a bad fit at OR and you said that you disagree. You are wrong because if he is a bad fit everywhere, then that includes OR. So you actually do agree with me...he was a bad fit at OR. Now I will disagree with you...he was a good fit at AE, and I am sure that he would agree. PAY ATTENTION...I already answered your questions...I played there but never coached there. I am not associated with the Boys Club other than having played there. Blade has a much easier schedule than Stevens had. If you don't agree with that, then you are just ignorant about the game. If Blade is as great as you claim that he is, then OR will win at least three playoff games this season because with this schedule, ANYONE could lead us to 7-8 wins.

We finally agree...you do NOT know football. I am not talking about what Maryville did...I am talking about the fact that Hillsboro had more talent that Maryville..actually MUCH more...we agree again (you are getting smarter). If beating Maryville makes you a great coach, then he is a great coach. I do believe that he is a very good coach...just not as good as he thinks that he is.I said Stevens was a bad fit at OR and you said that you disagree. You are wrong because if he is a bad fit everywhere, then that includes OR. So you actually do agree with me...he was a bad fit at OR. Now I will disagree with you...he was a good fit at AE, and I am sure that he would agree. PAY ATTENTION...I already answered your questions...I played there but never coached there. I am not associated with the Boys Club other than having played there. Blade has a much easier schedule than Stevens had. If you don't agree with that, then you are just ignorant about the game. If Blade is as great as you claim that he is, then OR will win at least three playoff games this season because with this schedule, ANYONE could lead us to 7-8 wins.

Instead of name calling......Stick to the issues....

On Stevens.. You can't be a fit anywhere including AE with those types of issues... Are you saying the issues he had here would be ok at AE? Really....What are you saying about AE?

I guess Maryville was terrible the year they played Hillsboro..Wow. I wonder how they got there with out a loss... We get it Rally you don't think Blade is all that.. Move on...

I will say this about Blade, I am not in favor of his personnel choices but that is just a "Miner" problem

Wouldn't you say so?

Instead of name calling......Stick to the issues....

On Stevens.. You can't be a fit anywhere including AE with those types of issues... Are you saying the issues he had here would be ok at AE? Really....What are you saying about AE?

I guess Maryville was terrible the year they played Hillsboro..Wow. I wonder how they got there with out a loss... We get it Rally you don't think Blade is all that.. Move on...

I will say this about Blade, I am not in favor of his personnel choices but that is just a "Miner" problem

Wouldn't you say so?

OR must have brought out the worse in him, because no such problems existed at AE. The "issue" to which you refer was a joke I am sure because even he isn't that stupid (a very stupid joke...but a joke nonetheless). I am saying that his coaching style was a good fit at AE. Maryville was very good the year Hillsboro beat them, but not as good as usual. From a strictly talent perspective, Maryville wasn't even close to Hillsboro. Blade has our guys playing pretty good fundamental football. I think he gots a lot out of our guys. I think he is hung up on himself. I still maintain that any decent coach can win 7-8 games in our current district. I will agree with you that he is "great" if we go deep in the playoffs. I do agree with you (LOL) on your disdain of his personnel choices.

OR must have brought out the worse in him, because no such problems existed at AE. The "issue" to which you refer was a joke I am sure because even he isn't that stupid (a very stupid joke...but a joke nonetheless). I am saying that his coaching style was a good fit at AE. Maryville was very good the year Hillsboro beat them, but not as good as usual. From a strictly talent perspective, Maryville wasn't even close to Hillsboro. Blade has our guys playing pretty good fundamental football. I think he gots a lot out of our guys. I think he is hung up on himself. I still maintain that any decent coach can win 7-8 games in our current district. I will agree with you that he is "great" if we go deep in the playoffs. I do agree with you (LOL) on your disdain of his personnel choices.

Which issue are you talking about?

His record?

the Clinton game?

the Knife?

the missing equip?

The undeveloped

players?

I am not sure if you are a Gen Y. guy but this stuff does not fly anywhere in my book.. Again this is my opinion. Why would you say Blade is stuck on him self?

Edited by bladerunner

Which issue are you talking about?

His record?

the Clinton game?

the Knife?

the missing equip?

The undevolped palyers?

I am not sure if you are a Gen Y. guy but this stuff does not fly anywhere in my book.. Again this is my opinion. Why would you say Blade is stuck on him self?

You obviously can't stand Stevens and that's OK, but you know which issue you listed was not really serious, and was made out to be much worse than it really was. Poor decision on his part for sure. His record is ahead of Blade's at the same time frame. The last two are absurd and you know it. Have you ever talked to Blade for any length of time? His favorite word is "I". That doesn't fly well with me. He NEVER takes the blame for anything and don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen, or your death is right around the corner. He consistently reminds everyone how great he is and blames others for everything that goes wrong, including the players. He is a very good coach, but not a great one...at least not yet. When it comes to OR football, he is like the President of the U.S....the buck stops with him, and he needs to understand that. He won't last long here, because he will not allow himself to coach somewhere for long without superior athletes...and that is simply not the case at OR these days. I think he is doing a much better job with fundamentals and getting the kids to work hard, than Stevens ever did...but I am not as enamored with him as you seem to be.

Now let's not bring the Pres. into this.... someone finally told him about the oil spill.

All that I have mentioned happen to be true.. BTW:ON Stevens--One thing that I did not mention..in 2005..HE INHERITED ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN OAK RIDGE HISTORY and the state. He had one of -if not the best Running backs in the state

Spencer Gulmeyer

& I think they handed the ball to him maybe five times... What's up with that? Ravenwood at the time was by far an inferior team ... You and Coach Don Colquitt may think he was a good coach but I do not. I don't care what he did at AE.

Edited by bladerunner

Now let's not bring the Pres. into this.... someone finally told him about the oil spill.

All that I have mentioned happen to be true.. BTW:ON Stevens--One thing that I did not mention..in 2005..HE INHERITED ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN OAK RIDGE HISTORY and the state. He had one of -if not the best Running backs in the state

Spencer Gulmeyer

& I think they handed the ball to him maybe five times... What's up with that? Ravenwood at the time was by far an inferior team ... You and Coach Don Colquitt may think he was a good coach but I do not. I don't care what he did at AE.

LOL on the oil spill! I agree with you on the 2005 team, the running back, and the talent level of the two teams. Stevens got outcoached in that one. Stevens will also own up to his mistakes while here...which is a far cry from what you will ever see or hear from Blade...because according to him, he makes no mistakes...and if he ever does, he will quickly and strongly blame others. I don't really care what he did at AE either...but what he did was win a state title. My conversations with DC have been few and far between through the years...and it will stay that way.

Edited by rallykat

I purposely stayed away from this site during football for a reason last year. I wanted to give Coach Blade a chance without 'prejudice'. I honestly thought Coach Blade did a good job last year. I wouldn't say great. After reading the treads between Bladerunner and KallyKat, I kinda agree with both on Coach Blade's assessment. I think CB had the team playing together and I also know their schedule was week, just like it will be every year with this new format. With this realignment, a 7-3 season is like a 5-5 season of the past. The opinions about Coach Stevens is a 'no win' situation. After reading the feud between the two, I decided to repost my last post after Coach Stevens resigned. I thought I would post it again, and tell me how this rang so true.

Great report ORidgeKat, since I haven't had the time to witness practice myself like many. I would like to take this time to make my last post until the fall. I am one of OR biggest fans. I have given my heart and soul to the program. The program rewarded me with a college football scholarship, and I have elected to give back to the program by volunteering coaching football at the OR Boy's club, which I have been doing for several years. I don't want this to sound like a bitter post but I must say this. I realize SS is not the HC anymore. Am I bitter, not really but slightly. I'm not bitter because he's not coaching, I'm just a little bitter how he was treated. Coach Blade and Coach Stevens took over the OR job roughly with the same credentials. They both had won a State Championship. What separates them is yet to be seen. It's great to hear the kids are 'now' working hard on and off the field. To me, it's about time the kids take personal responsibility to do such. Working hard has nothing to do with the coaches, working hard is a personal responsibility, a personal gain. I'm pretty sure coaching had nothing to do with Spencer Gulimire working hard. He took it upon himself to acheive through personal dedication to the sport he loved. I understand a coach can motivate a player. I understand a coach can put you in position on the field to succeed, but a coach can't catch a football, throw a football, block, kick or tackle. It is up to the players to make all that happen. I have said all along, there was no talent on last year's team, and probably there will be no talent on this team. Four players can't get it done in the classification that OR plays in. I hope the players prove me wrong.

If I remember correctly, last year Coach SS kicked off one of East Tennessee best players due to lack of self discipline. He sat players out of games in previous years to lack of self discipline. Here in OR, you are not judge how discipline your players are, not how hard they work, not how enthusiastic they are. Even though, that's the formula for success. At the end of the season, you are judged on your record. As one poster said in a previous post, "SS was the worst coach OR have every had, look at his record".

What will be Coach Blade's measuring stick?

Lastly, I support Coach Blade and the program. I have given my all to the program. I will be there through the good times and the bad times. I will be there rather they win or lose. I will be there if they are predicted to win or lose. It's easy to Monday morning quarterback. It's easy to hide behind a screen. At this state in the program, could each and everyone of us say the same with out some kind of personal agenda? I will be a WILDCAT to the end no matter who is coaching.

To the players - Your season never ends. After Friday's scrimmage, a new season begins. This summer show personal dedication in the weight room, show personal dedication in your conditioning. When you are not working, somebody else is. If you are a leader on this team, lead by example. The question you must ask yourself, "How do I want to be remembered". Don't procrastinate!

PROCRASTINATION: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.