Oak Ridge

Stevens took the team he inherited to the big dance and got beat BAD! Most YMCA/Boys Club/Peewee Coaches could have won with that team!

Lets see what he does at LaVergne where he does not inherit a great team.

Every coach who takes a new job inherits his team according to your definition. Blade is a new coach who took what he inherited and did what he did with it, which by OR standards, isn't much. Your YMCA/Boys Club/Peewee coaches need to go back to school, and get a teaching degree so we can find out what they can really do! Stevens and LaVergne may be in the toughest district in the state. The same can't be said for Blade and OR, so it will be difficult to compare. Even you and your YMCA/Boys Club/Peewee friends will have to admit that. The fact is that the district we played in while Stevens was here was MUCH tougher than the one we are now in with Blade at the helm. Even you and your YMCA/Boys Club/Peewee friends will have to agree with that too. With all of this said, I am impressed with the direction Blade has us going, but I wonder if anyone will be able to bring back the glory days to which we are accustomed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a couple of posts about OR scrimmaging on Friday. Yes, they are, but they are traveling just up the road to W.Knox to our little ol place at CAK. The scrimmage should start around 6PM. Hope a lot of OR fans will make the trip and patronize our lovely concession stand. :)

This scrimmage will help OR work on their pass defense (if they need to) and it will help CAK work on being more physical in all aspects of the game. Other than Alcoa, OR will most likely be the most physical team we will face this season. Likewise, I doubt OR will face anyone who throws the ball anymore than CAK.

Did we look as bad last night as I think we did? Someone please come on here and tell me I was at the wrong scrimmage. What I saw gives me more than great concern.

I didn't say he had been Tn Coach of the Year, although the state champion usually is. Stevens has been coach of the year for his district/region and I believe Knox County and East Tn. That doesn't mean he is a great coach, nor does it mean that for Blade. It means that each coach had an outstanding season. All coaches who win state titles are asked to speak at clinics. I agree that Blade is a good coach. I disagree that Stevens is a bad coach, if that is your point. He was a bad fit at OR. Blade had MUCH more talent at Hillsboro than they had at Maryville in that game. We will never know who outcoached whom. Believe what you want. Stevens has won a state title at AE, while Blade has won one at Hillsboro. Stevens took Or to the title game while Blade has not. The jury is still out.

We can all can agree to disagree with you Rallykat. Let's leave it at that.

Did not look good last night for the Ridgers. They faced a very fast and aggresive CAK team. Oak Ridge will pull it together and have a good year.

I agree that we will have agood year, if a good year is 7-3 or 8-2 and a couple of rounds in the playoffs. Our schedule lends itself to such a record.

Anderson County throws alot, but he's right. CAK literally throws the ball about 70% of the time. CAK may or may not be able to complete anything against the Wildcats, but it will be very unlikely OR will play a team that throws consistently 70% + of the time. :thumb:

CAK has a small stadium but the facilities and field are very nice. There is a nice playground connected to the stadium area if anyone wants to bring the kids.

The address for anyone who wants to GPS or Mapquest it is 529 Academy Way in Knoxville.

Make the short trip and come out and support the Wildcats. Paging Nick Orlando..... ;)

I'd say AC is about the same if not more heavily weighted toward the pass. Recall that T. Williams set the state all-time attempts and completion records last year in addition to total yards passing. AC passes to set up... the pass.

I disagee with all of it. Interesting enough?

Did you come through the boys club? Did your Dad coach there?

All of it??? If you disagree that Blade had much more talent at Hillsboro that they had at Maryville, then you don't know football. All of it??? I said Blade was a good coach...do you disagree with THAT? I said Stevens was a bad fit at OR...do you disagree with THAT? I said Stevens won a title at AE...do you disagree with THAT? I said Blade won a title at Hillsboro...do you disagree with THAT? I said that Stevens took OR to a title game and Blade has not...do you disagree with THAT? You disagree with ALL of it??? That's not interesting at all...it is both amazing and absurd! Yes and no to your questions.

Yea Anderson County is a run first team......... :roflol:

Forgot about the realignment that put AC and Oak Ridge in the same district. Yes AC throws the ball around alot, so OR probably needed to see CAK's air attack. Of course AC just adopted that approach last year if I'm not mistaken. CAK has been successfully using a "pass first" scheme for several years. But I still doubt AC throws the ball anymore than the Warriors do. Good luck to both the Mavericks and the Wildcats this season :thumb:

Forgot about the realignment that put AC and Oak Ridge in the same district. Yes AC throws the ball around alot, so OR probably needed to see CAK's air attack. Of course AC just adopted that approach last year if I'm not mistaken. CAK has been successfully using a "pass first" scheme for several years. But I still doubt AC throws the ball anymore than the Warriors do. Good luck to both the Mavericks and the Wildcats this season :thumb:

AC probably doesn't throw as many passes, but in their scheme they complete more than CAK. I believe numbers from last year will show that. I believe their qb set 3 state records last year.