New Coaches in Mid State Again

MrNoitAll

Well folks it is hot as I have seen it in years, the window fan has been great

but I wish I had one of them air conditioners like the fats cats have (Birdman)

But it looks like we are goin to be havin some new coaches this spring in the Mid-State.

Camden won the state and Coach Baker took it to the house, which I dont think anyone

can blame cause he wants to spend more time with his youngins.

Stone Memorial is always havin openings at their place. They had a great coach but ran him out of town (out of state) a few years ago, cause the word at the park was Daddy's wanted to be to involved.....now that is just what I have heard. Cause when you get them daddy's a coachin you know that it REALLY is all about my princess......if you dont believe it I got some real nice real estate for sale here on the lake! Cheap!

Macon County has a new coach, looks like some of the folks didnt like the

old one. Again, this place has a bunch of changes all of the time....I wouldnt be buyin no trailer if

I was the new coach....but again the word in the park

is that they are a hiring them a local so that should

help some....

Friendship Christian has got them a new coach, now the word in the park is that

every softball coach that they have had has been fired except for Coach McNeil who started the program. Heard that the new coach aint real sharp in softball but knows baseball, we we have a bunch of them coaches already coachin so he isnt the first. The way youngins are leavin that school it may not be such a great job in years to come? Heard he was promised a head job if he would leave Wilson Central to come coach there. So sounds like he was a coach in waitin.

Another openin this year is Columbia Academy, Coach has done a great job at a small school but he wasnt a teacher he would just come out from his work to coach. One thing is that he has done a great job, has had several players go on to the next level very classy bunch of folks down there.They lost a

lot this past year, they are in one tough area to play the new coach will have their work

cut out for them.....them private schools are a feelin the crunch from the economy and we may see more problems for them down the road...cause when you have to pay for an education or get one free and $$$$$$$ is tight sometimes them private schools will lose out.

Grundy County got them a new coach as well, the "Big Man" work real hard and made a bad program very good. He loved the kids, made the field look good, instead of a cow pasture like Boyd Christians! Coaches like him will be missed but he didnt deserve all of the problems with parents that most coaches have to put up with.

Well I need go make the bed before my "Ms.Birdie" comes home for lunch, I have to act like

I have been doin somethin to make her happy, cause she dont have to take them "Happy Pills"

like some folks on here need to do cause she got me to keep her HAPPY! :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll

Speaking for Stone Memorial.....What do you mean by "running a coach out of state"? A few years ago the school didn't even exist! This is only the 5th year this school has been open and has had the same coach for the first four years. It was a daddy, but some one had to do it right!? If you are speaking of what happened when the schools split, that was an AD choice not the parents.

We now have a new coach, she is a former player and has a good head for the game. Our girls are happy about this and will be working hard. Looking forward to next spring.

Edited by ladypanthermom

Speaking for Stone Memorial.....What do you mean by "running a coach out of state"? A few years ago the school didn't even exist! This is only the 5th year this school has been open and has had the same coach for the first four years. It was a daddy, but some one had to do it right!? If you are speaking of what happened when the schools split, that was an AD choice not the parents.

We now have a new coach, she is a former player and has a good head for the game. Our girls are happy about this and will be working hard. Looking forward to next spring.

Good day Newbie! I love your comments! You are right a 3rd coach in five years sounds like a

solid program to me that wants to keep a continuity in the program! Pressure from your parents

to the AD got him removed, look what he did for Cumberland High School when he was there, then

you are right again instead of getting a coach who would be there for the long run, you get a

Daddy! Smart move if you ask me! Cause when you get them Daddy's out there NO MATTER what

it is always goin to be about their princess. This is a happenin right now in a school where

the coach is gettin to many daddy's involved and the parents who dont have youngins a playin

are gettin hotter than my tin roof on my trailer! Folks it is just hard to run a top program

by havin them daddy's and mama's a coachin your team! Now do you think that the folks at

Chattanooga Grace will be a coachin when their princess is gone? Remember "Ole MrNoitAll"

has still got some land for sale on the lake if you do! Now if you dont have a good day

remember the "Happy Pills" will do the trick see you Newbie! :flower:

Well my kid wasn't there yet when they first opened, so I have no inside info on exactly what happened, but I know the old CCHS coach never stepped on the field with SMHS. Two coaches in five years. And of the four years, the girls had a pretty good run with 1 trip to states, 4 district championships and 3 regionals. Pretty solid to me. We may have some rebuilding to do this year as everyone gets to know each other, but still going to be solid once again. Our new coach, being a former college player with no ties to any of the kids, will be a breath of fresh air.

Ok Im done, not into this whole drama thing :roll:

I will just keep reading and now know not to post a reply :|

Edited by ladypanthermom

Well my kid wasn't there yet when they first opened, so I have no inside info on exactly what happened, but I know the old CCHS coach never stepped on the field with SMHS. Two coaches in five years. And of the four years, the girls had a pretty good run with 1 trip to states, 4 district championships and 3 regionals. Pretty solid to me. We may have some rebuilding to do this year as everyone gets to know each other, but still going to be solid once again. Our new coach, being a former college player with no ties to any of the kids, will be a breath of fresh air.

Ok Im done, not into this whole drama thing :roll:

I will just keep reading and now know not to post a reply :|

Now Newbie dont go actin that way, I didnt mean to hurt your feelins just what to tell you what I have heard at the park about some of them problems up there in Crossville. You all live in very pretty part of the state, came into Crossville on my way to the Big Mountains....now that was a trip that I want ever forget....so please come on back and please forgive me if I was a jerk cause didnt mean to hurt your feelins! :flower:

Now Newbie dont go actin that way, I didnt mean to hurt your feelins just what to tell you what I have heard at the park about some of them problems up there in Crossville. You all live in very pretty part of the state, came into Crossville on my way to the Big Mountains....now that was a trip that I want ever forget....so please come on back and please forgive me if I was a jerk cause didnt mean to hurt your feelins! :flower:

Ladypanthermom you have to understand that Mr. KIA has had a rough childhood growing up in the trailer park with no Daddy to help him along. There are some deep seeded issues there which could very well explain his inner resentment of Daddy's who want to help. I beleive he feels this way towards any Dad or Mom who wishes to participate because his guardians (likely Russian foster care) weren't there to prop him up when he had his feelings hurt by the big kids. I have often come to the defense of Daddy's throughout the midstate where ever Mr. KIA strikes but it's tough cause I've little time with work and all.

Ladypanthermom you have to understand that Mr. KIA has had a rough childhood growing up in the trailer park with no Daddy to help him along. There are some deep seeded issues there which could very well explain his inner resentment of Daddy's who want to help. I beleive he feels this way towards any Dad or Mom who wishes to participate because his guardians (likely Russian foster care) weren't there to prop him up when he had his feelings hurt by the big kids. I have often come to the defense of Daddy's throughout the midstate where ever Mr. KIA strikes but it's tough cause I've little time with work and all.

Mr. KIA,

Sounds like 'Coach' needs a Happy Pills re-fill... :P

Now "CoachHat" I know there be some great mama's and daddy's out there and luv this game as much as I do, and they just want to make sure their princess gets to be the star. Now not all cases is that true but I would say at least Hmmmmmmmm..................99% are lookin out for that princess. You can see what I mean as soon as they have to jump up in age group those mama's and daddy's just keep movin up that ladder with them youngins. Now I aint sayin it is a bad thing to be with your youngins just be honest and just say what every one knows in the stands. Now if you aint ever been in the stands a listen to them folks talk about them coaches you aint been to the same parks that I have.

Now sometimes you get the parents who are always a yellin at their princess and no matter what they do it aint good enough. They didnt get a hit every time they batted, they missed a fly ball, or whatever. NOw if the truth was known when them parents were players themselves they werent worth a dine either. You know sometimes these folks need to remember that genetics plays a lot into the game that we all enjoy. And they must remember that their kid could be bad cause they were bad....now I am sure not many ever think of that.........but it could be just a little bit true. Genetics may be the key?? I wonder why they didnt make it big in athletics I know as I get older I am a lot better than I was younger cause when I tell them stories about the good ole days when I played I make sure that I was the best...or at least I thought I was...just like them mama's and daddy's are a doin I bet.

Now growin up was a little bit tough havin to fight my older brothers all the time cause they thought I was some kind of punchin bag. But it made me tougher cause now when I hear some folks on here say bad things about "Ole MrNoitAll" I can take it cause I have been beat up by the best growin up! My brother Clarence would like to see me yell cause mama would just take her some "Happy Pills" and say leave him alone and then she wouldnt know what was a goin cause she was happy and as long as mama was happy everybody should be happy. But that is ok now cause he lives in a single wide where I got me a double wide trailer so look who is a smilin now! :flower:

I bet you be one of them daddy's "CoachHat" coachin your princess which would be good cause you can always tell her war stories like I do my "Daisy"about how good we were! :flower:

PS "CoachHat" you need to quit work and let your ole lady take care of you like I get my "Birdie" take care of me.....I can think of a lot of things to do besides workin....my president is takin good care of us folks who dont like to work, you should try it cause it beats gettin up early and goin to work and havin somebody a tellin you what to do.....I get that here at the trailer why would I want to get it somewhere else?? Think about it! :flower:

I bet you be one of them daddy's "CoachHat" coachin your princess which would be good cause you can always tell her war stories like I do my "Daisy"about how good we were! :flower:

That I "was" Mr. KIA... up until about 2 years ago I put in 15 years of coaching baseball, softball and a little wrestling. Now, I just enjoy the sport and call a few games when needed. My grief with your comments on those Daddy's and Mommy's out there, no matter how they get involved or what mistakes they might make along the way is that they are at the heart of the sport and very much needed for a kid to be successful.

I don't see many childless volunteers at the park. Paid coaches exist but for the most part simply run clinics and give lessons.

You can point out several instances of poor coaching but I, in tern, can do the same with many high school coaches. My point is, they are needed, they are volunteers, they are interested in promoting the kids no matter what skill level they are at. While I was coaching I felt like I neglected my daughter more than I helped her as my time was limited in giving her the instruction she needed. I spent more time with the team as a whole than anything else. I'll bet if you started a pole many coaches feel the same way.

Edited by coachcap

The news that Beech is getting a new coach has finally made it's way down I-40, so I log on to see what everyone was saying about it and find nothing. I would have thought it to be one of the most sought after coaching postions and nobody is saying anything. So who's the new coach where did he/she come from and can he/she keep Beech as one of the premier programs in the state.

• Upvote 1

The news that Beech is getting a new coach has finally made it's way down I-40, so I log on to see what everyone was saying about it and find nothing. I would have thought it to be one of the most sought after coaching postions and nobody is saying anything. So who's the new coach where did he/she come from and can he/she keep Beech as one of the premier programs in the state.

Just another baseball coach!!!

Let's use facts instead of speculation concerning Stone Memorial. Stone opened 4 years ago. The "daddy's" fought for the coach from Cumberland Co because he wanted to move to Stone. Good ole school board politics come into play. They offered him the job at CCHS, not SMHS. He chose to leave the school system. The "daddy's" were for him, not against him. Stone then hired a coach that had to move for family reasons before school started. Stone hired another coach that backed out at the last minute. Stone asked a dad to step in so they would have a coach (coach on paper was an assistant basketball coach with no softball experience). This volunteer coach stepped in because no one else would. He asked each year for the school to find a "real" coach. Now that has finally happened. Good luck to the new coach. Stone has had success and hopefully that will continue. These are the facts from someone that witnessed it.