Jefferson County

helment

well, one week of practice down, how they looking? what about this new offense?

We will know more on Friday.

The first scrimmage is on July 30th at Central: 6PM

If you are going, better bring a lawn chair. The game will be on the practice field at Central per the info provided by coaches on Monday.

Peace

vier gone. Jc will run spread option. I thought they looked pretty good given that this was the first time they have committed to run this offense. They have played with the notion, but this is much different than what we saw last year. Diff look and diff players. JC's offense has many weapons. Speed, speed and then power when needed with Counts. Goins played receiver and scored on one of the few plays to him. They are putting playmakers in space and forcing teams to match up. My concern is the inexperience we have running this. That said, we will worry teams that try to cover us as we appear to have 5 players that you have to cover on every play. I think we will be much improved if we protect the ball. Defense simply dominated other that 1 play. 1 concern is that we have several players on the field on all plays. Goins, Counts, trower, Cain ect. I know thay are in good shape and they will have to be.

vier gone. Jc will run spread option. I thought they looked pretty good given that this was the first time they have committed to run this offense. They have played with the notion, but this is much different than what we saw last year. Diff look and diff players. JC's offense has many weapons. Speed, speed and then power when needed with Counts. Goins played receiver and scored on one of the few plays to him. They are putting playmakers in space and forcing teams to match up. My concern is the inexperience we have running this. That said, we will worry teams that try to cover us as we appear to have 5 players that you have to cover on every play. I think we will be much improved if we protect the ball. Defense simply dominated other that 1 play. 1 concern is that we have several players on the field on all plays. Goins, Counts, trower, Cain ect. I know thay are in good shape and they will have to be.

" Defense simply dominated other that 1 play"

Wow you must have left early because it was pretty even then Central Pulled away....I don't think

dominated is the right word.....

No I did not leave early> I simply know when we are playing our starters vs our backups. Our defense played for 20 plays. That being the first 20 plays. They never returned!!!!!!!!We faced Centrals starters late with our backups. I should have said our starting defense dominated other than 1 play??? What you saw was Central running over tons of 10th graders with our starters watching. Sometimes you must open the book to read within and not judge by cover alone.

No I did not leave early> I simply know when we are playing our starters vs our backups. Our defense played for 20 plays. That being the first 20 plays. They never returned!!!!!!!!We faced Centrals starters late with our backups. I should have said our starting defense dominated other than 1 play??? What you saw was Central running over tons of 10th graders with our starters watching. Sometimes you must open the book to read within and not judge by cover alone.

Now come on I watched who came in and out......first scrimmage and your starters only played 20..plays.....

thats ok I will let you believe what you want but get this most of our team is sophomores and freshmen....so now what do you have to say?????? lol

just having some fun its foooooootball time!!!!! lol.....I love football parents :P

Now come on I watched who came in and out......first scrimmage and your starters only played 20..plays.....

thats ok I will let you believe what you want but get this most of our team is sophomores and freshmen....so now what do you have to say?????? lol

just having some fun its foooooootball time!!!!! lol.....I love football parents :P

I think that the match was pretty even until Jeff put in the 4th and 5th rotation of players in. I still do not know all the players by name/number, so not sure who is what number for the younger players. The one thing I saw is that Jeff has depth. I guess with 20+ Seniors you should have depth.

Peace

so why did they get rid of the veer? i thought this was their offense for a long time.

I would guess it is to take advantage of the speed at receiver. Hopkins and Goins run around 4.4 40's, Smiley is in the 4.5 range. DK and Kounts make you respect the run. We have depth at TE as well. The 4 deep at TE can block, catch and run. The key on Offense will be the O-line. Can we sustain pass protections and keep Bible healthy? I pray so. Jeff has a lot of experienced players, so no "youthful" reasons for not getting it done on the field.

Peace