Is UT seriously recruiting anyone in your neighbor

orangenblack

Posted by djpaulscousin:

anyone know who's recruiting (if anyone) ward, victory, and rich from collinwood? didn't wanna start a new thread just for this.

40 in 3.5? i say skip college, go to the pros.

:x

he meant 4.75 forty and 350 bench i bet. redneck got confused :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caligula

It is amazing usually when UT recruits instate kids they are the kind that don't do homework and dissapear to Junco. And that kid that runs a 3.5 forty is the man. I saw him...j/k that is funny.

If the byrd kid is 5'10 180lbs, he's big enough to play big time SEC ball right now. That's not particularly small for a DB. Jabari Greer is only 5'10 180lbs and he's a darn good cover corner. I would imagine if some think he's too small, then he's probably a true 5'7" or 5'8" as that's just a bit short. Rashaad Fason, a safety for South Carolina is only 5'9" and he's pretty short for a DB, but he's still a quality DB. Anyways, 5'10" is plenty tall enough if he has the speed, strength, and willingness to hit.

Volfan911

Re: UT recruiting instate athletes that are poor students...from the names I can recall in recent years like Will Bartholemew, John Finlayson, Trey Teague, Chad Clifton, Jabari Greer, etc. these kids are not exactly dumb. I know Bartholemew and Finlayson were academic All-SEC while there are plenty of names I'm forgeting. Unfortunately, sometimes the best athletes aren't exactly the brightest students (not to stereotype by any means) but that's the way it is sometimes. If a kid is a great athlete, of course UT is going to go after them regardless of their grade situation in hopes of getting him to go to a JUCO and transfer. Since UT relies little on the JUCO ranks, that's not a valid arguement on your part. Only 1 starter on the team came from a JUCO from my recollection (Julian Battle).

Volfan911

Posted by volfan911:

If the byrd kid is 5'10 180lbs, he's big enough to play big time SEC ball right now. That's not particularly small for a DB. Jabari Greer is only 5'10 180lbs and he's a darn good cover corner. I would imagine if some think he's too small, then he's probably a true 5'7" or 5'8" as that's just a bit short. Rashaad Fason, a safety for South Carolina is only 5'9" and he's pretty short for a DB, but he's still a quality DB. Anyways, 5'10" is plenty tall enough if he has the speed, strength, and willingness to hit.

Volfan911

Well he might be shorter than 5'10 cant really reacall for sure, but one thing i would do is not compare good defensiive backs to the current temmessee secondary.

Brentwood Academy's Punter, Kody Bliss, is being recruited by the Vols. He has received letters from the Vols and invitations to attend games, and is somewhat interested. He is most impressed, however, with Notre Dame, Michigan, and about a dozen others. He is incredible (52.3yds/punt) and will go wherever he chooses.

UT has offered to give a kid a full scholarship when a kid is a sophomore? Lots of things can happen in 2 years. If indeed he is a gifted athlete, thats great, but lets not count our chickens before they hatch. Tennessee could be showing interest to keep him from looking seriously at other schools, kinda "keeping him in their back pocket" but telling a kid as a sophomore tht he can have a full ride at this point is hard to believe.

Let's not confuse an offer or a serious interest by a college or university with schools sending out recruiting letters and inviting an athlete to an unofficial visit during a game.

And let's not forget that a school cannot have direct contact until that athlete is a senior. So how in the world could they make an underclassmen an offer?

Official visits won't start till December and that is when the cream will rise.