Knoxville Prep TV Coverage

WesVLT

My name is Wes Boling and I'm a longtime CoachT member and a sports reporter at Volunteer TV in Knoxville, alongside Rick Russo and Daryl Hobby.

Just letting you guys know that WVLT (channel 8) in Knoxville is doing a lot to cover East Tennessee HS football this fall.

We'll be doing a fan game of the week where fans can vote on a game they want covered and we'll do a special report on the winner.

We'll also be doing a special feature story previewing a key game each week.

We'll have an extended highlights show every Friday night and a weekly webcast on volunteertv.com.

I'll be on CoachT all season long getting your thoughts on area teams and promoting our coverage. Can't wait for a great year!!

Do you have a schedule for the Rivalry Thursday games?

I was in Knoxville this weekend and heard the lineup. Of course I only remember a few games for sure....Wk.1=CAK vs. Grace (I think), Wk.2=Alcoa vs. Maryville (I know for sure)and Wk.10=GP vs. Pigeon Forge (just because it was the last game they listed).

You Aint Covering Them Hosers From Trouserdale, Are Ya? :twisted:

That's a little out of our range, Butchie. Of course we won't get any tv time in Mid. Tn. Whoever decides what games to put on Thursday nights, doesn't realize that there are other schools outside of Davidson, Rutherford, and Williamson Counties.

At least WVLT will put on some smaller schools like Grace, and Oneida (last year). There's only a couple of teams in this area that has more State Championships than us. Why can't we get some love on a Thursday night, or a Zone broadcast on Fridays? The FCS games the last two years would've been prime. Both years we were both in the top 5, maybe top 3 in the state, playing for the Region and playoff seeding. Same goes for Gordonsville this year. But I'm sure everyone would rather see two sorry arse 5A/6A schools.

News flash TV suits....some of the best atmosphere's and football being played in Tn. isn't solely found in these three counties. I'm sorry if this sounds like sour grapes, but I'm not just talking about TC...it's just I'm more familiar about our situation. I'd like to see them go to Smith Co., Jo Byrns, etc. They may be surprised at what they find!

That's a little out of our range, Butchie. Of course we won't get any tv time in Mid. Tn. Whoever decides what games to put on Thursday nights, doesn't realize that there are other schools outside of Davidson, Rutherford, and Williamson Counties.

At least WVLT will put on some smaller schools like Grace, and Oneida (last year). There's only a couple of teams in this area that has more State Championships than us. Why can't we get some love on a Thursday night, or a Zone broadcast on Fridays? The FCS games the last two years would've been prime. Both years we were both in the top 5, maybe top 3 in the state, playing for the Region and playoff seeding. Same goes for Gordonsville this year. But I'm sure everyone would rather see two sorry arse 5A/6A schools.

News flash TV suits....some of the best atmosphere's and football being played in Tn. isn't solely found in these three counties. I'm sorry if this sounds like sour grapes, but I'm not just talking about TC...it's just I'm more familiar about our situation. I'd like to see them go to Smith Co., Jo Byrns, etc. They may be surprised at what they find!

Rivalry Thursday website (with schedule)

I've Witnessed the Same Thing Out Here In West Tennessee. The Bigger Schools get All The Press And The Lil Schools Get What's Left....Newspaper..And Sometimes Not That. Some Of The Best Atmospheres For Football Are In The Smaller Communities Where The People Are Just As Warm And Friendly. Abstract To The Attitudes Of Most At Larger Schools. Now I'm Not Saying Larger Schools Are Snobs, But Increase The population And They Stick Out More.