Coffee county girls basketball

gwh

Coffee county has a great Coach and yes it takes time to build a program. I understand that in high school you get the players in your area, but one must also take into consideration how those players have been devloped in previous years. Coach Muckle understands this concept, that is why he is over the county youth basketball league as well as the youth AAU program. This kind of coach is few and far between. He does not have to be involved in the youth programs, but he donates his time so that the girls will be better off when they get to the high school level. Another consideration one must consider is the players he is dealing with; with the Morgan girl being an exception he has not had a lot of talent to work with. I think Pat Summit's father said it best when he said, " You cant take a mule to a thoroughbred race." The older girls that played on the team last year were not even on any AAU teams during the off season; therefore, the team should not expect to have a good season. In any sport the games are won during the off season. Give the coach a chance and understand that he has a very good understanding on how to build a great program. The girls he will be working with in the future, the freshman and sophomores, will bring many wins to the coach because they put in the time and effort.

Coffee county has a great Coach and yes it takes time to build a program. I understand that in high school you get the players in your area, but one must also take into consideration how those players have been devloped in previous years. Coach Muckle understands this concept, that is why he is over the county youth basketball league as well as the youth AAU program. This kind of coach is few and far between. He does not have to be involved in the youth programs, but he donates his time so that the girls will be better off when they get to the high school level. Another consideration one must consider is the players he is dealing with; with the Morgan girl being an exception he has not had a lot of talent to work with. I think Pat Summit's father said it best when he said, " You cant take a mule to a thoroughbred race." The older girls that played on the team last year were not even on any AAU teams during the off season; therefore, the team should not expect to have a good season. In any sport the games are won during the off season. Give the coach a chance and understand that he has a very good understanding on how to build a great program. The girls he will be working with in the future, the freshman and sophomores, will bring many wins to the coach because they put in the time and effort.

While I don't understand this random post right in the middle of the offseason, I agree with almost all you have to say. Coach has worked very hard since he arrived here and should be closer to seeing the fruits of the program's labors. However, I must correct you on a couple of points. The older girls did play some travel ball this spring. Not all participated, but some did at a few tournaments. I have also seen a couple of the older girls working at the rec. center almost daily in the offseason. The younger girls have been working on their games for years. Many have been playing travel ball for at least 6-7 years and it shows in their record during the season. I, like many others, am very excited for the future of program. But, all the girls are now on the same team. There is no call to belittle or question the work ethic of the older girls. The truth is, only Coach and the players themselves know who is working and who is not. I hear mumbles around another program at CC about "dream teams" when referring to younger players and it doesn't help anyone. Let's try and not divide a locker room before the season even starts.

While I don't understand this random post right in the middle of the offseason, I agree with almost all you have to say. Coach has worked very hard since he arrived here and should be closer to seeing the fruits of the program's labors. However, I must correct you on a couple of points. The older girls did play some travel ball this spring. Not all participated, but some did at a few tournaments. I have also seen a couple of the older girls working at the rec. center almost daily in the offseason. The younger girls have been working on their games for years. Many have been playing travel ball for at least 6-7 years and it shows in their record during the season. I, like many others, am very excited for the future of program. But, all the girls are now on the same team. There is no call to belittle or question the work ethic of the older girls. The truth is, only Coach and the players themselves know who is working and who is not. I hear mumbles around another program at CC about "dream teams" when referring to younger players and it doesn't help anyone. Let's try and not divide a locker room before the season even starts.

I was not trying to belittle anyone; therefore, I did not use specific names. I just started reading all the negative comments about the coach in some other post and wanted to voice my opinion. He is a great coach and he deserves credit for his time and effort. I know for a fact that last year the best team was not on the court if you know what I am talking about. The political mess needs to end in Coffee County and the best players need to be on the court. It is very hard for a new coach to do this if he is in an unsupportive environment. Lets all just back him and see what happens. I am looking forward to the "dream team" years myself. That is if they can all stay healthy.

• 3 months later...