Fairview 2011

FriNightLights

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on the 2010 Season?

Hard to figure here......they lost some key players from last year and with the new district it makes it really hard. The Cassidy kid was something special......if they have someone to step up and fill that, they should make some noise. Haven't seen their out of district schedule yet. but would guess maybe 4 losses and should make the playoffs. Would guess Lewis and Fairview fight it out for the top spot in the sub or whatever they call it. Doesn't sound like Marshall is on track yet based on what I have been reading on their scrimmages. Giles......reloading or rebuilding, have to wait and see which after a few games. Springhill......big loss of seniors so another one that is tough to figure early. Page should be okay..Hickman and East I think will still be down.

Hard to figure here......they lost some key players from last year and with the new district it makes it really hard. The Cassidy kid was something special......if they have someone to step up and fill that, they should make some noise. Haven't seen their out of district schedule yet. but would guess maybe 4 losses and should make the playoffs. Would guess Lewis and Fairview fight it out for the top spot in the sub or whatever they call it. Doesn't sound like Marshall is on track yet based on what I have been reading on their scrimmages. Giles......reloading or rebuilding, have to wait and see which after a few games. Springhill......big loss of seniors so another one that is tough to figure early. Page should be okay..Hickman and East I think will still be down.

Fairviews out of conference schedule is East Robertson,CreekWood,Harpeth. I think they will be fine this year an just maybe 7 wins. There three scrimmages were West Creek(Clarksville)6a, Cheatham Cty(3a), an WH-Heritage(2a), Won all three. WestCreek score was 2tds to 2tds but the score was 14-13, Cheatham was 4tds to 1td before the starters were pulled, An WH-Heritage was 13-0 in two quarters, which that game wasnt pretty for either team. Fairview had 4 ints two returned for 100 yard run backs for tds one was called back! Scored on offense as well.

Fairviews out of conference schedule is East Robertson,CreekWood,Harpeth. I think they will be fine this year an just maybe 7 wins. There three scrimmages were West Creek(Clarksville)6a, Cheatham Cty(3a), an WH-Heritage(2a), Won all three. WestCreek score was 2tds to 2tds but the score was 14-13, Cheatham was 4tds to 1td before the starters were pulled, An WH-Heritage was 13-0 in two quarters, which that game wasnt pretty for either team. Fairview had 4 ints two returned for 100 yard run backs for tds one was called back! Scored on offense as well.

The Fairview vs Cheatham scrimmage finished at 3 touchdowns to 2 touchdowns with the starters.

The earlier score came from the freshmen.

When the starters were in the score was 3 scores to 2 scores. Shaun Montgomery had 2 touchdown runs for the Cubs in that scrimmage.

At the end of the scrimmage Fairview's varsity reserves and Cheatham's varsity reserves each scored 1 time. The Cubs scored on a Hussaen Ismail run.

I don't know where you are getting that 4-1 informaton from but that is absolutely incorrect!

Having said that I look for Fairview to have a very solid season.

I think they will defeat East Robertson, Harpeth, East Hickman, Marshall County, & Hickman County.

I think that they will lose to Giles County & Page.

I think the contests against Lewis County, Spring Hill, & Creek Wood will all be highly contested battles that are decided late. Too close to call! If Fairview can win 1 of these 3 games then I look for them to be a lock for the state playoffs.

Does anyone know the TSSAA decision on Fairview requesting to move "back" into 11-AA? When reclassification took place, Fairview was placed into District 11-AA for about 13 seconds before there was a sudden change into 12-AA. The only valid reason that TSSAA would send Fairview back to 11-AA would be because of the opening of Summitt High School in Williamson County. TSSAA announced that Summitt will be in District 12-AA. With that being said, 12-AA would have 9 teams, where 11-AA will have 7 teams. They may try to balance the 2 bordering districts with 8 teams apiece. Summitt to 12-AA and Fairview to 11-AA. To be perfectly honest, it would make more sense to send either East Hickman or Hickman County over to 11-AA because of location. I would say that TSSAA does not want to split the Hickman schools up like they did the Cheatham schools. 2 wrongs do not make a right. Anyway........if anyone knows the verdict, do tell. :thumb:

Does anyone know the TSSAA decision on Fairview requesting to move "back" into 11-AA? When reclassification took place, Fairview was placed into District 11-AA for about 13 seconds before there was a sudden change into 12-AA. The only valid reason that TSSAA would send Fairview back to 11-AA would be because of the opening of Summitt High School in Williamson County. TSSAA announced that Summitt will be in District 12-AA. With that being said, 12-AA would have 9 teams, where 11-AA will have 7 teams. They may try to balance the 2 bordering districts with 8 teams apiece. Summitt to 12-AA and Fairview to 11-AA. To be perfectly honest, it would make more sense to send either East Hickman or Hickman County over to 11-AA because of location. I would say that TSSAA does not want to split the Hickman schools up like they did the Cheatham schools. 2 wrongs do not make a right. Anyway........if anyone knows the verdict, do tell. :thumb:

I hope they do allow Fairview to come over to 11-AA 1stdown. If that happens then it will reduce the # of non-district games from 4 to 3 for teams currently in the district.

I can already tell you that if it was allowed then this would be the popular opinion throughout the district as well. Cheatham County, Creek Wood, & Camden Central play some brutal non-district games so the addition of a common district foe would do nothing but help those teams. Waverly Central, Montgomery Central, & Stewart County would be the teams that would not benefit from this decision because Fairview is a much better football team than any of the teams that those teams play outside of the district at the current moment.

The Fairview vs Cheatham scrimmage finished at 3 touchdowns to 2 touchdowns with the starters.

The earlier score came from the freshmen.

When the starters were in the score was 3 scores to 2 scores. Shaun Montgomery had 2 touchdown runs for the Cubs in that scrimmage.

At the end of the scrimmage Fairview's varsity reserves and Cheatham's varsity reserves each scored 1 time. The Cubs scored on a Hussaen Ismail run.

I don't know where you are getting that 4-1 informaton from but that is absolutely incorrect!

no i now the frshman scored. They scored like 3 im not saying those at all . that doesnt matter at all . Fairviews Starters put up 21 pionts an starters with a few subs scored again. they kicked four extra points made all . after it was 4 to 2 ( my bad it was a typing error ) cheatham scored twice sorry) when Ismail scored it was people that had not played yet. When montgomery scored again though the second time the second team defense was in. so it was 3 to 1 starters My bad (:

I hope they do allow Fairview to come over to 11-AA 1stdown. If that happens then it will reduce the # of non-district games from 4 to 3 for teams currently in the district.

I can already tell you that if it was allowed then this would be the popular opinion throughout the district as well. Cheatham County, Creek Wood, & Camden Central play some brutal non-district games so the addition of a common district foe would do nothing but help those teams. Waverly Central, Montgomery Central, & Stewart County would be the teams that would not benefit from this decision because Fairview is a much better football team than any of the teams that those teams play outside of the district at the current moment.

What is the required number of students to be in 3a? i now last year Fairview only had right at 700 kids an are down close to 600 this year.

What is the required number of students to be in 3a? i now last year Fairview only had right at 700 kids an are down close to 600 this year.

That doesn't change again until after the 2012 season and the 3A cutoff is like in the high 500's I think because I had been told that Alcoa was a school that did not even have 600 kids walking the hallways.

That doesn't change again until after the 2012 season and the 3A cutoff is like in the high 500's I think because I had been told that Alcoa was a school that did not even have 600 kids walking the hallways.

just never really new. But i still dont see how they can be that good every year . People move there just so there son can play lol. they are just plain an simple the biggest powerhouse in tennessee . Fairview has never made it past the 2nd round of playoffs .