Franklin county

salecreek

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to start a new era of FCHS football! Big kudos to Coach Carr and the new staff. Although the expectations are low and the program is down, everything was very positive tonight. The attitude, body language, and effort by the Rebels was very encouraging and a breath of fresh air from last year.

I realize it is easy to be positive and upbeat when you are winning by a large margin, but maybe this team will give the same trouble to a much improved Shelbyville team in two weeks.

Go rebels! We are undefeated under Coach Carr :P

What a way to start a new era of FCHS football! Big kudos to Coach Carr and the new staff. Although the expectations are low and the program is down, everything was very positive tonight. The attitude, body language, and effort by the Rebels was very encouraging and a breath of fresh air from last year.

I realize it is easy to be positive and upbeat when you are winning by a large margin, but maybe this team will give the same trouble to a much improved Shelbyville team in two weeks.

Go rebels! We are undefeated under Coach Carr :P

Do you have Stats or can tell us what they did and how the game went?

I don't have any stats in front of me, but can do my best for a summary.

I was suprised at a very good turnout from the home crowd. The home opener and early season hope always helps, but more than I expected.

As we took the field, my first comment was "our offensive line needs a few more pintos in their diet". Needless to say, they did just fine all game. We scored on our first series about play #5 on 40+ yard run. This would be the theme all night for the Rebels.

I will give credit the best I can:

Soph. [RB] Layton Wells- 2 TD's of 20+

Jr. [RB] Matt Stachel- 3rd down back, great work, 1 TD

Sr. [RB] Sean Chartrand- 2 Td's, was a great leader, encouraging on sideline

Sr. [LB] Cody Jernigan- Was around the ball all night, and had some "wow" hits

Jr. [OL] Mike Sisk - Did a great job opening holes all night. OL captain

Jr. [DT] Jaden Brannon- 6'3" 310 lb rock of the defense, needed triple team!

Those were guys that stod out last night, for the rest of fchs games, I'll bring paper and pencil for a better post game.

Like I said before, everything about the team looked improved from last year. Give Coach Carr and Co. credit. There is a lot of doubt surrounding this young team with very little depth. Last night the attitude was great on and off the field, the young men were very disciplined and passionate.

Special teams (which I harp about the most) was played better than it has been since Red Roberts. The offense had big play after big play in Coach Reeds new system. The defense missed maybe 3 tackles and everyone seemed to just do their part. Pass defense was the only facet that didn't receive an A+ in my book. And for the record, the QB for White Co. has a great arm.

I almost wish FCHS has Shelbyville next week instead of their bye, but the Eagles had one heck of a night! We will let them cool down before we try to climb that mountain. Overall, very impressed with our opener, but we have a long way to go!

I don't have any stats in front of me, but can do my best for a summary.

I was suprised at a very good turnout from the home crowd. The home opener and early season hope always helps, but more than I expected.

As we took the field, my first comment was "our offensive line needs a few more pintos in their diet". Needless to say, they did just fine all game. We scored on our first series about play #5 on 40+ yard run. This would be the theme all night for the Rebels.

I will give credit the best I can:

Soph. [RB] Layton Wells- 2 TD's of 20+

Jr. [RB] Matt Stachel- 3rd down back, great work, 1 TD

Sr. [RB] Sean Chartrand- 2 Td's, was a great leader, encouraging on sideline

Sr. [LB] Cody Jernigan- Was around the ball all night, and had some "wow" hits

Jr. [OL] Mike Sisk - Did a great job opening holes all night. OL captain

Jr. [DT] Jaden Brannon- 6'3" 310 lb rock of the defense, needed triple team!

Those were guys that stod out last night, for the rest of fchs games, I'll bring paper and pencil for a better post game.

Like I said before, everything about the team looked improved from last year. Give Coach Carr and Co. credit. There is a lot of doubt surrounding this young team with very little depth. Last night the attitude was great on and off the field, the young men were very disciplined and passionate.

Special teams (which I harp about the most) was played better than it has been since Red Roberts. The offense had big play after big play in Coach Reeds new system. The defense missed maybe 3 tackles and everyone seemed to just do their part. Pass defense was the only facet that didn't receive an A+ in my book. And for the record, the QB for White Co. has a great arm.

I almost wish FCHS has Shelbyville next week instead of their bye, but the Eagles had one heck of a night! We will let them cool down before we try to climb that mountain. Overall, very impressed with our opener, but we have a long way to go!

If you know anybody on the team tell them that their RB, WR and QB are fast, there was several instances that two raiders was there to tackle and they blew by them in a blink of an eye, they need to concentrate on those guys. One tackle for them, DE or Dt was pretty good, made several stops in the backfield.

If you know anybody on the team tell them that their RB, WR and QB are fast, there was several instances that two raiders was there to tackle and they blew by them in a blink of an eye, they need to concentrate on those guys. One tackle for them, DE or Dt was pretty good, made several stops in the backfield.

I do talk regularly with several players and coaches, I will spread the word. You guys scored a little bit, how is their defense?

I do talk regularly with several players and coaches, I will spread the word. You guys scored a little bit, how is their defense?

They took an INT and took it to the house, of course it was the same guy that scored most of the TD's, Get them early, they catch on pretty quick, that what happened with the INT, overall I think it woulld be a close game, can not really say how good they are because Coffee runs alot,most people know that.

Actually there were 7 touchdowns that was scored. Wells had 3, Nunley had 2, Stachel had 1, and Chartran had 1. They ran the ball really well. Did a few shorter passes that looked good. This team will continue to get better and better. The coaches have done a great job with this group of young men. I wish them the best.