Big 8

From what I can see from reading a majority of the posts over the last week or so, Everyone hates boone thanks to tosssweep. But here is the way that I see it. Alot of people in the Boone area have remarked that it will take awhile before SH is any good... I disagree with this. The tricities sports preseason Big 8 predictions had SH in the lower 4 which is bogus. I dont see Boone beating SH for a good 10 years. The mental block that south brought has moved over to SH. IMO. Stacey has the talent, coaching ability, and money to make SH something special. With that being said I will still be on the sideline chanting "Go Boone". I was not impressed with DB during the scrimmage. Im not sure if they just decided to hide everything play a basic quarter and be done with it, or if this is a preview of a long season for DB? Take away the 70 yard run from seabolt and a miscued snap from volunteer and the Falcons looked like a better team. IMO. South and TN looked like a pretty evenly matched contest. TN has the center and tight end, but other then that I wasnt impressed by either team. The contest between SH and Central can merely be considered a contest. 7 minutes into it God decided that he would put Central out of their misery. Im not sure that the Boone-DC is a proper assesment of what Boone can do. They pretty much ran the ball up the middle everytime, only giving DC the ball once and allowing one first down. DC did look like a more talented group then years past. Boone has leaked out some trickery that may be used this season. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. With all of this being said I am only assesing what I saw at the scrimmage, and I am not attacking any team or it's fans. I would like to know if what I saw was just me, or if others saw it to.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see from reading a majority of the posts over the last week or so, Everyone hates boone thanks to tosssweep. But here is the way that I see it. Alot of people in the Boone area have remarked that it will take awhile before SH is any good... I disagree with this. The tricities sports preseason Big 8 predictions had SH in the lower 4 which is bogus. I dont see Boone beating SH for a good 10 years. The mental block that south brought has moved over to SH. IMO. Stacey has the talent, coaching ability, and money to make SH something special. With that being said I will still be on the sideline chanting "Go Boone". I was not impressed with DB during the scrimmage. Im not sure if they just decided to hide everything play a basic quarter and be done with it, or if this is a preview of a long season for DB? Take away the 70 yard run from seabolt and a miscued snap from volunteer and the Falcons looked like a better team. IMO. South and TN looked like a pretty evenly matched contest. TN has the center and tight end, but other then that I wasnt impressed by either team. The contest between SH and Central can merely be considered a contest. 7 minutes into it God decided that he would put Central out of their misery. Im not sure that the Boone-DC is a proper assesment of what Boone can do. They pretty much ran the ball up the middle everytime, only giving DC the ball once and allowing one first down. DC did look like a more talented group then years past. Boone has leaked out some trickery that may be used this season. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. With all of this being said I am only assesing what I saw at the scrimmage, and I am not attacking any team or it's fans. I would like to know if what I saw was just me, or if others saw it to.

Dobyns-Bennett played about 70 players in a 12 minute QTR. They wore their practice uniforms. The 70 yard TD was by Sophomore, back-up QB Chris Cook. They could have won bigger than Science Hill, but GC is the jamboree antithesis of Stacy "let me put on a show" Carter. D-B is loaded. You will awaken from your fantasy about the 3rd game of the season.

Just to show everybody that I don't play favorites, you're crazy if you don't think DB is loaded. I like to give the DB folks a hardtime but the fact is they are as good at the skill positions as they have been in a while. The offense GC has installed fits their players perfectly.

Just to show everybody that I don't play favorites, you're crazy if you don't think DB is loaded. I like to give the DB folks a hardtime but the fact is they are as good at the skill positions as they have been in a while. The offense GC has installed fits their players perfectly.

You coming over to the game TOSS?

Well, if you were a Boone fan you know that the SH/Boone game goes beyond the South/Boone rivalry. SH is probably the second biggest rivalry as it goes from Crockett. This is the city/county rivalry game, and I know the coaches up there always love to play this game. I think it'll be a great game to watch the second half of the season.

As for week 3 and crawdad......haha..... :popcorneater: just wait and save it for week 3 geeeeeeeez. Glad to see you around still craw, should be a good season all around.

GC did play mostly 2nd string,D-B will be alot better with the new offense when the conf. starts,just getting use to running it and finding out who can do what,early on.

Science Hill had some very good teams before Scott Smith arived on the scene. I can remember several barn burners between DB & SH. They should be able to put some good talent on the field this year. I wouldn't give all the credit to Carter, but I know thats where it will all go if they have a good year. I don't think you got to see much in the Jam-Bore-Re from any team except Science Hill. If Carter would of had time he would of scored 80 on Central. Clark hates the Jam-Bore-Re and is never going to show anything in it. We still don't know if this is a team that can get us back the respect that we lost last year but we'll find out in a few days. I am hearing that Farragut is alot better than people are giving them credit for. Was talking to a friend in Knoxville Sunday and he says this team will be better than last years. I still think Boone is playing a cat & mouse game with its Big 8 foes. Their going to be better than last year also. I think their the team to beat up here.

Well, if you were a Boone fan you know that the SH/Boone game goes beyond the South/Boone rivalry. SH is probably the second biggest rivalry as it goes from Crockett. This is the city/county rivalry game, and I know the coaches up there always love to play this game. I think it'll be a great game to watch the second half of the season.

As for week 3 and crawdad......haha..... :popcorneater: just wait and save it for week 3 geeeeeeeez. Glad to see you around still craw, should be a good season all around.

Hey FB, maybe that was a slip....I think I meant 4th game of the season...guess I've got South on my mind. Good luck this season. Should be the best ever for the Blazers.