Top Teams in 9-AAA for '03

Guest Splitter017

Guest Splitter017

Yeah, I agree that 9-AAA is probably the toughest district in the state, but how couold u pick Wilson Central over Smyrna?? Sure, it might not seem like Smyrna has alot of talent, but in all regards they do. You fail to remember that SHS has the 2002 9-AAA left-handed pitcher of the year, Andy Giffen, and all around have a solid pitching staff. Plus their lineup wont be that bad either. All im saying is give Smyrna more respect than what u gave them initially.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Juliet, Beech, and Smyrna all lost alot of

of seniors but all will probably end up with

better teams than last year. Lavergne has most

coming back but do they have a true #1, it is

tough to lose the best pitcher and the best

hitter and not lose something. Hendersonville

is the team that you picked too low. We heard that

they were picked to win the regular season.

Shao, Davenport and Giffen must not lose or

it could be Lavergne and Hendersonville. We

also heard the White House had a great summer!

I would not pick any team until May.

This comming year in Middle Tennessee Baseball will be very competitave. Many teams are now preping and conditioning for the up-comming season. Gallatin will do very well this year. We have gotten quicker in the field and on the base paths. We have also added a little more power to our line up. Injuries have overcome some of our players, but they will be back in time for the Season's start. We lost only 4 seniors last year and we have gained power and depthness in our bullpin. Over all We should do pertty well this year.

Good Luck to All the Team,

BigSkinny19

GO GALLATIN!!!smilieLink(' :rolleyes: ')

Roll eyessmilieLink(' :D ')

Grin

District 9AAA in baseball is one that usually comes down to the last week every year. There is no reason to think that LaVergne will have much of a drop off IF they can get two or three guys to take the place of one Matt Scott. Mt. Juliet will have speed and defense. Can they find a pitcher or two to back up Shao. Beech will be solid with Davenport on the mound, will they hit enough to compete? Smyrna is always a tough place to win a game when they are playing Vetter-ball as they call it...good defense, solid pitching, score just enough to win. Wilson Central and White House will be improved greatly, with the younger Pickett at White House having time to shine. Hendersonville seems to be a wild-card. They will have to replace two quality players in White and Decker. They have Tucker and Bostic left and a few players that have shown flashes but haven't been consistent. Should be a great year for the whole district. Does anyone know if the winner is still getting an automatic bid to the region tournament this year?

Guest oldgold

IF there is a clear winner of the regular season, that team gets

an automatic bid and the tournament stays as it was with a play

in game and final four double elimination. IF there is a tie,

the only tie-breaker is head to head, no clear cut winner and

an eight team double elimination tournament is held.

Sounds fair for all teams!

• 2 weeks later...