CAK at Seymour

JuniorsDad

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts?

Saw where Seymour lost to Daniel Boone, but I don't know anything about how that game went. I know Seymour lost a couple of good players off of last years squad but not sure what they had coming up from the under classmen. The game will be at Seymour. I suspect CAK will be focused on correcting the mental mistakes (penalties) and turnover problems more than worrying about precisely what challenges Seymour will present them. The Warriors have to improve on their performance from Thursday night or they will not be happy with themselves regardless of who they play next Friday. The good news is that most of the negative things that happened against Grace are correctable, and there was some good things that happened that we can build on. Additionally, we will get back a defensive player with more heighth that will help us in the secondary.

Seymour fans, give us some input about your team and what to expect. :popcorneater:

Edited by FootballDad

Wow..

What are your thoughts on Seymour after seeing them in person?

I think my prediction pretty much says it. I saw Seymour in their last scrimmage against Powell. Powell outscored them 7 TDs to none, and Seymour never even threatned until late in the scrimmage. This doesn't appear to be your typical Seymour team.

Edited by HTV

Totally unbiased and independent of either team, here, but I have seen both teams this fall - Seymour in person and CAK on TV. I see CAK winning by as much as they want to.

Hey HTV, I appreciate your cander, but don't give the Eagles something to be motivated by. :roll: Lets modify your unbiased opinion to: Seymour is young and recovering from the loss of several seniors to graduation. Powell steam rolled the Eagles and made them like it in a scrimmage this fall, but a finess team like CAK could struggle if they aren't hydrated and get their sleep ;) Yeah, that sounds better.

Hey HTV, I appreciate your cander, but don't give the Eagles something to be motivated by. :roll: Lets modify your unbiased opinion to: Seymour is young and recovering from the loss of several seniors to graduation. Powell steam rolled the Eagles and made them like it in a scrimmage this fall, but a finess team like CAK could struggle if they aren't hydrated and get their sleep ;) Yeah, that sounds better.

OK. You know me well enough to know that a diplomat I am not.

I still don't think it makes any difference, however. :popcorneater:

I'm new to this forum but here is my take, I watched the CAK Grace game and I saw a couple of things that were really good, 1 CAKs defense looks very intense and a defense that likes to hit you, I know there were some penalities but it was the first game and coach Bradley will work those out on top of that I had heard that Grace was really provoking CAKs players, 2nd thing I saw was that the this team seems to play together, there doesn't seem to be a me but more of an us which is really very good. As far as Seymour goes, I have heard they are down this year but they have a a physical team up front but I think the CAK front four which I'm not sure of their names but I think their numbers are 67,75,71,78 and I think 39 also, I think these guys are going to match up with the size of Seymour. CAKs linebackers and d backs and please forgive me for not really knowing their numbers should also match up well. On the offense I think that CAK can pick apart the defense,the wideouts and running backs are very good and Epperly is one of the best QBs in the area if the turnover bug is not out there, CAKs O line should be physical enough to keep the D at bay. All in all I say CAK wins but it may be tougher than people think. GO WARRIORS