Dresden Lions @ McKenzie

chipintn

Duck,

We had Clark for 329 all purpose yards!! Should be the player of the week in West Tn.

Now I'm convinced that WBBJ is conspiring to drive me the rest of the way to insane!!! I mentioned this afternoon on coachT that my mind was getting harder to find the older I get!!! Then WBBJ says Dresden beat US 38-6??????? I thought Butchie carried us to the wrong game even though other stuff looked awful familiar to me!?

I'm not gonna nit pic this week but, Dresden has a good team and the game was closer than the score. Dresden just didn't have an answer to Richie Clark's speed tonight. He even had an 85 yard +/- kick off return called back in the first half that would have given him one HUGE "all purpose yards" total tonight. I'm betting he was still close to 300 all purpose if not more.

For sure, Dresden IS going to win some games this season!!! The QB is pretty dang good and finds the open receivers VERY well. His O line takes care of him and their pass plays develop quick not the "bomb mindset" with the passing that requires long term protection. The Lion run game is average but complements the pass game. Just that when pressured the Rebels have good DB's. And the Rebel front gets after him and any others if it don't happen quick back there. Hicks is a boy dog coming off the corner after a QB when he needs to be!!! You can see them teeth flashing all the way up in the stands!!! Kinda reminds me a little bit of Oz over the past 2-3 years.

But nobody can do it like Ozzy did!!!!!

Now I saw some scores on WBBJ that I found good or interesting but have no idea what the actual scores were at this point. I HEARD that Westview took a page out of the Rebel playbook and beat Milan 15-14!!! But who knows?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick wrote:You just make sure you come back in here Friday night and give us a run down of your game and I'll do the same. I'll be interested in what you have to say.

McKenzieDAD wrote:Friday night you will find out who the Vikings are, they will be way ahead on the scoreboard.

These were two comments from a couple Rebel fans about Lake Co-Humboldt.Well,Humboldt

wasn't way ahead and it ended up being like the McKenzie-Lake Co shootout a few years ago.Nothing but Love today for the Falcons and all the Rebel Nation.Congratulations on the win over Dresden.!

Edited by lcwildfalcon

Congrats rebels yall played a really good game tonight. Your defense pretty much shut us down after the 1st quarter. Good luck on the rest of your season. Hopefully we'll get one more chance with yall come playoff time :thumb:

If we meet again it will all be good with me. Dresden is definitely improved and I've said many times playing better competition makes a team get better. The growing pains are hurtful at the moment but somewhere down the road it pays off. If we meet again in the playoffs congrats to the Lions for getting to that point (and the Rebels).

They also said Dyersburg was home of the Golden Tornadoes...

Who is that new young guy??...I keep expecting him to say .... "And BOOM goes the dynamite !!"

I have no clue as to what WBBJ has going on with the Fifth Quarter now except that they still got 'ol Reggie (and somtimes I wonder about him even). And did ya'll move????

I do know that they have had several scores totally messed up so far this season. I don't worry so much about ours 'cause I'm gonna know what our score was but, with the others around the area it matters to me that they get it right!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Duck,

We had Clark for 329 all purpose yards!! Should be the player of the week in West Tn.

I will agree totally with that!!!!! He had an awsome game. When the kickoff return was called back it was a righteous call by the official THAT TIME!!! No bad blood there at all, just wish Richie could have gotten it. Whoever it was that made that block in the back should likely hear some rumbling at the film study.. Back in the day, my coach told us that if we blocked ANYBODY, clean or not, when the ball carrier was past and stretching it out we would be doing up downs untill we puked. It didn't take me but one offense of that (and it was a clean block) to learn that little lesson. Ya' never know how a ref will see something ya' know.

In my eyes, Richie was the big difference in the game not to slight the rest of the Rebels at all, they all played their tails off. He was as "in the zone" as I've ever seen a player Friday night. That kickoff return would have put him over 400!!

By the way, you and I got busted Friday nite at halftime when I said something about the running game and you laughed big at it!!! When I said that then looked down guess who was standing right outside the dressing room below me and prolly heard it all!? Talk about beatin' a dead horse!!!!!

Thanks lcwildfalcon, Humboldt has a good team and ya'll made 'em work for it. If there is one team that I could say I really miss playing with all the new Z Plan it's Lake Co. No matter what our games always seemed to end up as a heavyweight slugfest!!

Ya'll are doing the right thing by playing good competition on the off weeks and Lake Co. will be a serious contender soon enough IMO. Good luck to you guys. Feed a 'skeeter for me!!!