GOODPASTURE AT MACON COUNTY

NEEDFORSPEED

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon County is much improved as Trousdale County & Friendship Christian have already seen. I believe they'll continue to compete. Goodpasture however is the cream of the crop in District 9-AA and I look for them to pull away in the second half and win 28-7.

Macon County has 2 weeks after this one to get ready for Sycamore in what looks to be a HUGE district matchup for both teams. If they can win that one and continue to improve moving forward then they could sneak into the playoff picture in the 2nd Half of the season. DeKalb County, Livingston Academy, & Westmoreland all will be very winable games for Macon County and if they could somehow knock off Greenbrier or White House under this scenario then they would be playoff bound.

The Tigers should remain optimistic because they are much better and competing under Pemberton & Co.

Macon County is much improved as Trousdale County & Friendship Christian have already seen. I believe they'll continue to compete. Goodpasture however is the cream of the crop in District 9-AA and I look for them to pull away in the second half and win 28-7.

Macon County has 2 weeks after this one to get ready for Sycamore in what looks to be a HUGE district matchup for both teams. If they can win that one and continue to improve moving forward then they could sneak into the playoff picture in the 2nd Half of the season. DeKalb County, Livingston Academy, & Westmoreland all will be very winable games for Macon County and if they could somehow knock off Greenbrier or White House under this scenario then they would be playoff bound.

The Tigers should remain optimistic because they are much better and competing under Pemberton & Co.

Thank you. I am very excited about what I am see'in with Goodpasture. It looks like Coach Martin and the coaching staff has the boys playing some serious ball this year. It is good to see Goodpasture open it up and pass it more! It looks like teams are going to have a hard time running the ball against the Goodpasture defense, they just need to work on there pass defense. They run alot of zone, and I would like to see them roll up and press coverage (man to man). They have the athletes. I am looking forward to the game this week, and I hope both teams stay healthy this week.

Thank you. I am very excited about what I am see'in with Goodpasture. It looks like Coach Martin and the coaching staff has the boys playing some serious ball this year. It is good to see Goodpasture open it up and pass it more! It looks like teams are going to have a hard time running the ball against the Goodpasture defense, they just need to work on there pass defense. They run alot of zone, and I would like to see them roll up and press coverage (man to man). They have the athletes. I am looking forward to the game this week, and I hope both teams stay healthy this week.

How did Goodpasture do last week?

Macon comes out flat and emotionless for the first quarter every game....they've done it for years now. If the coaching staff could get these kids excited, romping and stomping before the game starts, I think they could play so much better but when it takes them a full quarter to get mad enough to play hard, it's too late to catch up then!

I've heard, (don't know how true it is) that the players are made to be quiet, sit around in the field house doing nothing so they can get mentally prepared for the game for hours before it even starts. They go to that fieldhouse before 2 pm and the game doesn't start till 7. Why in the world would you want these kids to just sit around and be quiet, get lazy and bored for 5 hours before the game even starts? That's just crazy. Do all schools do this?

These boys don't have anything to reflect on during "quiet time" except losses. They just sit around and get nervous. They don't know what it feels like to win so they can't reflect on that???? They DO NOT need to sit around and think at all...they need to get wound up and the wilder the better.

I witnessed the 1 on 1 drill at practice one night and good grief, I thought they were going to kill each other. Those kids got wild, they got loud and they hit like I've never seen them hit in a game EVER, they loved it and they half killed each other! That is the kind of emotion we need to see in the games. Get those boys fired up!

I'd give my right arm if the coach would try this just once before a game, I think the difference would be amazing. These boys do not know how to turn the emotions/adreniline off and on when needed. So get them turned on before the game starts! Momentum is everything in high school sports. When you've got the adreniline pumping things just happen!

Cook did the same thing before games and so did Goolsby.........these kids don't need to sit around......that ain't working, so try something new and different. Get them fired up for the game!

If any of you posters know the coaching staff, put a bug in their ear, it can't hurt to try it!