Greenbrier at Sycamore

scaldeddog17

Greenbrier comes to Sycamore this week for a big district battle. Both teams lost their openers 27-0 to Springfield and Northeast respectively. Both teams bounced back this past week with overtime victories against Creek Wood 26-23 and Glencliff 20-19 respectively. Sycamore was led on the night by Hunter Anderson who carried the football 48 times for 202 yards and 3 touchdowns in the win. The War Eagles backfield will get a major boost this week with the return of Tanner Tucker to the lineup. Sycamore has beaten Greenbrier each of the last 2 times that the teams have played at Ralph Spangler Stadium. That is a trend that I believe will continue this week.

Tanner Tucker being back in the lineup will help take the load off of Hunter Anderson's shoulders and thus help Sycamore become a more balanced football team offensively. The War Eagles are physical up front. Jackson Brown, Garrett Mayberry, & Anthony Ward are all good football players. I think they are well fit to play Greenbrier's traditional brand of "3 YARDS IN A CLOUD OF DUST" type of football. This one should be a very well played game between two very physical football teams.

Greenbrier comes to Sycamore this week for a big district battle. Both teams lost their openers 27-0 to Springfield and Northeast respectively. Both teams bounced back this past week with overtime victories against Creek Wood 26-23 and Glencliff 20-19 respectively. Sycamore was led on the night by Hunter Anderson who carried the football 48 times for 202 yards and 3 touchdowns in the win. The War Eagles backfield will get a major boost this week with the return of Tanner Tucker to the lineup. Sycamore has beaten Greenbrier each of the last 2 times that the teams have played at Ralph Spangler Stadium. That is a trend that I believe will continue this week.

48 carries - wow. That dude has to be sore. :mrgreen:

We had 40+ carries Friday night, but it was spread across seven different players. The highest number of rushes was 12. Two other playmakers never saw the ball, but are always ready to go. I believe this will be our biggest advantage vs Sycamore over previous years. Should be another hard hitting game.

48 carries - wow. That dude has to be sore. :mrgreen:

We had 40+ carries Friday night, but it was spread across seven different players. The highest number of rushes was 12. Two other playmakers never saw the ball, but are always ready to go. I believe this will be our biggest advantage vs Sycamore over previous years. Should be another hard hitting game.

Congrats, CATS! Win#2....17-15