Greene Devil Football

HardKnocks41

What about 'em Devils! They have proved themselves throughout 5 weeks of football against 5 tough opponents. Still they haven't earned the respect that I feel that they deserve. They have an explosive offense powered by an air raid from QB Cody Baugh to his arsenal of receivers including Chase Greenway, Joe Watson, and Charlie Wilcox. It is further fueled by the power runner Thomas Lister who leads the ground attack and can be rested by a quick and shifty Micheal Lollar. And, hey, that O-Line ain't too shabby either;reguardless of their size, they pack a powerful punch for any defense that they line up against. Defense is the key word for the Devils and they have a lot to say for themselves. The new 3-5 defensive alignment has proved to be both effective and intimidating,surely a force to be recokoned with. Leading hitmen including returning all-state LB Spencer Mercer,hard hitting Daniel Crosby,and Matt Swecker plugging up the middle at ILB positions. John Lopez and Travis Collins add the pressure from DT and the secondary is spectaular, led by Joe Watson, Thomas Lister, and Chase Greenway. Special Teams could show some improvement,but the Devils are a team to do some damage on friday night. I'm sure I'll still be talking about them later on in the season and just want to say get H--- Devils!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey truRebelPlaya what in the h---- are you talking about? I have no clue who you are or who you think you are but you don't want to mess with them Devils! We may be redneck but we are proud of our town and our culture in east TN. you are the rebels,tell me that isn't redneck.We are nasty this year and just because you are scared that a small 3-A team will spank ya'll this year doesn't mean you have to talk all this smack. Well in Greeneville we do our talking on the field with our pads and when and if you all make it far enough to play us this year we'll pop you all in that mouth you are so go at running, and hard too. Be ready for some tough blue collar football cause you white collar boys can't handle our men

[Edited by HardKnocks41 on 10-2-02 11:12A]

Guest caligula

It's like Luxemburg trying to take on the USA. This is wayy too funny, if we make it far enough. That is a stupid comment, comming from class 4A's choke squad. My buddy goes to Greenville and I bet she knows that Maryville is still better. You beat a crappy D-B squad and now you go in the fan poll and try to claim #1. See thats is where the difference lies...we get buck while you try to hunt buck. :rolleyes::o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

[Edited by caligula on 10-1-02 9:20P]

This is pretty funny...Ive seen 2 Morristown West games and 2 Greeneville games...West doesnt even compare to how good Greeneville is. I am basing my judgement on the Marryville game, but what better game to judge the team on than there hardest opponent. I saw Greeneville play DB, they showed how to get the job done,unlike West. Anyways Good luck to both teams, I know that games coming up soon and cant wait to watch it.