Marshall Co. Kicker

kicker

What about the the freshman kicker at Marshall Co. He had two kickoffs against BGA of 57 and 58yds (very high kicks), a 24yd FG from the hash that would have been good from at least 40yds and his XP cleared their concession stand.

Your son seems to have a good leg. You need to send him to every kicking camp you can find. i would build some narrow goalposts at home and have him kicking every day, rain, snine, sleet, snow. A friend of mine (Greg Cater) use to punt for the St. Loius Cardinals. he had a bag of 15 balls. He punted all of them, went and picked them up, and then punted them back the other way. He did this every day. we would be at the lake, drinking beer and chasing girls, and he would be kicking footballs. He was blessed with a great leg, but many boys are. It was his desire, work habits, and unmatched determination that separated him from the others. Good luck to you and your son. He should be kicking it out of the end zone by next year. Kick the sh__ out of it! GO TIGERS. By the way, I watched Columbia lay one on you guys last week. #59 sacked the QB once. I heared the pop from the bathroom. Good luck!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joey stecker is the kicker from cw and he is very good. The only brightspot from fridays game. Dont think Cw would have won if kimo would have played but it would have been a better game. Still disapointed that we lost to fairview, there head coach is a punk.

Cw needs to get healthy and look foward to the district. yea they only have 1 win but there 1-0 in district and thats all that matters.

Good luck CW

Yea he is a punk because he is not there at Creekwood, wouldnt it be nice to have a good Head coach? Creekwood was outcoached and outplayed. But excuses must be made for the loss.

Your son seems to have a good leg. You need to send him to every kicking camp you can find. i would build some narrow goalposts at home and have him kicking every day, rain, snine, sleet, snow. A friend of mine (Greg Cater) use to punt for the St. Loius Cardinals. he had a bag of 15 balls. He punted all of them, went and picked them up, and then punted them back the other way. He did this every day. we would be at the lake, drinking beer and chasing girls, and he would be kicking footballs. He was blessed with a great leg, but many boys are. It was his desire, work habits, and unmatched determination that separated him from the others. Good luck to you and your son. He should be kicking it out of the end zone by next year. Kick the sh__ out of it! GO TIGERS. By the way, I watched Columbia lay one on you guys last week. #59 sacked the QB once. I heared the pop from the bathroom. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the tip. He went to the Ray Guy camp but no one there his age. We found James Wilhoit for one on one lessons. I had hoped this site would help us compare his skill level to other kickers. This all new to us, have not followed high school football until this year.

Edited by kicker

Yea he is a punk because he is not there at Creekwood, wouldnt it be nice to have a good Head coach? Creekwood was outcoached and outplayed. But excuses must be made for the loss.

The people at Creek Wood would not want a coach like fairview's. Fairview's offense is a joke. The only reason they have been successful is because they have had some really good players. As far as the game, Creek Wood was not outcoached. They may have been outplayed but not outcoached. The coaches at fairview have never outcoached anyone since they have been there. :roflol: Creek Wood went from 1-9 one year to 9-1 the next I'm sure you think that has nothing to do with the coaching. If fairview ever went 1-9 their head coach would get fired and the fairview fan base would no longer support him. :roflolk: The main difference between the Creek Wood head coach and the fairview head coach is that people actually have respect for Creek Wood and their is not a coach in Tennessee that respects fairview's coach.

The people at Creek Wood would not want a coach like fairview's. Fairview's offense is a joke. The only reason they have been successful is because they have had some really good players. As far as the game, Creek Wood was not outcoached. They may have been outplayed but not outcoached. The coaches at fairview have never outcoached anyone since they have been there. :roflol: Creek Wood went from 1-9 one year to 9-1 the next I'm sure you think that has nothing to do with the coaching. If fairview ever went 1-9 their head coach would get fired and the fairview fan base would no longer support him. :roflolk: The main difference between the Creek Wood head coach and the fairview head coach is that people actually have respect for Creek Wood and their is not a coach in Tennessee that respects fairview's coach.

Where was Creekwoods fan base? Heard from a "Creekwood faithul" after that Dickson beating alot gave up on them and went to support Dickson... I know you hate to hear it but Creekwood was outplayed and outcoached by Fairview last Friday. Creekwoods best players there or not Fairview still would had won..

Dang. How did a creek-in-the-woods & a fairly-viewable love fest breakout on a Marshall kicker thread? :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your son's kicking accomplishments. Kickers are becoming more of a weapon in hs football every year. Lawrenceburg has a great kicker that kept us starting from our own 20. You can have all the speed in the world on your return team but when that ball crosses the line it deflates the O to a extent. Now factor in 3 points from outside the red zone and it becomes a game changer.

I'm glad to see a parent asking questions and supporting their son. I wish we had more parents getting involved with their kids. The sad part is many parents don't have the "time" to even go watch their kids much less take a active role in helping them achieve their goals. Kudo's to ya although I do hope he shags a few against Giles :D

He dont cry. You need to worry about your own team instead of bashing the head coach . Just get over it Fairview played better, was better prepared, better coached , and better conditioned. CW might of won year but this year naaaaaaaaaaa 54-17 , sounds like some revenge. HAHAHAHA Get over it go cry to someone who cares about your loss.