TN HS Football v. AL HS football

ClassAAguru

So you'd win anyways , yet you still won't do it . I guess it's just a lot easier to claim mythical wins than it is to settle it on the field .

I'll just once again express my admiration for Alcoa and their taking on a two-game series with McCallie. Obviously your much smaller Blount County neighbor is far less concerned about how much their opponents' parents make than you guys at Maryville are. I guess if I were in your shoes, and say, BGA were out playing the best and biggest teams in D1 while we weren't, I'd probably be tempted to embrace ridiculous positions like you do. No doubt, it has to be embarassing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think I was bickering , just stating how great it would be if there was no DII in Tennessee , I wish our competition wasn't watered down in Tennessee , Maybe the overall level of competition would elevate with the addition of all the Private schools added to the mix , and just have 3 or 4 classifications total . MBA , BA , and all the Private schools would still field great teams without scholarships , build it and they will come . Every year Maryville & Alcoa has new kids who have moved into the area , just because they want to play football for these schools and the quality of coaching there .

Pep, I've been preaching that for years, but the T$$AA just won't listen :angry: . Like I've said before, TN only has abut 300(I'm guessing) public schools playing competitive football. There is no way we should have 6 classes. It should be around 3 or 4. If you mix in the 50 or so privates then you would have a pretty competitive 4 classes. By comparison, OH has over 700 schools playing in 6 divisions. Now, that is more realistic. For once, I think we can both agree on something......