TN HS Football v. AL HS football

ClassAAguru

You don't know who Saks is in Alabama football? There really are more football teams located in the state of Alabama than Athens. I'm pretty sure most Alabama HS football fans know very well where Saks is. Check them out. They are still there.

Since you seem to know a lot about Athens & the immediate area ask the coaches to schedule a game with the "not very fast" F5 bunch. I'm sure they will just jump at the opportunity to play em. Easy W and all :roflol:

(Smiley added for your enjoyment)

Red Roll, you were correct... Touchy subject. Should not have brought it up. So I am done arguing with ignorance.

1. Athens TRIED to schedule Giles but Giles said no.

2. Who is F5?

3. Speed in Alabama is MUCH better than speed in TN.

4. Saks is a nobody.

5. Why is it that Univ. of Tenn. always recruits out of state?

"Why is nobody of significance offering (a certain southern Mid. Tenn. QB from last year) a college scholarship?" "He is the best in the state!" It all explains itself so I really don't have to argue it. I started this post to see what will it take for us to get on the same level as even the North Alabama teams, because once you get down to B'ham/Montgomery/Mobile area they are much better than North Alabama teams.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee , another guy wanting to tell us how pathetic we are here in Tennessee ..... how original , and you jumped right in with him rollredroll . If all the Privates would just make a few changes so they could come and play In 6A , then they could maybe start some new rivals right here in our Home State . Maybe if MBA , BA , MUS , & all the other privates would join the rest of the State , the overall level of play in Tennessee would elevate to a new level . You guys want RESPECT Statewide .... this Is the way to get it .... not by invading the Alcoa , Maryville , and other top team's threads to tell everyone how inferior they are to you guys , and just how lucky we are to not have to play you guys . As I've said before " COME AND GET SOME " !!

Gee , another guy wanting to tell us how pathetic we are here in Tennessee ..... how original , and you jumped right in with him rollredroll . If all the Privates would just make a few changes so they could come and play In 6A , then they could maybe start some new rivals right here in our Home State . Maybe if MBA , BA , MUS , & all the other privates would join the rest of the State , the overall level of play in Tennessee would elevate to a new level . You guys want RESPECT Statewide .... this Is the way to get it .... not by invading the Alcoa , Maryville , and other top team's threads to tell everyone how inferior they are to you guys , and just how lucky we are to not have to play you guys . As I've said before " COME AND GET SOME " !!

You tell em Pep.. I mean Maryville "finally came over to 6 A" (form. 5A)

Edited by bladerunner

Pepvol... That really does make alot of sense! Thank you for having a true educated opinion on it. Basically if TN would combine Private/Public and even up the playing field it would raise the level of play across the state (this is what im gathering from your post - correct me if I am wrong). Keep in mind I have experienced both AL and TN HS football, in depth, and it seems that the really good, quality players go to the private schools in TN whereas in AL the very successful players still believe in playing for their public school (even though Hoover has become somewhat of a private school in the sense of athletics and successful athletes from across the state go there).

Pepvol... That really does make alot of sense! Thank you for having a true educated opinion on it. Basically if TN would combine Private/Public and even up the playing field it would raise the level of play across the state (this is what im gathering from your post - correct me if I am wrong). Keep in mind I have experienced both AL and TN HS football, in depth, and it seems that the really good, quality players go to the private schools in TN whereas in AL the very successful players still believe in playing for their public school (even though Hoover has become somewhat of a private school in the sense of athletics and successful athletes from across the state go there).

Yes , I agree with you , I wish TN Football wasn't so watered down , way too many divisions . I would absolutely LOVE a Maryville / MBA matchup . Maryville , Alcoa , Riverdale , etc can not go to DII , but MBA , BA , MUS etc could come to DI ..... How bout it Private fans .... make it happen .

Yes , I agree with you , I wish TN Football wasn't so watered down , way too many divisions . I would absolutely LOVE a Maryville / MBA matchup . Maryville , Alcoa , Riverdale , etc can not go to DII , but MBA , BA , MUS etc could come to DI ..... How bout it Private fans .... make it happen .

Thank you. I was not trying to start anything guys I was genuine when asking about the difference between TN and the states to the south of us (AL, GA most specifically). I know the talent is in this state but it seems like it is too concentrated.

not that anything you have ever written deserves a response, but rest assured if we implemented a caste system at our schools, and told the kids there that only rich people who weren't on financial aid could play varsity sports, we'd win anyways and some cry baby would complain and force a change in the rules again. After all it only took BA winning one 5A title in '95--the first title by a private school at the highest classicifaction in almost 30 years--to bring about the split.

No thanks, we'll keep doing what we do, whatever class the TSSAA tells us we have to play in. Plenty of teams out there in D1 are willing to play us in the regular season these days; Maryville unfortunately isn't one of them, so I guess it makes sense for you to write the nonsense you write.

Anyone can play in D2. Not everyone can play in D1. Certainly any d1 program can play a d2 team in the regular season. Alcoa, from among the schools you mentioned, has taken up that challenge and played McCallie. So have recent champions from d1 Hillsboro, White Station, Smyrna, Ravenwood, Oakland, and Melrose. Pretty much only Riverdale and Maryville among recent champions refuse to play D2 schools.

Remember a couple of years ago when Maplewood played Maryville in the 4A title game? I wonder how many players on the Maplewood team would have been eligible for financial aid, versus the number of players on the Maryville team?

I guess that settles it. Maplewood had an unfair advantage over Maryville because athletic talent is directly related to socio-economic status, right? Inner-city Nashville versus one of the wealthiest suburbs in the state? Obviously given everyone's hang-up with income level and financial aid, and how it relates to sports, that was unfair to Maryville to have to play that game. Maplewood should have been forced to play with only 10 players or something.

I mean, if that's the reason for not playing MBA....then you should have walked off the field against Maplewood. Talk about unfair! I'm surprised the TSSAA even let that game be played.

Edited by big red big blue

Pepvol,

Let's take this up offline on PM. The bickering isn't helping anyone. Ready for a truce and was trying to foster one by staying off the threads in question (until brought back in).

I didn't think I was bickering , just stating how great it would be if there was no DII in Tennessee , I wish our competition wasn't watered down in Tennessee , Maybe the overall level of competition would elevate with the addition of all the Private schools added to the mix , and just have 3 or 4 classifications total . MBA , BA , and all the Private schools would still field great teams without scholarships , build it and they will come . Every year Maryville & Alcoa has new kids who have moved into the area , just because they want to play football for these schools and the quality of coaching there .

not that anything you have ever written deserves a response, but rest assured if we implemented a caste system at our schools, and told the kids there that only rich people who weren't on financial aid could play varsity sports, we'd win anyways and some cry baby would complain and force a change in the rules again. After all it only took BA winning one 5A title in '95--the first title by a private school at the highest classicifaction in almost 30 years--to bring about the split.

No thanks, we'll keep doing what we do, whatever class the TSSAA tells us we have to play in. Plenty of teams out there in D1 are willing to play us in the regular season these days; Maryville unfortunately isn't one of them, so I guess it makes sense for you to write the nonsense you write.

So you'd win anyways , yet you still won't do it . I guess it's just a lot easier to claim mythical wins than it is to settle it on the field .

Edited by pepvol