TN HS Football v. AL HS football

ClassAAguru

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There haven't been many AL-TN matchups in recent years, so there are likely very few people on here who have experienced both.

Welcome to CoachT. Word of advice: don't suggest the possibility of the two states getting together for more matchups. You will be taken to task for it. Two words to remember:

Nuts

Vise

Edited by rollredroll

Roll Red - Do explain. So that is a touchy subject?

To some, yes. Like any topic, there are differing views and motives behind the views.

Gallatin went to Ohio last week to play the storied McKinley Bulldogs. MUS plays South Panola this weekend. These are great opportunities for the kids, whether it's the experience of visiting the Canton NFL Hall of Fame or playing a renowned program. No one can take away those experiences for the kids, but some certainly do their best to rain on their parade on here. Pretty sad if you ask me, but some people don't like to share the spotlight with others.

Remember: Nuts. Vise.

Edited by rollredroll

I understand what you are saying but I just really wish Giles could have played an Athens, Brooks, Deshler, Elkmont this past year to shut up some of the Giles folks. No offense if you are a GC person but the cockiness of that place was bad. Oh wait, im feeling some tightness gripping me in my crotchal region! What is that?!?!

You're opening up a can of worms that can be argued about for ages. In what capacity have you been around both states high school programs? You obviously are not familiar with what last years bobcats did. Did Brooks win the state championship? Deshler? Giles did. No matter what state you're talking about, a state championship is a state championship. It simply shows the hard work of the players and coaches.

I understand what you are saying but I just really wish Giles could have played an Athens, Brooks, Deshler, Elkmont this past year to shut up some of the Giles folks. No offense if you are a GC person but the cockiness of that place was bad. Oh wait, im feeling some tightness gripping me in my crotchal region! What is that?!?!

WOW. A guru with 4 posts. You got teams like MUS, CB, Riverdale & Oakland, Alcoa, & Maryville + other perennial powers and you want to slam Giles? Ok. Who did we put the beatdown on. You. your son, or your boyfriend? :roflolk:

(we did play Saks, and did pretty well I might add) :thumb:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

You're opening up a can of worms that can be argued about for ages. In what capacity have you been around both states high school programs? You obviously are not familiar with what last years bobcats did. Did Brooks win the state championship? Deshler? Giles did. No matter what state you're talking about, a state championship is a state championship. It simply shows the hard work of the players and coaches.

Trust me, I've been around both. All im going to say. Comparing Giles to the others I mentioned in Alabama would be like comparing SEC with Conference USA. Giles (Conference USA) would not stand a chance against the teams I mentioned in Alabama. Like saying Memphis won Conference USA so now they can compete in the SEC. Not happening.

WOW. A guru with 4 posts. You got teams like MUS, CB, Riverdale & Oakland, Alcoa, & Maryville + other perennial powers and you want to slam Giles? Ok. Who did we put the beatdown on. You. your son, or your boyfriend? :roflolk:

(we did play Saks, and did pretty well I might add) :thumb:

First of all, cute little smiley faces. Thats... clever... And what does it matter if I have 4 posts or 400? Yes, those are some good teams - not very fast but good none the less. I just get sick of hearing how good Giles is/was. When Athens played that same Giles group from last year in 9th/10th grade Athens had to call off the dogs on them.

And WHO THE HECK IS SAKS (surprised they even still have a team!) ?!? Like saying UT played and did well against Western Kentucky!

First of all, cute little smiley faces. Thats... clever... And what does it matter if I have 4 posts or 400? Yes, those are some good teams - not very fast but good none the less. I just get sick of hearing how good Giles is/was. When Athens played that same Giles group from last year in 9th/10th grade Athens had to call off the dogs on them.

And WHO THE HECK IS SAKS (surprised they even still have a team!) ?!? Like saying UT played and did well against Western Kentucky!

You don't know who Saks is in Alabama football? There really are more football teams located in the state of Alabama than Athens. I'm pretty sure most Alabama HS football fans know very well where Saks is. Check them out. They are still there.

Since you seem to know a lot about Athens & the immediate area ask the coaches to schedule a game with the "not very fast" F5 bunch. I'm sure they will just jump at the opportunity to play em. Easy W and all :roflol:

(Smiley added for your enjoyment)