2010 Tennessee High Vikings

THSVIKINGS11

After a pounding 42-0 victory over East, and 27-0 win over David Crockett, the vikings are looking pretty good.

The Vikings offense looks pretty good. The O-Line needs to sharpen up the pass protection to help out Senior QB Austin Snyder. They need to give him some better protection so he can have time to settle his feet, and give some "zip" on the ball. I am actually surprised that Snyder hasn't looked for Downs more often this season so far. I know it's only week 3 right now, but I thought they'd tear up the Crockett secondary. From what i can tell, Senior #14 Austin Wilson is starting at the WR spot, with Senior #34 Jake Jones as the rotator. With Delaney, Rowell, Howard, Gammon, Fersner, Young and Kreiss tearing up the back feild, they have a deep depth chart, so the running game should be great, especially since the line can open up the holes!

The Defense is tearing it up. ZERO passing yards vs Crockett!!! Quinn, Fahn, Crowder, Richardson, Carter, Downs, Bryant, Musick, Hall. Rowell, Kreis are tearing up the O-Line so far......

Any predictions for the rest of the season???

After a pounding 42-0 victory over East, and 27-0 win over David Crockett, the vikings are looking pretty good.

The Vikings offense looks pretty good. The O-Line needs to sharpen up the pass protection to help out Senior QB Austin Snyder. They need to give him some better protection so he can have time to settle his feet, and give some "zip" on the ball. I am actually surprised that Snyder hasn't looked for Downs more often this season so far. I know it's only week 3 right now, but I thought they'd tear up the Crockett secondary. From what i can tell, Senior #14 Austin Wilson is starting at the WR spot, with Senior #34 Jake Jones as the rotator. With Delaney, Rowell, Howard, Gammon, Fersner, Young and Kreiss tearing up the back feild, they have a deep depth chart, so the running game should be great, especially since the line can open up the holes!

The Defense is tearing it up. ZERO passing yards vs Crockett!!! Quinn, Fahn, Crowder, Richardson, Carter, Downs, Bryant, Musick, Hall. Rowell, Kreis are tearing up the O-Line so far......

Any predictions for the rest of the season???

I agree with the pass protection. This is a problem I've seen in two scrimmages and in two games now and hopefully they can fix it as soon as possible. They don't throw much, but when they do a majority of the passes are thrown to Downs and in my opinion it's becoming a bit predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing them try and utilize Howard at receiver or have him run out of the backfield to catch some passes. He played a major role in defeating Boone last year, but Snyder will need to a few opportunities to try to throw it deep.

The running game is pretty good this year. Fersner and Delaney have impressed me greatly so far this season. Fersner has about 180 yds with only 4 or 5 carries so far this season. Hopefully Gammon's injury last week wasn't serious.

The defense has done a good job against the run, but I don't think we've had a good enough opportunity to see how they can defend against the pass. East and Crockett threw a total of, what, 5 or 6 passes? Maybe Virginia High and Science Hill will try to test the secondary. If the Bearcats are anything like they were last year, they'll try to nickel and dime the Vikes all the way down the field.

I predict an 8-2 record unless they win or lose a game in an upset. Greeneville's defense is nasty this year. Greeneville and DB will have a lot of speed. The Vikes will have to avoid the unnecessary mistakes to win against those two teams.

I agree with the pass protection. This is a problem I've seen in two scrimmages and in two games now and hopefully they can fix it as soon as possible. They don't throw much, but when they do a majority of the passes are thrown to Downs and in my opinion it's becoming a bit predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing them try and utilize Howard at receiver or have him run out of the backfield to catch some passes. He played a major role in defeating Boone last year, but Snyder will need to a few opportunities to try to throw it deep.

The running game is pretty good this year. Fersner and Delaney have impressed me greatly so far this season. Fersner has about 180 yds with only 4 or 5 carries so far this season. Hopefully Gammon's injury last week wasn't serious.

The defense has done a good job against the run, but I don't think we've had a good enough opportunity to see how they can defend against the pass. East and Crockett threw a total of, what, 5 or 6 passes? Maybe Virginia High and Science Hill will try to test the secondary. If the Bearcats are anything like they were last year, they'll try to nickel and dime the Vikes all the way down the field.

I predict an 8-2 record unless they win or lose a game in an upset. Greeneville's defense is nasty this year. Greeneville and DB will have a lot of speed. The Vikes will have to avoid the unnecessary mistakes to win against those two teams.

8-2 is reasonable '04, but you really don't have much to measure this Viking team with so far. I mean the way the "exhibition" schedule is set up with East, Crockett and Va. Hi, you go 3-0 and look good in the process, but is there much resistance? Science Hill, Boone and South would all 3 be at least toss up games in my estimation.

As far as you suggesting that Science Hill may test your secondary, either you have forgotten who the coach is over there or you were being facetious. Which? I would think SC will throw the ball 20-25 times against you guys.

I like Tray Delaney. He is a good kid and I am glad to see him enjoying success on the gridiron. He is a natural athlete still learning to play football. I think he will be a good one for the Vikings.

8-2 is reasonable '04, but you really don't have much to measure this Viking team with so far. I mean the way the "exhibition" schedule is set up with East, Crockett and Va. Hi, you go 3-0 and look good in the process, but is there much resistance? Science Hill, Boone and South would all 3 be at least toss up games in my estimation.

As far as you suggesting that Science Hill may test your secondary, either you have forgotten who the coach is over there or you were being facetious. Which? I would think SC will throw the ball 20-25 times against you guys.

I like Tray Delaney. He is a good kid and I am glad to see him enjoying success on the gridiron. He is a natural athlete still learning to play football. I think he will be a good one for the Vikings.

I took those games into consideration and predicted the Vikings would win. The Hilltoppers, Boone, and South, as always, will be formidable opponents but I think the Vikings have a shot. In my previous post I believe the things I said indicated that there are still a few problems and questions about this team. Hopefully Week 4 will answer some of those questions.

I wasn't being facetius; I never guarantee that anything will happen especially when they aren't even scheduled to play for another 11 days.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I took those games into consideration and predicted the Vikings would win. The Hilltoppers, Boone, and South, as always, will be formidable opponents but I think the Vikings have a shot. In my previous post I believe the things I said indicated that there are still a few problems and questions about this team. Hopefully Week 4 will answer some of those questions.

I wasn't being facetius; I never guarantee that anything will happen especially when they aren't even scheduled to play for another 11 days.

I think you’re spot on 04’. Of course as Crawdad said we have to play the games, and nothing is a guarantee. But I side with 04’ in saying I think the Vikings have a real shot at finishing with a good record in regular season play. As I’ve said in a previous post… I’ve seen most of the competition this year with the exception of Science Hill… and I like our chances. If our QB and the defense continue to get valuable experience we may be able to give DB their best challenge during the regular season. Science Hill is going to be the measuring stick for the Vikings. Crawdad is right… they are going to give our young but athletic secondary a battle test with their speed and (IMO) arguably the best QB in the conference.

After some meetings on Sunday Stubbs has moved a couple of back up d D ends to the D gaurd positions to add some depth and hopefully get some more interior pressure, look for that on friday night he ll probably be looking to get them some play n time to get them ready for the HILL.

Just curious. Is "D gaurd" anything like "look Boss, it's D plane, D plane."

After some meetings on Sunday Stubbs has moved a couple of back up d D ends to the D gaurd positions to add some depth and hopefully get some more interior pressure, look for that on friday night he ll probably be looking to get them some play n time to get them ready for the HILL.

Stubbs has always been a good thinker and and excellent preparer...just a few of the reasons for his success..If he is making those moves, he has probably had that possibility in the back of his mind for some time but has waited to see how the season gets started and how players have settled into positions. The Vkings have been one of the most consistent programs in ET and are always a force to be reckoned with. It will be a great match-up between Stubbs and the Vikings and Carter and the Hill-Toppers.