Montgomery Central Host Houston County

Iceman76

What is the average # of Penalties that MC is having per game? hard to win when you have that many for a lot of yards. Houston Co. is throwing the ball well. It could end up being a long night for the indians. Especially on homecoming. If MC can cut down on the penalties then it can be a great night of football. But cool heads will prevail. You shoot yourself in the foot too many times you are going to die a slow death. Good Luck to MC and I hope they keep their composure and pull this one out.

the way Central has giving up the long ball first 2 weeks it could be a long night?

you make it sound like they were getting beat deep a lot? Is there something I am missing? 6 points to CA????? and only 27 to West Creek who put up 48 on the board a week earlier? Plus I would say West Creek has a ton more speed than Houston Co. will even think about bringing to the game on Friday night. But they have given up a couple deep balls. So they do need to get better in the secondary.

I agree with the WC speed. They will probably not see that much team speed from the skilled players until they play Camden. As far as the penalties, there were several calls that should have gone centrals way in the West Creek game. (Clipping and holding, and one forward pass that a West Creek lineman caught (#73) (side judge missed)??????? Irish are going down. :angry:

I agree with the WC speed. They will probably not see that much team speed from the skilled players until they play Camden. As far as the penalties, there were several calls that should have gone centrals way in the West Creek game. (Clipping and holding, and one forward pass that a West Creek lineman caught (#73) (side judge missed)??????? Irish are going down. :angry:

Quit complaining about the refs. They do the job they can. If you want better refs then TSSAA needs to pay more. Otherwise you are going to continue to have what you have because no one wants to go through what they go through for what they get paid.

I am sure that the refs made central do all the holding, jumping off sides, personal fouls. If the Central kids can't keep their composure then they need to get flagged.

Edited by 1new_wildcat_fan

Quit complaining about the refs. They do the job they can. If you want better refs then TSSAA needs to pay more. Otherwise you are going to continue to have what you have because no one wants to go through what they go through for what they get paid.

I am sure that the refs made central do all the holding, jumping off sides, personal fouls. If the Central kids can't keep their composure then they need to get flagged.

You're right Wildcat, T$$AA does need to pay the refs more.............the only problem is that the home school pays the refs, not TSSAA! I wish TSSAA paid the refs. Let me see. An official gets paid $85 to work a 2 hour game. If my math is correct (I am horrible @ math BTW) that is $42.50/hour. Wow! I do not think I could work for such meager wages. I think I will stick to my current job which relates to about $5.65/hour! I recently witnessed a ball game where the back judge did not make a single call all night and the only thing he did was raise his arm 5 times to count down the play clock. He got paid $85 that night. I personally think ALL officials should be held accountable for work on Friday nights. They should have to watch film of themselves after each game. The home team should supply the necessary video equipment for the refs to critique themselves so they can see the mistakes they make. I know that will never happen. Wishful thinking.

Sorry didn't know it was $85. I should quit my job and go into that also. I know I can do a better job than most so that would be $850 for 10 weeks and then get into the playoffs. But you are going to have people who just do enough to get by no matter what profession you are in. Something does need to be done about those officials who don't care about the sport but just stand around out there. Those are the ones people pay attention to and it shouldn't be.