RIVALS TOURNAMENT 2010

CHAMPDDS

Seems like everyone found their location.

I offered the MM as they are new this year, relatively close to both fields, player friendly and have a tremendous Adult beverage selection.

Yes, the Commissary is my fav too. Another Independent to try is Cafe Piazza on the square or Mister P's ( behind Starbucks in Collierville) for some wings (not for wuss's) or for something very unique, go to Deli Mexicana on Germantown Road (near the Saucer). This father & son will serve you mexican food you have never had or tasted so fresh. It will be like no other Mexican food you have had before, everyone walks out impressed.

Hopefully I have given you a couple of unique independents to try.

Enjoy.

Details...Details...Details

JACKSON PREP 1, ST. GEORGE'S 0

St. George's / 0 / 0 / -- / 0 /

Jackson Prep / 0 / 1 / -- / 1 /

Goals -- Jackson Prep, Keavy Noblin. Keepers -- St. George's, Amy Mirro; Jackson Prep, Madelaine Griffin. Records -- Jackson Prep 14-1-0, St. George's 2-4-3.

BEARDEN 2, COLLIERVILLE 1

Bearden / 0 / 2 / -- / 2 /

Collierville / 0 / 1 / -- / 1 /

Goals --Bearden, Gabrielle Gianeselli, Collierville, Kristi Granger (Rebecca Stover); Collierville, Taylor Smith (Shea Stock and McKenzie Bricker). Keepers -- Collierville, Autumn Woods, Bearden, Katie Emig. Records -- Collierville 4-4, Bearden 10-0.

HOUSTON 4, OAK RIDGE 0

Oak Ridge / 0 / 0 / -- / 0 /

Houston / 3 / 1 / -- / 4 /

Goals -- Houston, Olivia Harrison (Maddie Wanta), Maura Baytos (Harrison), Harrison (Lauren Albright), Harrison (Sammy Laplant). Keepers -- Houston, Kelsey Cunningham. Records -- Houston 5-1-2.

GERMANTOWN 3, NOTRE DAME 1

Notre Dame / 1 / 0 / -- / 1 /

Germantown / 2 / 1 / -- / 3 /

Goals -- Notre Dame, Catherine Healy; Germantown, Gracie Irby, Irby, Anna Lester (Lauren Thomas). Keepers -- Notre Dame, Grace Courter; Germantown, Molly Starnes. Records -- Notre Dame 4-5, Germantown 4-4.

ST. MARY'S 2, HENRY COUNTY 0

St. Mary's / 1 / 1 / -- / 2 /

Henry County / 0 / 0 / -- / 0 /

Goals -- St. Mary's, Katie Danehy (Taylor Simms), Danehy (Simms). Keepers -- St. Mary's, Alexis Wells; Henry County, Grace Burdan. Records -- St. Mary's 7-1, Henry County 6-2.

That is quite surprising. When we left it was 1 nil to ND and they were controlling the game.

Gracie Irby converted two free kicks for GHS and was 2-1 at half...fairly balanced game by half....ND came out with alot of pressure first 10-12 mins of 2nd half and GHS scored on a counter attack finished by Anna Leslie. ND did have one nice scoring opp late but GHS keeper made great save.

GHS is slowly getting better due to mulitple reasons...not gonna dominate teams but they will come up and bite a good one every now and then.

ND has a good team....heard they are down from previous years....#5 and #12 really stood out...

FYI per canes food message...deli mexicana is awesome...nothing like you have ever had before...on gtown parkway across the street from the chick fila near Humphreys Blvd....Gtown Commissary for BBQ, ribs, deviled eggs, bananna pudding, sweet tea...can't go wrong.....lastly, Osaka (sushi) on Houston Levee Rd on left just south of poplar ave...try the Jamaican Roll!

Kudos to Gracie Irby for two spot on free kicks that resulted in the first two goals for Germantown, they were great shots !

I usually don't complain about ref calls, but have to mention that the first (of two handballs freekicks that resulted in goals)penalty was a TERRIBLE call...The hard kicked ball from the Germantown player skimmed the ND defender's hand/arm at the 18, and then proceeded quickly past her over the end line...no advantage gained, no intent, and certainly was incidental contact...poor judgement in my opinion, considering the ball continued to sail past her (at the 18) and out of bounds due to its velocity...

The 2nd handball(and subsequent goal)was definitely a correct call..

I was a little surprised by outcome of the Oak Ridge-Houston game..saw about 3/4 of the game......Maybe the time change affected us East Tennesseers... :rolleyes:

D

Canes- Unfortunately, ended up grabbing a beer and burger at Red Robin (Daughter's food choice)after the game....

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Finally found a computer to use so I'll add my thoughts. Great tournament with lots of surprises and great competition so far.

Oak Ridge - 0

Houston - 4

Not calling this one a surprise. Houston is for real and #25 is just a special player but they have talent everywhere I was very impressed. But I am proud of my girls for continuing to fight and love the fact that at one point we had 3 freshman and 2 sophs in our midfield holding their own just to see what they could do against and amazing squad. Hats off to Houston, you have a great team!

Oak Ridge - 2

Germantown - 0

Germantown really impressed me with their organization and pace that gave us some issues early. Their keeper had a phenomal match and I think they've shown they are a dangerous squad on set pieces. A few of their corners really had me worried. Our girls bounced back after a physically and emotionally draining match to play with alot of passion and put together the most complete 80 mins I have seen all year. Considering a key player missing do to illness and asking a young player to step in that hasn't started all year or played many minutes, she had a phenomal game and I won't mention her name but she knows who she is. Again, played alot of young players that are just growing every game. Now time to rest up for Baylor. Guess the good news is I get to see a good friend in Coaching in Coach Blair. :mrgreen:

Good luck to all the rest of they way. Here is a praying for a healthy finish to a great

tournament so far.

Gracie Irby converted two free kicks for GHS and was 2-1 at half...fairly balanced game by half....ND came out with alot of pressure first 10-12 mins of 2nd half and GHS scored on a counter attack finished by Anna Leslie. ND did have one nice scoring opp late but GHS keeper made great save.

GHS is slowly getting better due to mulitple reasons...not gonna dominate teams but they will come up and bite a good one every now and then.

ND has a good team....heard they are down from previous years....#5 and #12 really stood out...

FYI per canes food message...deli mexicana is awesome...nothing like you have ever had before...on gtown parkway across the street from the chick fila near Humphreys Blvd....Gtown Commissary for BBQ, ribs, deviled eggs, bananna pudding, sweet tea...can't go wrong.....lastly, Osaka (sushi) on Houston Levee Rd on left just south of poplar ave...try the Jamaican Roll!

Germantown played us very tough today. Their keeper kept us at bay in the 1st half with some quality saves. Our left back came up and scored from about 25 yards on a shot that was virtually unstoppable. Gtwon came out strong in the 2nd half and took the game to us for the better part of 10 minutes but were unable to equalize. Our last goal came late on a good play by one of forwards to get past the keeper. A well played game but the heat index did take a toll on both teams in the 2nd half. I was very surprised no water breaks were required.

Bearden 2-0 over Germantown

Bearden scored on set piece both times off headers...1st goal was with about 15 mins left in half...if defender stays on post she would have stopped it...the ball hit the post low to the ground....2nd half goal was qualty header with probably with 10 mins left...Last 15 mins of match, Bearden either turned up pressure or Gtown wilted due to lack of depth...probably a little of both....was expecting to see a blowout by Bearden..didn't happen..game was more competitive than i expected...both keepers played well and had to make quality saves...Bearden keeper made amazing save at end of 1st half...my impression of Bearden is they are solid across the field but no game changing player that I saw...Heard they are ranked #1 in state...I think Houston and Franklin are 1A and 1B and everybody else is a notch below....but thats why they play the game!