Macon at Sycamore

what0it0is

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't compare Macon or Sycamore to Clarksville-NE at all. Clarksville-NE would beat the brakes off of any team that either of these teams has played so far this year.

you are bad wrong! goodpasture would thump clarksville-ne and anybody else in the state with the exception of alcoa and symrna.trust me they are that good. :thumb:

you are bad wrong! goodpasture would thump clarksville-ne and anybody else in the state with the exception of alcoa and symrna.trust me they are that good. :thumb:

I doubt that now goldenrod. Goodpasture dug themselves in a huge hole against Ravenwood before eventually rallying to win on overtime. With all due respect to the Raptors football program I don't think they are anywhere among "elite" status statewide.

Goodpasture beat CPA this past week by 1-POINT (28-27). Am I to believe that CPA is that good as well? East Literature thumped them by 2 TDs the previous week and that is the same East Literature squad that only beat Westmoreland in the first game by 3-POINTS (24-21).

Goodpasture, Greenbrier, & White House will fight it out for the 9-AA crown and I would not be shocked to see them all defeat one another and wind up in a 3-WAY tie at season's end. Greenbrier defeated Sycamore 2 weeks ago without Trevor Thaxton in the lineup. I am sure that his addition makes a difference for the Bobcats.

Alcoa and CAK are the 2 best teams in all of Class 3A. They are in the same district though and will have to play within the opening 3 rounds of the playoffs. Camden Central & Smith County (along with Goodpasture) are the best teams in the western half of the bracket. I don't think any of them could play CAK within 3 TDs nor do I believe any of them could play Alcoa to within 5 TDs.

Thanks for the support SEVEN. We're hoping so as well. I believe we've got the ship steered in the right direction. Jackets are idle this week, eh? That Purple and Gold "rebuilding year" team looks very good to me. Good luck on another championship run.

No problem Wishbone. I too believe things are starting to turn around in Macon Co. The Jr. High team has looked good the last couple of years, so I know talent is coming through the pipelines....just have to keep them out and interested. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was our program....it takes time.

As for us, yeah we're off this week. Rebuilding? I knew there wouldn't be the "fall off" that a lot of people were expecting. However, we've got a long way to go before we can start thinking about another run.